How should the team respond to Gronk?

Magox

With the cheap shot against Tre'davious white, how should the Bills respond?

Should one of the players return the cheap shot back to him?   Just play physical against him?  Try to hurt him?  Or simply just exact revenge by winning?

I'm hoping one of the players absolutely levels him right back.  I don't care if they get ejected, pick some back up and try to put the hurt on him.  What Gronk did was malicious and he deserves to get it right back.

our players did nothing in the game last year when A Will got his cheap shot

our players did nothing in the dolphins game after that game either

our players did nothing to Gronk immediately after his cheap shot on White

our players will do nothing in retaliation, we are comprised of kitty cats 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He seems like a gorilla in a cage that if you poke a few times....they lose all composure and start swinging arms and grabbing the bars shaking it.

I would rattle him all game and wait for another explosion.  Hopefully this flag(s) are very beneficial for us.

so apropos 

They should respond by winning in Foxboro. You can bet that the refs will be watching for anything "revenge like" real close, so even the slightest bs will be called. We all know how Pats vs Bills games are usually called anyway. So best thing is just go in there and come away with a win somehow.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Why does he get to have a metal bar on his arm? Can our players do that? 

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

They should respond by winning in Foxboro. You can bet that the refs will be watching real close, so even the slightest bs will be called. We all know how Pats vs Bills games are usually called anyway. So best thing is just go in there and come away with a win somehow.

Cannot see any way that this is allowed to happen

1 minute ago, Jasovon said:

I think the metal bar protects the arm that was broken twice.

1 minute ago, Jasovon said:

Agree it seems pretty impossible, but they will have to somehow pull all the tricks up their sleeve and play near perfect. I don't see it happening either but there is always hope lol.

As a parting gift to Bills fans, Kyle Williams should "tangle up" with him and dislodge cartilage in some of Gronks joints, whether it be the knees or bionic elbow. KW has too much class for that, but it would be a nice sendoff.. 

Really no question here.  Any team with a set of ba;;;s would simply take him out.  His hit was beyond offensive and his penalty, or lack thereof, is even more offensive.  Really have no shot at winning the game, so you might as well at least show them that you mean business. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think we should cheapshot him early. In the back. And then fake taking runs at him the rest of the game as he looks for it or tries to retaliate. More to throw him off his game than to hurt him in vengeance. 

This is more along the lines of what I'm thinking.  I think the Bills need to be a) sneaky and b) smart.  They need to get any kind of physical shots in without being caught and they need to get into his head, so - as you stated - he retaliates and gets flagged.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Magox said:

With the cheap shot against Tre'davious white, how should the Bills respond?

Should one of the players return the cheap shot back to him?   Just play physical against him?  Try to hurt him?  Or simply just exact revenge by winning?

I'm hoping one of the players absolutely levels him right back.  I don't care if they get ejected, pick some back up and try to put the hurt on him.  What Gronk did was malicious and he deserves to get it right back.

Beat him up physically (within rules) and win the game. Nothing else really matters other than winning the game. 

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He seems like a gorilla in a cage that if you poke a few times....they lose all composure and start swinging arms and grabbing the bars shaking it.

I would rattle him all game and wait for another explosion.  Hopefully this flag(s) are very beneficial for us.

This is the answer. Get him frustrated, he is a very emotional player.

As much as I want a player to grab a basebll bat from the sidelines and go at his knees, we need to just apply steady, constant pressure, within the whistles. Never let him get away with touching the ball without getting hit. Never let him have a clean release off the line. And put a double team on him. Give BB a taste of his own medicine and take away what they do best, and put someone in position to jump his routes. Push, pull, hit, and grab all day, clearly he hates that.

4 minutes ago, Albwan said:

refs will be headhunting the bills, bank on it.

Of course the refs are coming after the Bills.  They are going to do that regardless, so we might as well at least commit the infraction.  These games are fixed people. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

it also acts as a club that for example you can push off defenders with or drop onto cornerbacks head's to concuss them.

Yes, that it does.  The NFL should make Gronk remove the arm brace since he proved he will use it as a weapon.

• Like (+1) 1

Why do we have to hurt someone back?  I don't understand this way of thinking.  Is it because we haven't won much over the years and fans just want to take out their frustrations out on the other team?  Use it as motivation to play harder.

The best revenge is to get into the fuc*in playoffs and beat them!  Can a football team have class or do they just need to act like cavemen?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, davspo said:

Of course the refs are coming after the Bills.  They are going to do that regardless, so we might as well at least commit the infraction.  These games are fixed people. 

then why do you watch/come to a football teams message board? 

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

Why do we have to hurt someone back?  I don't understand this way of thinking.  Is it because we haven't won much over the years and fans just want to take out their frustrations out on the other team?  Use it as motivation to play harder.

The best revenge is to get into the fuc*in playoffs and beat them!  Can a football team have class or do they just need to act like cavemen?  

cavemen, its a cavemen sport 

hurt him as revenge. hurt him so he knows he cant do it to the bills again. hurt him so other players know you cant cheap shot the bills and get away with it (like they have been doing for years to us). hurt him to draw a line in the sand....but alas, no sack bills wont do anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

cavemen, its a cavemen sport 

hurt him as revenge. hurt him so he knows he cant do it to the bills again. hurt him so other players know you cant cheap shot the bills and get away with it (like they have been doing for years to us). hurt him to draw a line in the sand....but alas, no sack bills wont do anything. 

Haha dirty teams will be dirty teams.  How many times have the Bengals and the Steelers traded blows and gotten penalties and suspensions as a result?  It hasn't stopped them from continuing to hurt each other.  Why "hurt him as revenge" when all it is going to do is get us a penalty and maybe a suspension?  Sounds dumb to me

Edited by Buffalo30