How should the team respond to Gronk?

Magox

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

Haha dirty teams will be dirty teams.  How many times has the Bengals and the Steelers traded blows and gotten penalties and suspensions as a result?  It hasn't stopped them from continuing to hurt each other.  Why "hurt him as revenge" when all it is going to do is get us a penalty and maybe a suspension?  Sounds dumb to me

but we arent the bengals and steelers, that is a two team dirty rivalry...we are a whipping boy, and revenge can help end that. Enough is enough. I am tired of watching a bunch of pansy asses get walked all over in every aspect. I know our team will take the "smart" route and not retaliate, I am just answering the OPs question about what I THINK we should do

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

but we arent the bengals and steelers, that is a two team dirty rivalry...we are a whipping boy, and revenge can help end that. Enough is enough. I am tired of watching a bunch of pansy asses get walked all over in every aspect. I know our team will take the "smart" route and not retaliate, I am just answering the OPs question about what I THINK we should do

If we retaliate though, why wouldn't they retaliate back and then the cycle continues just like it does with the Steelers and Bengals. If we were winning, I'm sure fans wouldn't be as disgusted that we take the classy smart way instead the low road.  

If we retaliate though, why wouldn't they retaliate back and then the cycle continues just like it does with the Steelers and Bengals. If we were winning, I'm sure fans wouldn't be as disgusted that we take the classy smart way instead the low road.  

great point, but only one way to find out

also you are right, if we were winning some fans might not be as disgusted...but personally what Gronk did is as low as low can be in the game of football, and since the NFL didn't do any justice, vigilante justice should be on the table...

• Like (+1) 2

great point, but only one way to find out

also you are right, if we were winning some fans might not be as disgusted...but personally what Gronk did is as low as low can be in the game of football, and since the NFL didn't do any justice, vigilante justice should be on the table...

I just disagree with stooping to their level. Not saying we can't hit them hard with clean legal hits but there is no need to cheap shot anyone.  

8 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I just disagree with stooping to their level. Not saying we can't hit them hard with clean legal hits but there is no need to cheap shot anyone.  

yup, we can disagree, thats OK. I would love a nice cheap shot...helmet to his back or knee that ends his F'ing career. Let the suspensions and fines fly. Ends the Pats super bowl chances, (maybe even taking him out of the game real early allows us even a snowballs chance in hell at winning this game haha) and I will drink and be merry on Christmas! 

edit: I should add, if we can legally hit him and end his career at the same time, then I am all for that! 

Edited by PaattMaann

yup, we can disagree, thats OK. I would love a nice cheap shot...helmet to his back or knee that ends his F'ing career. Let the suspensions and fines fly. Ends the Pats super bowl chances, (maybe even taking him out of the game real early allows us even a snowballs chance in hell at winning this game haha) and I will drink and be merry on Christmas! 

I know we get emotional as fans and want the Bills to win/Pats to lose and also want payback for the hit on white.

But at the end of the day Gronk still has a family and he's a human being.

What he did to white was 100 percent wrong. That really pissed me off.  But the last thing I want to see is a cheap shot to end an athletes careeer.

6 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I have no problem with disagreeing having a nice conversation but the fact that fans root for players to get hurt turns my stomach.  These guys work all of their lives to get to this stage.  It's just a game, injuring someone on purpose is not what the game of football is about to me.  Like I said, I would be very displeased if we stoop to that level

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I know we get emotional as fans and want the Bills to win/Pats to lose and also want payback for the hit on white.

But at the end of the day Gronk still has a family and he's a human being.

What he did to white was 100 percent wrong. That really pissed me off.  But the last thing I want to see is a cheap shot to end an athletes careeer.

I wish this was the opinion of every fan and player.  Respect

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have no problem with disagreeing having a nice conversation but the fact that fans root for players to get hurt turns my stomach.  These guys work all of their lives to get to this stage.  It's just a game, injuring someone on purpose is not what the game of football is about to me.  Like I said, I would be very displeased if we stoop to that level

Did you see what Gronk did to our best defensive player? You're OK with that? One game suspension was a joke. This isn't like a little kid got beat up on the playground and went home so his mommy could give him ice cream and make it OK.

There is no room at all ever for wishing injury on another player.

I can't beleive some here even consider it an option.

Those who are suggesting a cheap shot are right up there with the drunk table jumper staples in the head meathead or the I'm on fire guy

1 hour ago, davspo said:

Really no question here.  Any team with a set of ba;;;s would simply take him out.  His hit was beyond offensive and his penalty, or lack thereof, is even more offensive.  Really have no shot at winning the game, so you might as well at least show them that you mean business. 

that's just plain stupid.

5 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Did you see what Gronk did to our best defensive player? You're OK with that? One game suspension was a joke. This isn't like a little kid got beat up on the playground and went home so his mommy could give him ice cream and make it OK.

No I'm not okay with it.  I want our team to go out there and play hard and hit them hard but in a clean way.  Why intentionally try to hurt a player?  Why stoop to that level?  We are already the trash of the NFL with our fans hurting themselves by jumping onto tables.  I prefer to play the right way and with class.  I want our players focusing on winning this crucial game not on hurting another player.  

Athletes have family just like White said.  I'm not in the boat of threatening a players career and letting our emotions get in the way of winning.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

With the cheap shot against Tre'davious white, how should the Bills respond?

Should one of the players return the cheap shot back to him?   Just play physical against him?  Try to hurt him?  Or simply just exact revenge by winning?

I'm hoping one of the players absolutely levels him right back.  I don't care if they get ejected, pick some back up and try to put the hurt on him.  What Gronk did was malicious and he deserves to get it right back.

This isn't hockey where you have opportunities to hit someone legally and add a little cheap shot to it. To go out of your way to injure someone would be just as bad as what Gronk did.

I feel like i'm teaching my kids life lessons about revenge. I tell my kids to be the bigger person. The league suspended him for a game, it probably should have been more, but it wasn't a slap on the wrist. This isn't vigilante justice here.

If the players are distracted by Gronk- we have less of a chance to win than originally thought, and we need to win Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

No I'm not okay with it.  I want our team to go out there and play hard and hit them hard but in a clean way.  Why intentionally try to hurt a player?  Why stoop to that level?  We are already the trash of the NFL with our fans hurting themselves by jumping onto tables.  I prefer to play the right way and with class.  I want our players focusing on winning this crucial game not on hurting another player.  

Athletes have family just like White said.  I'm not in the boat of threatening a players career and letting our emotions get in the way of winning.  

The only thing a bully understands is getting punched in the nose. I agree winning is more important BUT, It's one thing to lose. It's another thing to lose and get your butt kicked. That is what happened last game. If that happens again they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyways. Just my opinion.

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

There is no room at all ever for wishing injury on another player.

I can't beleive some here even consider it an option.

Those who are suggesting a cheap shot are right up there with the drunk table jumper staples in the head meathead or the I'm on fire guy

Thank you!!! 

some of us just want to see accountability for peoples actions...its part of whats wrong with society today, many are not held accountable for their actions, so they never learn. Common with criminals...schools let kids get away with things out of fear from parents, kids dont learn their actions have consequences, they commit crimes on the streets, court system slaps them on the wrist with a petty probation or puts them on PINS in youthful offender status, again they dont learn from their mistakes (look at me, Im hard, the schools and courts cant touch me!!)...and then they commit real crimes because they never learned their lessons...

this Gronk situation is merely a microcosm of whats wrong with society...therefore I am in favor of dealing out justice, and maybe the Gronk will learn him something...and if not, itll hurt the Pat's...DILLY DILLY!

I feel the whole thing is playing right into the Cheaters hands.  They will have a plan to try to capitalize off any Bills emotion by needling them throughout the game in an effort to draw penalties.  Same as what the did to capitalize on Rex's 'undisciplined' teams

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He seems like a gorilla in a cage that if you poke a few times....they lose all composure and start swinging arms and grabbing the bars shaking it.

I would rattle him all game and wait for another explosion.  Hopefully this flag(s) are very beneficial for us.

Sadly they only throw flags against the Pats when the game is not in doubt. These flags are just to even out the bogus calls that stopped drives for the opponent team. If this were any other team I'd be right there with you, but against the Pats at Foxboro the result will be holding, taunting or unsportsmanlike calls :-(

4 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

The only thing a bully understands is getting punched in the nose. I agree winning is more important BUT, It's one thing to lose. It's another thing to lose and get your butt kicked. That is what happened last game. If that happens again they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyways. Just my opinion.

So we need to take a cheap shot on a guy because we are gonna lose?  That sounds pretty low to me

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

Thank you!!! 

some of us just want to see accountability for peoples actions...its part of whats wrong with society today, many are not held accountable for their actions, so they never learn. Common with criminals...schools let kids get away with things out of fear from parents, kids dont learn their actions have consequences, they commit crimes on the streets, court system slaps them on the wrist with a petty probation or puts them on PINS in youthful offender status, again they dont learn from their mistakes (look at me, Im hard, the schools and courts cant touch me!!)...and then they commit real crimes because they never learned their lessons...

this Gronk situation is merely a microcosm of whats wrong with society...therefore I am in favor of dealing out justice, and maybe the Gronk will learn him something...and if not, itll hurt the Pat's...DILLY DILLY!

jesus christ,  Gronk did get suspended you know.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

jesus christ,  Gronk did get suspended you know.

lol yup, the 1 game was equivalent to a child criminal being given community service they never have to complete...does nothing, you think Gronk learned from that one game suspension? He showed no remorse, he blamed the freaking refs!!!!!! give me a break

easy to see why we are soft as a society 

I am sure when Gronk catches the ball there will be a little bit more intensity in the hits he receives. Refs will be looking for retaliation on him and will flag anything considered close. The Bills cannot afford 15 yard penalties against the Pats. Instead of trying to hurt him, take away his impact on the game. Beat him on the scoreboard. 20 yrs ago I would have said punch him in the throat. 

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

lol yup, the 1 game was equivalent to a child criminal being given community service they never have to complete...does nothing, you think Gronk learned from that one game suspension? He showed no remorse, he blamed the freaking refs!!!!!! give me a break

Yeah, this is why our prisons are so empty. You're ridiculous.

1 minute ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I am sure when Gronk catches the ball there will be a little bit more intensity in the hits he receives. Refs will be looking for retaliation on him and will flag anything considered close. The Bills cannot afford 15 yard penalties against the Pats. Instead of trying to hurt him, take away his impact on the game. Beat him on the scoreboard. 20 yrs ago I would have said punch him in the throat. 

If we are anywhere near him when he catches the ball.

3 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I'm pretty confident he won't do that again, so yeah, I think he did.

Just now, klos63 said:

Yeah, this is why our prisons are so empty. You're ridiculous.

you are, without intending to, agreeing with my argument...our prisons ARE full because we take no real preventative measures to stop criminals before they become full fledged criminals. Get to them young, teach them young in hopes of stopping them from committing real crimes that need prison time. However I am done with this line of discussion because it is not what the thread was intended for...

Just now, PaattMaann said:

you are, without intending to, agreeing with my argument...our prisons ARE full because we take no real preventative measures to stop criminals before they become full fledged criminals. Get to them young, teach them young in hopes of stopping them from committing real crimes that need prison time. However I am done with this line of discussion because it is not what the thread was intended for...

you should have just left it alone to begin with instead of starting some silly rant

12 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Thank you!!! 

I understand the frustration but its no excuse to devolve...  the only way to satisfy us is to beat them and to beat them with there best players on the field.  A dirty hit for the sake of temporary satisfaction will not ail what is really hurting us.. We need the WIN

NOW I am all for hitting the man hard and treating Brady like a rag doll but I would take no satisfaction if we have to resort to Cobra Kai

Edited by ddaryl

Hit him hard hit him often and hang all over him. Frustrate him all game and take his mind out of it. Then hit Brady and pressure Brady all game stifle the run and win the game the best revenge you can get. Don't do anything dirty, I wont be mad at a pass interference call or holding call occasionally as long as it's not putting them in a great position. Get exotic on the d-line calling crazy blitzes and then faking the blitzes and dropping in coverage very important to not blitz to often and make sure they get home when you do or he'll pick us apart.

2 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Guard somehow against the slant.

Guard somehow against the fade.

Hit him often, mercilessly, and within the rules. 

I agree.   Gronk's cheap hit is in the past.  Winning is more important than revenge. 

Accomplishing just that one goal is difficult enough.  We don't need to try for two.

Shutting him down and getting a "W" would be revenge enough.

As a general rule I don't like to see players get hurt, regardless of exactly how it happens or what uniform they suit up in. These guys work too hard for too long to get to where they are and even if the risk of injury is part of the game I don't get any satisfaction when it happens. On the other hand, the players don't assume the risk of injury as a result of a criminal assault that is clearly outside the four corners of the game. And one would expect players to understand that given their own vulnerability to career limiting injury. So as an exception to the general rule I really wouldn't feel bad if Gronk was carted off the field on a stretcher next Sunday. 

But as it is, against a superior opponent the Bills will be struggling to level out the playing field. And we all know the deference with which NFL officiating treats Tom and the Pats, especially at Gillette. So do everything you can to disrupt Gronk's game and hit him often and hit him hard but do so within the rules. The D absolutely has to scheme to take him away if the Bills are to have any chance. He's a great player and he's really on his game right now.