Kelvin Benjamin injury ( torn meniscus, will play through and have surgery after the season)

YoloinOhio

What is it with this team?

mathews misses 2 games in  3 years with Philly. Now he’s chipped sternum, thumb, now a knee.

k benj has the catestrophic acl but otherwise has been available. Gets a knee

Rookie Zay finally starts looking not lost and gets a knee.

Why is it year in and year out the WR Corp seems like a mash unit? 

Does QB play factor into wr injuries? 

20 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

The Patriots seemed to make it to the Super Bowl without Gronk last year and had small wide receivers. I don’t buy the injury excuse 

Guess the Bills just need to get Tom Brady behind center and they’ll be all set...

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, skibum said:

I have torn both of my ACLs and have found that weight bearing is not an issue unless you also wreck your articular cartilage and/or meniscus or stretch/damage other ligaments. The ACL gives stability in certain scenarios, but when it is torn there are still 3 major ligaments holding the femur and tibia together, plus the meniscus helping keep things aligned and articular cartilage providing cushioning between the bones. It's trauma to those other elements that would require bracing or non-weight bearing after an ACL tear - but that trauma is very common because of the force required to tear a ligament. I got lucky and I hope KB did too!

You are correct. I am just passing info along. She was a trainer for a WNBA team for ten years before going into orthopedics. She mentioned after ACL tear they want the player in a hinge brace if not stable and weight off of it to get the swelling down so they can do surgery. No chances taken. She mentioned some people in the general public dont even bother to get it fixed especially elderly people that are not athletic. They just wait to get the whole knee replaced. 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What is it with this team?

mathews misses 2 games in  3 years with Philly. Now he’s chipped sternum, thumb, now a knee.

k benj has the catestrophic acl but otherwise has been available. Gets a knee

Rookie Zay finally starts looking not lost and gets a knee.

Why is it year in and year out the WR Corp seems like a mash unit? 

Does QB play factor into wr injuries? 

Didn't he tear the acl against the bills in the preseason? Remember feeling guilty that happened against the bills cause he was coming off such a great rookie season. 

So yeah, he's screwed, we're cursed and looks like the central curse vortex has manifested with that trade...the prophecy has come to pass, don't think about marshmallows!

3 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

The Patriots seemed to make it to the Super Bowl without Gronk last year and had small wide receivers. I don’t buy the injury excuse 

When you have Tom Brady you can win with a receiving Corp of street free agents. How is this valid? We dont have anything close to Tom Brady at QB.

5 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Didn't he tear the acl against the bills in the preseason? Remember feeling guilty that happened against the bills cause he was coming off such a great rookie season. 

So yeah, he's screwed, we're cursed and looks like the central curse vortex has manifested with that trade...the prophecy has come to pass, don't think about marshmallows!

He tore it in preseason but it was just in a random training camp practice. He played in the preseason game vs Bills and lit up Darby.

• SDS unpinned this topic

From BB.com

Good news on Benjamin and Hyde
The hyperextension of Kelvin Benjamin’s knee early in the first quarter did not look good. The receiver was helped to the sidelines and eventually carted off to the locker room. On Monday, McDermott had some encouraging news on the receiver.

The good news is there’s no ligament damage,” said McDermott of Benjamin’s knee. “We’re still under evaluation on the rest of it at this point.”

More should be known on Benjamin’s status for Sunday’s game midweek.

The news was even better for safety Micah Hyde, who also left Sunday’s game with a knee injury and did not return.

“Micah checked out fine,” said McDermott. “He should be fine.”

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

11 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

I couldn’t help it.... it just popped in there 

• Like (+1) 1