Bills will likely be thin at RB in Sunday

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Why has the front office completely ignored the running back position this season?

I think the biggest surprise to me initially was not drafting one. I was convinced that they would after they lost Gillislee. Then I assumed they would just go with Jwill. Nope. Then I thought they would trade for one. Nada.

7 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Something like that this Sunday wouldn't surprise me. 

Yeah I would run about 6 to 7 plays with tyrod in shotgun formation with shady next to him and either Deonte Thompson, Cadet, or Tate running the sweep.  

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Travares Cadet, LOL.  Never thought i would be yearning to see Mike Tolbert playing.  The J Williams release just pisses me off ever time i think about it.

Williams release or not signing Gillislee was incredibly stupid. I knew this day would come. Even Taiwan Jones would've been decent.  Tolbert & DiMarco aren't worth a bag of chips. Better pray Shady can go a few extra touches or Nate will be throwing more than he thinks.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

40 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Why has the front office completely ignored the running back position this season?

Probably for the same reasons that the Bills haven't had an NFL-caliber WR corps and why Vlad Ducasse is their starting RG: they couldn't find anybody to meet their standards of character as determined by how much they "buy into" McDermott's "process".

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

If there is a god Cadet will come in and provide quality relief to shady so much so that they "keep the hot hand going"

How can a Bills fan believe there is a god ... unless he/she/it is a vengeful one?

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

I've been perplexed with their handling of the RB position this year. We understand that McCoy is the focal point and I think the ideal situation they were shooting for was to have defenses get tired out from chasing McCoy for most of the game and then hitting them with Tolbert who would be able to plow through a bunch of winded defenders. That hasn't been the case, though. Not saying J. Williams was an all-world back by any means but he certainly had much more to offer than Tolbert, who is limited to straight runs between the tackles because he doesn't have the speed to hit the corner. So anytime Tolbert is in there all defenses have to do is crowd the middle of the line and stay in their gaps. At least with Williams they would've had more options on the types of run calls they could've assigned to him.

I understand how important culture is to McBeane. It's clear that the prototype for the players they want are selfless, team-first, low-ego guys who just wanna win. Having special teams experience also seems to be a rather important box they wanna check off. And with draft prospects, they're obviously looking for experienced players. I don't believe any of their draft picks this year were early entrants. And those qualities in a player are great. It fits in with the strong team bond they wanna build and the chemistry they wanna develop. But, one of my questions on this regime is, will they limit themselves to players with ONLY those qualities? I would hope not. I would hope when they're scouting players (let's say prospects in this case) that they're not taking a player off the board because he only has two years of college under his belt. I would hope they're not taking a player off the board because he doesn't play special teams. I would hope they wouldn't pass over a supremely talented player because he has a bit of an ego. It's all well and good to have the foundation of your roster be built on those team-first, hardworking and "I just wanna win" types of players but they can't limit themselves to picking and signing players of ONLY that make-up. Gotta take some chances on guys who may have a bit of an attitude, a bit of swagger, a bit of nasty, etc. Because it's not as if those players can't come into a healthy locker room and mature and learn the importance of the culture they want here. So, yeah, I mean, McBeane didn't spend 20+ years climbing the ladder to get to where they are to NOT realize that they can't be so limited in the players they choose for his team. At least I hope not anyway.

You give this regime too much benefit of the doubt. I on the other hand feel this regime is clueless from top to bottom. There is no way I draft a popcorn peter when Dashawn Watson is still on the board I grab him and  let  the chips fall where they may Watson showed any normal person enough against Alabama in both Championship games.  He took a so called complicated O'Brian system and lit the NFL up    He gets hurt and Houston is in a tail spin  ... 

Remember this regime come from Carolina who have zero history of strong drafting and has never had  sustained excellence . There talent evaluators are suspect at best. For the second time we draft a defensive head coach, middle of  the road defensive coach at that , I knew there would be a problem just based on who he hired  to be  his line coaches , which is your foundation ,  our previous O-line coach is one of the best , Castillo is garbage plain and simple , as for our D-line coach when I seen him on hard knocks I knew he would be a disaster.   

Coach Ryan  has singled handily destroyed the defense last year  This year dermett has done the same to the one identity we had left the run game . Everyone scream process, change of culture but everyone they got rid of was here less than three years and more importantly playmakers .  The prior scouting staff was able to find the Groy's ,  Alexanders , Hughes ,  Williams, before he ate himself out the league , Gilisee , Incognito and the list goes on......What has this regime found ? answer no one    

When you change culture you get rid of your old players and keep your young and up and coming. This regime did the opposite this is Chip Kelly all over again  if your cool with coach ie: Tolbert    you can get a free pass because talents means nothing to this coach its who he thinks he can control.  its obvious to anyone that J.Williams  is clearly the better and guess what cheaper back. instead we keep the older Bills who know nothing but losing but are good ole boys  try to make specialty players into dominant ones ie: Alexander,  Kyle  Williams  or make cast offs into starting guards Ducasse  or tackles Mills.    The dominant run game the past two years had 8 in the box last two years and still ran the ball down their throats.   Groy /Miller  was key cogs . This regime comes in and think the imported  cast offs are better for the        Oline well we see the results of that experiment     

McBean said you cant get a WR like Benjamin in the 3rd round I beg to differ. You know why Carolina kept drafting WR's after KB until they  got rid of him?  He was hurt first year, second year got hurt came in to training camp at 280lbs sounds familiar , what is it with Florida State players .....imagine if  Sammy Watkins came in at 280 this city would  go crazy. So I say you can get a Kelvin Benjamin in the 3rd ......What you can't get is a Sammy Watkins with a second an a broke down CB who has a three year history of always getting hurt.   

Fact is players when games coaches/GM  loses them if they cant understand in football the best player plays if  a player is in their for any reason other the he is the best player then his  culture is not worth a pack  of  beans.  its amazing to me that most of our star players new football homes are doing very well.   I guess the culture they really want is street free agent cheap players who are nice with the coach I can get you a job culture . Its clear to anybody that the best players are not allowed to play in Buffalo.     that's what happens when you get a weak head coach that is scared of strong personalities.  Need proof look at the way Pittsburgh handled their talented but troubled WR Bryant ............. Pittsburgh has a strong head coach and a leader of men  who  don't give away  talent I guess that's why they are consistent winners.  This regime cant get fired fast enough.  at least I get to save some money for a couple of years until this clown acts are fired .........I officially understand that the Pelugas don't have a clue on how to run a football org.....     

Edited by liverpoolkev

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Travares Cadet, LOL.  Never thought i would be yearning to see Mike Tolbert playing.  The J Williams release just pisses me off ever time i think about it.

I'm not. I'd rather have Cadet than Tolbert. Better fit. Cadet was an awesome pass catcher coming out of the backfield with the Saints. Would rather see him with the swing pass that Dennison like to do rather than Tolbert.

Tolbert doesn't belong on this team.......McD has some sort of blind spot about this guy.  OK, he is not Shady by a long shot, but he isn't anything by a long shot either.  Last week  when he should go get the first down....he gets totally stuffed....he could not deliver the blow and get anything postive.  That is supposed to be his game....and he doesn't have game anymore........I hope tolbert doesn't see the field again this year.   Resign Banyard............imho.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tolbert still not practicing today with a hamstring. Chris Brown said it’s not looking good for him to play. So now behind Shady it’s just Travaris Cadet, who is mainly used in the passing game, and the FB Pat dimarco. Dimarco has very little experience as a runner and hasn’t been successful in short yardage situations and we don’t know if Cadet knows all the protections to be the 3rd down back like Tolbert was. Tolbert isn’t my favorite option as RB2 but that looks like a big hole going into the game. Only RB on the PS is Marcus Murphy, 5’8 193.

its too bad since LAC’s run D has sucked all year and it would be good to take advatange of that. Though perryman came back from IR last week and helped a lot. Interestingly the Jags reversed tendencies vs the Chargers and passed more than they ran. 

AMEN TO Tolbert out...  I Hope he is done for the season. 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tolbert still not practicing today with a hamstring. Chris Brown said it’s not looking good for him to play. So now behind Shady it’s just Travaris Cadet, who is mainly used in the passing game, and the FB Pat dimarco. Dimarco has very little experience as a runner and hasn’t been successful in short yardage situations and we don’t know if Cadet knows all the protections to be the 3rd down back like Tolbert was. Tolbert isn’t my favorite option as RB2 but that looks like a big hole going into the game. Only RB on the PS is Marcus Murphy, 5’8 193.

its too bad since LAC’s run D has sucked all year and it would be good to take advatange of that. Though perryman came back from IR last week and helped a lot. Interestingly the Jags reversed tendencies vs the Chargers and passed more than they ran. 

Tolbert not in the game is barely a loss.  

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good...now they will have no choice to leave McCoy in and use him in a 100% must win game.