Expectations on next five games?

TFBillsfan

I know most are feeling great with the Bills sitting at 5-2. IMO, getting to 6-2 is critical. Lose and we face four straight challenging opponents. (NO, @SD, @KC, NE) SD on the road will not be a gimme. Losing to the Jets and things could change very quickly. Curious to what everyone's expectations are with these next five games. IMO, we have to come away with 3 wins at a minimum. Anything less and things look dramatically different.

Let's go Buffalo!

I see it like this:

JETS: W - I simply don't see how this team can lose to the Jets. I get they are playing hard, but they are so injured and we are going to feast on McCown once again.

NO: W - I think we use the home field advantage one more time and beat these guys, who are terrible on the road. Also, I'll be at the game, and we seem to win big games with me there (Packers 2014, for example).

SD: L - we might come to Earth here. Ingram and Bosa are quietly playing out of their minds, and we never seem to do well against the Chargers.

KC: L - if this game was home, we probably win this one, but KC has our number for some reason.

NE: W - Probably wrong but I think we stick it to the Cheats at home to clinch a playoff berth.

It all starts with getting a W tomorrow night...IF we do that

NO - Win...I dont see how they come into our house and beat us on our dirt...trust the process

SD - coin flip really....I hope McD has us leave a day or two early and practice out there (WHY DONT TEAMS DO THIS MORE? I dont care that players are away from their family, let the bodies adjust for 48 hours)...if chargers have lost a couple in a row they could feel hopeless and not play as inspired? Rivers is still a good QB, they have weapons and a strong run game. Would need to really really play well I think to win. But if we are coming off four straight wins...we could be riding high and win this game.

Thats all that I am prepared to do, and not even this much really...the NFL is a week to week league...as much as we poke fun at it, it is hard to win in the NFL.

I know most are feeling great with the Bills sitting at 5-2. IMO, getting to 6-2 is critical. Lose and we face four straight challenging opponents. (NO, @SD, @KC, NE) SD on the road will not be a gimme. Losing to the Jets and things could change very quickly. Curious to what everyone's expectations are with these next five games. IMO, we have to come away with 3 wins at a minimum. Anything less and things look dramatically different.

Let's go Buffalo!

I disagree with needing to come away with 3 wins at a minimum. Obviously it would be nice, but remember that after the Pats home game, it is Indy and Miami at home. Those should be 2 wins. If it is 2-3 over the next five games, and take care of business at home vs. Colts and Fins, sitting at 9-5 going into the @ Cheats and @ Fins game, needing one win out of those two, I'll take that as worst case.

I think we need to beat the Jets to put us in position for the playoffs. That puts us at 6-2. The next 4 games of NO, SD, KC, and NE- we must win 2 of them. That's 8-4. We then need 2 more wins out of Miami x2, NE, and the Colts. That will get us to 10 wins. None of that is outrageous. In fact, it's probable. However, it becomes harder if we're in a position to need a win against NE or to sweep the Dolphins. So the Jets win is important.

Beat the Jets first. Then we're onto New Orleans...

The NO game is my game to attend this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what should be one of week nine's best games in person.

I agree, one game at a time. That said, realistically I would be happy with 3 -2 over the next five, but can also see a possible 4 and 1.

Anything can happen, but my humble guess would be.

@ Jets - W

Saints - W

@ Chargers - W

@ Chiefs - L

Patriots - W

Colts - W

Dolphins - W

@ Patriots - L

@ Dolphins - L

11 - 5

And I will add, I really think they can win any game.

Edited by dubs

Thursday feels like a trap game to me. It's the biggest worry I've got on the remaining schedule because we've been here before and it's gone poorly.

Have to beat the Patriots once. My prognostication that the Bills and Pats will have identical records at their first meeting is so far holding up.

I think we need to beat the Jets to put us in position for the playoffs. That puts us at 6-2. The next 4 games of NO, SD, KC, and NE- we must win 2 of them. That's 8-4. We then need 2 more wins out of Miami x2, NE, and the Colts. That will get us to 10 wins. None of that is outrageous. In fact, it's probable. However, it becomes harder if we're in a position to need a win against NE or to sweep the Dolphins. So the Jets win is important.

Win the next three & I honestly don't think even the Bills could screw up not grabbing one of those wild card spots. The next three games are winnable, we need to win all three.

Thursday feels like a trap game to me. It's the biggest worry I've got on the remaining schedule because we've been here before and it's gone poorly.

Have to beat the Patriots once. My prognostication that the Bills and Pats will have identical records at their first meeting is so far holding up.

McDermott always has his players focused and prepared. They are not looking past anyone. There is no trap game for this football team.

Anything can happen, but my humble guess would be.

@ Jets - W

Saints - W

@ Chargers - W

@ Chiefs - L

Patriots - W

Colts - W

Dolphins - W

@ Patriots - L

@ Dolphins - L

11 - 5

And I will add, I really think they can win any game.

I am with you to the end,no way we lose to the fish this year ,at that point they will tank.

I see it like this:

JETS: W - I simply don't see how this team can lose to the Jets. I get they are playing hard, but they are so injured and we are going to feast on McCown once again.

NO: W - I think we use the home field advantage one more time and beat these guys, who are terrible on the road. Also, I'll be at the game, and we seem to win big games with me there (Packers 2014, for example).

SD: L - we might come to Earth here. Ingram and Bosa are quietly playing out of their minds, and we never seem to do well against the Chargers.

KC: L - if this game was home, we probably win this one, but KC has our number for some reason.

NE: W - Probably wrong but I think we stick it to the Cheats at home to clinch a playoff berth.

Saints will be tough. Could go either way but hoping home field wins it for us. Chargers are a fragile team with literally no fans. That's a W. KC is tough but we've beaten other tough opponents. Pats at home is totally winnable, especially with KB added to the fold. Colts and Dolphins? Don't make me laugh. I think 12-4 and the division crown are possible.

Flex game, here we come.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Saints will be tough. Could go either way but hoping home field wins it for us. Chargers are a fragile team with literally no fans. That's a W. KC is tough but we've beaten other tough opponents. Pats at home is totally winnable, especially with KB added to the fold. Colts and Dolphins? Don't make me laugh. I think 12-4 and the division crown are possible.

Flex game, here we come.

Jets game is critical. That and the Colts games are the only two remaining where we should have the expectation of chalking up wins. NO: maybe a little weather assistance in addition to the ordinary "they suck on the road" thing? Last Nov 12: 49 and partly cloudy. Buffalo, we can do better! Nov 12, 2015: 58 and rainy. Come on, not good enough. Nov 12, 2013: 33 and snowing. Take that, Mr. Brees!

SD - coin flip really....I hope McD has us leave a day or two early and practice out there (WHY DONT TEAMS DO THIS MORE? I dont care that players are away from their family, let the bodies adjust for 48 hours)...if chargers have lost a couple in a row they could feel hopeless and not play as inspired? Rivers is still a good QB, they have weapons and a strong run game. Would need to really really play well I think to win. But if we are coming off four straight wins...we could be riding high and win this game.

The game is at 1 San Diego time. 4 Buffalo time. Why don't they just plan on a 4pm start at home and not set thier clocks back? Live on Buffalo time. No jet lag.

Besides, going West is easy. Other way around is hard.

Pre-season I had us at 9-2 when NE* comes to town for the first time. Hoping that holds up!

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/194147-dinners-on-me-smartass-awesome-mix-vol-82/?p=4389656

Sunday, Sept 10 - Bills vs. Jets WIN (1-0)

Sunday, Sept 17 - Bills @ Panthers WIN (2-0)
Sunday, Sept. 24 - Bills vs. Broncos WIN (3-0)
Sunday, Oct 1 - Bills @ Falcons LOSS (3-1)
Sunday, Oct 8 - Bills @ Bengals WIN (4-1)
Sunday, Oct 22 - Bills vs. Buccaneers WIN (5-1)
Sunday, Oct 29 - Bills vs. Raiders LOSS (5-2)
Thursday, Nov 2 - Bills @ Jets WIN (6-2)
Sunday, Nov 12 - Bills vs. Saints WIN (7-2)
Sunday, Nov 19 - Bills @ Chargers WIN (8-2)
Sunday, Nov 26 - Bills @ Chefs WIN (9-2)
Sunday, Dec 3 - Bills vs. Patriots* LOSS (9-3)
Sunday, Dec 10 - Bills vs. Colts WIN (10-3)
Sunday, Dec 17 - Bills vs Fish WIN (11-3)
Sunday, Dec 24 - Bills @ Patriots* LOSS (11-4)
Sunday, Dec 31 - Bills @ Fish LOSS (11-5)
Edited by BuffaloHokie13

As for today here's my realistic expectations for not just the next 5 but rest of the season:

Jets - W, I'm still very concerned and anxious over this game but the Bills are better and playoff teams win these type of games. A loss here would be very deflating especially after making a big in season trade for a play making WR.

Saints - W, we aren't going 8-0 at home but I like the Bills to keep the home dominance going here especially with 10 days to prepare, this will be a very close game though and Saints will likely be riding a 6 game winning streak heading into this.

@LAC - L, This will be somewhat of a letdown but I see the chargers being 4-5 heading into this game needing it badly and we simply do not play well against them and on the west coast despite the fact there will likely be a massive Bills contingent in the stands.

@ Chiefs - W, Call it an upset but I think McD wins in his 2nd game against a former mentor this season. Chiefs defense is nowhere close to what they have been in years past and Bills are due to exorcise some demons against teams like the Chiefs that have dominated them in recent years.

Patriots - L, Would love to see a win but my gut instinct tells me we are still a year away from seriously contending for the division. I don't see a blowout but Pats will likely do their usual thing against us and win somewhat convincingly down the stretch.

Colts - W, Aside from the Jets, probably the only 'easy' game left based on the Colts record today. Only concern in this one is if Andrew Luck plays especially if the Colts are somehow still mathematically alive in a weak division.

Dolphins - L, Gases team should be rolling by this time and I'm still uneasy about having to play so many big division games late in the season especially with Miami's defense. This will be a letdown for sure but we should be in great shape regardless.

@ Patriots - L, pretty much same reason as the first matchup although we always seem to play better in Foxboro in recent years in terms of 'near wins'. Bills suffer first and only 2 day losing streak of the season.

@ Dolphins - W, Bills will likely catch a break in this game if the Dolphins already have one of the WC spots clinched. Bills might already have the other too but I see them winning this one even if both teams aren't resting starters. We might even see Peterman in this game if it's meaningless for both teams.

Final record: 10-6, #6 seed in AFC

Won't go any further than a win in new jersey. The Bills will win it, but how?

If it's a dog fight, we're not as far down the road as we think we are, and I'll wait on NOLA before I get my hopes any higher.

If they bury the Jerseyites I think they'll have finally turned the corner, finish 12-4 and take the division.

Having Benjamin adds a dimension to the team and adds a feeling to the franchise that hasn't been felt in awhile. Starts tomorrow night. I think Buffalo rolls the Jets on National TV. The whole NFL world still does not know how to take the Bills at 5-2 and also the news they got a 6-5 number 1 Wr for a 3rd and 7th. He is a freak and once he steps on the field it changes the whole dynamic for a defense. Buffalo makes the playoffs and this move is to take advantage of the AFC's biggest weakness the Defenses and Secondary. Buffalo will contend for the Division and it wont be decided until week 17.

Edited by Mat68

I am with you to the end,no way we lose to the fish this year ,at that point they will tank.

haha...I'm making the assumption the Bills are locked into their spot and just sit everyone.

I think we win the first three and lose the last two. We are better than the Jets. New Orleans doesn't typically play well outside of the dome. And the Chargers game will basically be a home crowd for the Bills.

But it's next to impossible to beat the Chiefs in KC, and we know our history against Brady and the Pats.

A lot are saying the Pats will sweep us, but I see us actually having a significant advantage against them this year. Their defense is torn to shreds without Hightower, and with our ball control game plan we should be able to sustain longer drives. Our defense also may have an advantage against those seem route passes to Gronk, and the underneath passing game. A lot of Hyde's success rides on tipped passes over the middle. So, as crazy as it may sound, I see us sweeping the Pats this year and winning the division at 13-3. Our only loss in the second half will be against KC.

Go Bills!

also my thought process.

While I'd absolutely love to see the Bills sweep the Pats I think Bledsoe will be successful against the bend-not-break style of the Bill's secondary. The Bills don't give up too many long passes but have tended to give up a lot of underneath stuff and that is exactly what the Pats do well. Hope I'm wrong.

@ Jets - W

Saints - W

@ Chargers - W

@ Chiefs - L

Patriots - L

Colts - W