Patriots trade Jimmy Garoppolo to SF

Would he have signed with them, as a FA?

Now they have the inside track, or can franchise him. Maybe still a bad move, but don't pretend like there isn't a benefit.

Thats what Im saying the Dean

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'OH! Just reread your post. My bad.

Ha. NP. I think its a fair price for the optionality the Niners get. Just blows me away how so many people on this board thing anything the Pats do is instant brilliance.

If Brady makes it through the year and they didnt want to sign JG, good move. If Brady gets hurt this year, its a waste of a year.

Reading the Pats*** will trade the 49ers' pick for a top-tier defensive lineman before the deadline. Who is available for that on a team that would deal with the devil?
for an almost 2nd rounder I’m sure you can get about anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont understand this take at all. Pats get a pick in low 30s for a guy who sits on the bench. Thats a great return.

If Brady gets hurt the Pats* arent going to a Super Bowl regardless of the backup.

Let me help you. If all knowing BB decided that Jimmy G. wasn't the guy then he would have got a better haul during the draft.

He waited and lost value.

Also Brady is one step from falling off a cliff then what? He trades Brisset for a poor man's Goodwin and now Jimmy G. Is heading west.

It's another case of mismanagement, when Brady finally falls off its all over for BB. A 2nd round pick. Bahaha

Spent 4 years developing the guy saying he is the one, refuses a better package, dumps him mid season.

Halloween started early for me...

I'll be tossing and turning, sweating and having nightmares all night.

You KNOW some stupid team is going to bail the cheating scum out by sending them an impact player.

Do not do it!

I was going to say today that its funny the Pats do have the bye week the same week as the trade deadline to help them get any acquisitions ready to play. I hate being that guy, but man it sure seems the league helps the rich stay rich. Especially when you throw in all the egregious calls that seem to go their way.

Id expect them to make another trade tomorrow.

Reading the Pats*** will trade the 49ers' pick for a top-tier defensive lineman before the deadline. Who is available for that on a team that would deal with the devil?

Hoodie is playing 4D chess, don't be surprised if this is a precursor to a bigger move.

Hope Beane is ready to counter strike whatever the Pats are about to pull off.

Bills have TT under contract next year. They are going to draft a QB in the first and he will sit for a year then take over. Imo.

I see your point but if the Bills feel he's the Franchise guy, Taylor has 5+ years in front of him , so that QB will be sitting a long time..

Let me help you. If all knowing BB decided that Jimmy G. wasn't the guy then he would have got a better haul during the draft.

He waited and lost value.

Also Brady is one step from falling off a cliff then what? He trades Brisset for a poor man's Goodwin and now Jimmy G. Is heading west.

It's another case of mismanagement, when Brady finally falls off its all over for BB. A 2nd round pick. Bahaha

Spent 4 years developing the guy saying he is the one, refuses a better package, dumps him mid season.

Don't you think he waited just in case in turned out he'd need Garoppolo for an extended time if Brady went down early this year? So he got half a year of a Jimmy G. insurance policy, then got probably the 34th pick in the 2018 draft.

Don't you think he waited just in case in turned out he'd need Garoppolo for an extended time if Brady went down early this year? So he got half a year of a Jimmy G. insurance policy, then got probably the 34th pick in the 2018 draft.

The last poster just said a backup QB wasn't taking them anywhere if Brady went down. So what exactly did he gain by having a non insurance insurance?

Chandler Jones? :)

I see your point but if the Bills feel he's the Franchise guy, Taylor has 5+ years in front of him , so that QB will be sitting a long time..

they dont feel hes the franchise guy. They will be drafting their qb of the (near) future. TT is a bridge. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't know how much JG actually learned with the Patriots or how good he really is. Come on we know Brady is an alpha male who doesn't care about anyone else. Do you think for a second he actually took this kid under his wings?

No but to be fair favre didnt take rodgers under his wing either

Hoodie is playing 4D chess, don't be surprised if this is a precursor to a bigger move.

Hope Beane is ready to counter strike whatever the Pats are about to pull off.

Ha! Belicheat is a GREAT coach, and an OK GM.

If another team's GM took a crap in Belicheat's mouth, I'm sure some of you would say, "What a genius! BB stole nutrition from that GM and gave up nothing. Why can't our GM get guys to crap in his mouth?"

Jimmy G had value. BB could have saved him, or traded him. We'll see how this trade works out. If Brady gets hurt, but only say for 4-5 games, and the Pats* lost those games and miss the playoffs, then it was a bad move. If they turn the draft pick into something special, and Brady lasts a while, perhaps it was a good move. But right now, it's just a trade.

I'm apparently one of the few who thought JG was going to be a very good QB...I'm super happy he's no longer with NE...Watch him him turn around the 49ers organisation in a couple of years

From the pats point of view, I agree with those who say their only goal is to win the SB...if Brady goes down this year, they're not winning it...with JG or anyone else....so it makes sense to get a 2nd rounder....

Edited by Iron Maiden

Making sense of the Jimmy Garoppolo stunner

Tom E. Curran

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/making-sense-new-england-patriots-san-francisco-49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-stunner

Brady wins. He is signed through 2019 at which point he'll be 42 years old. The Patriots almost certainly won't move on from him before then (I've been wrong before) and he will then have the luxury of deciding if he wants to continue past his 20th NFL season. At that point, Rob Gronkowski's and Julian Edelman's contracts will also be up. It has always seemed a likely time for a dismount.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Not that I would wish injury on a player, but I have to say, what if Brady gets hurt? There is no other QB on New England's roster, not on the 53 man roster, not on the practice squad, not on their injured reserve. They will need to sign a free agent off the street. It would serve Belichick right for trading his backup QB.

Pat's will bring Hoyer back

They don't need to ... by trading both of Brady's backups it must mean that the Brady clones are ready to play now.

In their next game a battered and bloody Brady will be carted to the locker room only to have a fresh and healthy Brady clone back on the field on the next possession.

They don't need to ... by trading both of Brady's backups it must mean that the Brady clones are ready to play now.

In their next game a battered and bloody Brady will be carted to the locker room only to have a fresh and healthy Brady clone back on the field on the next possession.

I think you've cracked the code!!!!