Patriots trade Jimmy Garoppolo to SF

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, no doubt, but the clamoring for Cousins is without merit. Great passing stats, losing record. He is not considered a leader by the team management or players. You will hear all sorts of excuses for his play, but the bottom line is that he just does not have it. The Redskins are moving on. Buyer beware.

They put the tag on him, and are paying him $24 million to stay. Yes, they must HATE him.

Seriously, maybe there should be a minimum intelligence test to post.

Only QB I would trade up with San Fran for is Rosen

I don't have Rosen as a can't-miss prospect. I'd take a proven NFL QB over him.

Agreed. Doesn't this mean they have to pay him 20m to keep him next year. Based on what.

Why? He's a FA, isn't he?

EDIT: Oh, do you mean if the tag him?

Edited by The Dean

The funny thing is execs are now rumored to say Patriots wont keep this pick either and likely will deal it for pass rush and they are also looking at Jarvis Landry

Trading the pick, for more picks, has always been Belicheat's style.

Trading the pick, for more picks, has always been Belicheat's style.

Not trading it for more picks but taking it for either Landry or Ansah is what is rumored on their radar.

So essentially it would be a Jimmy G for Jarvis Landry

With

They put the tag on him, and are paying him $24 million to stay. Yes, they must HATE him.

Seriously, maybe there should be a minimum intelligence test to post.

I am really surprised at the ignorance of this post. You should be ashamed. I live in Washington and follow this team. If the redskins truely believed in Cousins he would have been signed long term a while ago. Like lots of teams, the Bills included, they found themselves without other, better options. It is really not that hard to understand. And oh yeah, go f... yourself. Edited by MDFan

That is one long grudge

@movethesticks

Would love to know if Browns had any shot at Jimmy G. Some around the league believe BB wouldn't consider "helping" them at QB. Old feelings

The reported package was a 2nd and change according to Rap

With I am really surprised at the ignorance of this post. You should be ashamed. I live in Washington and follow this team. If the redskins truely believed in Cousins he would have been signed long term a while ago. Like lots of teams, the Bills included, they found themselves without other, better options. It is really not that hard to understand. And oh yeah, go f... yourself.

The Skins never liked Cousins. They were all in on RG3, Cousins was an afterthought and they won't admit their mistake in not appreciating him from the get go when RG3 flamed out. I'd hardly use Snyder's approach and attitude towards Cousins as validation that he's no good. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

My fear this year was Brady gets hurt and Jimmy wins a superbowl for the patriots and turns out to the be the next Brady for them.

This trade has disaster written all over it. Patriots just traded away their insurance policy if Brady gets hurt. If anything happens to Brady this turns into a horrible move for a second round pick.

Wow. Out of nowhere.

They must really think Brady can last another few years, or they don't think Garropolo is as good as everyone thinks he is.

He's thrown 94 passes in the NFL. Brady does that in less than 3 games. I think NE took advantage of a weak QB market and got a 2nd round pick for a complete question mark.

Edited by Gugny

That is one long grudge

@movethesticks

Would love to know if Browns had any shot at Jimmy G. Some around the league believe BB wouldn't consider "helping" them at QB. Old feelings

Christ, that’s petty. Technically, it’s not even the same franchise. He should be pissed at the Ravens.