Patriots trade Jimmy Garoppolo to SF

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With I am really surprised at the ignorance of this post. You should be ashamed. I live in Washington and follow this team. If the redskins truely believed in Cousins he would have been signed long term a while ago. Like lots of teams, the Bills included, they found themselves without other, better options. It is really not that hard to understand. And oh yeah, go f... yourself.

Where you live isn't relevent in today's world. If you think a QB isn't good, at all, and isn't a leader, you don't give him $24mil. There are LOTS of QBs who are no good, and can't lead, who come with a much lower price tag.

I'm not suggesting Cousin's is a top-tier QB. But he's a proven NFL starter. Not a bum.

Then again, Wasington's "brain trust" is pretty questionable. So there's that.

Edited by The Dean

Reportedly, Hoyer was going to be part of the trade but the 49ers just "released" him. Wonder if NE plans to sign him?

Other than that....they got no one, not even on the scout team. I looked.

NE doesn't need a QB for the scout team. Brady does it all!

Where you live isn't relevent in today's world. If you think a QB isn't good, at all, and isn't a leader, you don't give him $24mil. There are LOTS of QBs who are no good, and can't lead, who come with a much lower price tag.

I'm not suggesting Cousin's is a top-tier QB. But he's a proven NFL starter. Not a bum.

Then again, Wasington's "brain trust" is pretty questionable. So there's that.

You make absolutely no intelligent argument worth responding to, so there's that.

If they really wanted him they should have including him in deal.

Somebody up thread mentioned that was the original plan in the deal but NE declined because it would have impacted a comp pick qualification somehow.

Anyway, I was wrong because a vested veteran isnt subject to waiver wire rules if waived before the trade deadline so Hoyer is free to sign with whomever he chooses.

Edited by K-9

I love this. Marcia is about to hit a cliff and the Pats now have no plan B. Buffalo dominates the 2020's

Lol it just seemed funny seeing "Buffalo dominates the 2020's"...just because it would have been 30 years after the last time we were dominant.

Reportedly, Hoyer was going to be part of the trade but the 49ers just "released" him. Wonder if NE plans to sign him?

Other than that....they got no one, not even on the scout team. I looked.

OK, now that all starts to make sense. NE wanted him as the vet backup, but not at his current salary. I'd be surprised if NE doesn't sign Hoyer.

You make absolutely no intelligent argument worth responding to, so there's that.

Back at ya. Where you live gives you no special insight. Nor who you follow. There are die hard Bills fans, all local to WNY, who completely disagree on the merits of various players. So bring something more to the party than that, if you want to have an intelligent discussion.

Cousins will be a sought-after FA and will be paid a handsome sum to be someone's QB, next year. That, in an of itself, suggests he is a fairly decent NFL QB.

This is the Bill B scheme that's gone on for years. Every one thinks Jimmy G must be good - really good - because he's with the Patriots. Remember Mallet and Bledsoe?? It's a con - waiting for a desperate team.

I don't think people give JG enough credit...he was a top prospect coming out of school in 2014- breaking all of Tony Romo's records in college...only reason he lasted to the 2nd round was because he was from a small school. But imo he is the best QB the Pats have drafted since Brady.

Edited by JaCrispy

This trade has disaster written all over it. Patriots just traded away their insurance policy if Brady gets hurt. If anything happens to Brady this turns into a horrible move for a second round pick.

Spot on as insurance. Reality is that JG is an UFA in 2018. The Pats had no intention of using the franchise tag on him with Brady still active and he was going to leave to pursue a starting gig (SF, WASH, CLEV). The move gives the Pats a good draft pick and SF a 8 game tryout on JG to see if he really can be their long term answer at QB. If so, they work out a long term deal or franchise tag him and trade their top 3 draft pick for a big package of picks. If he sucks, they pick a QB in the draft.

But as you said, this is a very risk tolerant move by the Pats. If Brady goes down, Pats Nation will go insane.

Wow. Out of nowhere.

They must really think Brady can last another few years, or they don't think Garropolo is as good as everyone thinks he is.

This. They just landed a high pick in the second. The Pats will be players for their future qb this draft. Wait and see.

No he should hang out with his Pats* fans more often on their boards.

Hey look a call out post. And a very weak one at that

I actually dont think this trade necessarily rules out the niners drafting a qb still

Once he signs his extension it does

Very shrewd move by Hoodie and company. Guess they must truly believe Brady is playing until he's 45 and given Belichik's history with drafting QB's they'll probably get a guy better than Jimmy G with the 2nd round pick they got from San Fran anyway.

Good- more time to knock Brady around before he retires bwahahahahahah

Edited by JaCrispy

Do people realize that the Niners can franchise JG if they want. Not too mention they probably know what he wants for a long term deal and were comfortable with that. Now they dont have to take a QB with their high first round pick and can trade back with a team that wants a top QB and reaquire that second and more.

JG isnt going to risk injury or bad play to play out a year or two then maybe get a big deal in FA.

Jeez people, youre Patsaphobia is memorizing.

Edited by dubs

Do people realize that the Niners can franchise JG if they want. Not too mention they probably know what he wants for a long term deal and were comfortable with that. Now they dont have to take a QB with their high first round pick and can trade back with a team that wants a top QB and reaquire that second and more.

Jeez people, youre Patsaphobia is memorizing.

yes, that had all been discussed

I got through 4 pages and had enough of the Niners could have just had him in the off-season talk.

Would he have signed with them, as a FA?

Now they have the inside track, or can franchise him. Maybe still a bad move, but don't pretend like there isn't a benefit.

Edited by The Dean