Patriots trade Jimmy Garoppolo to SF

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the chances he goes to SF, plays out the year, and re-signs with NE in free agency? Is there a rule to prevent something like that?

No rule against it to my knowledge. That’s why we’re gonna re-sign Watkins.

Cousins is terrible.

He may not be top-level, but he is FAR from terrible. Coming out of college I had him as my best, mid-round QB. I hoped the Bills would take him. So far, he's produced quite well, in the NFL. A bit careless with the ball, for my tastes, though.

Whats Tebow doing?

:w00t:

How about Johnny Football!

He may not be top-level, but he is FAR from terrible. Coming out of college I had him as my best, mid-round QB. I hoped the Bills would take him. So far, he's produced quite well, in the NFL. A bit careless with the ball, for my tastes, though.

:w00t:

How about Johnny Football!

Good call... no, better call!

Tank job

@49erswebzone

#49ers sticking with rookie C.J. Beathard to start rest of 2017 season [Press Democrat]

Yeah their season is over, and dont rule out a high QB next year. They might be going all in on finding their franchise QB whatever it takes.

Jimmy G was gone in free agency so they had to get something. A high second round pick was a good deal for them.

That makes sense for the future yes,

but what about now ?

what is their plan for the next 8 - 12 games ?

I hate how overrated the back-up Pat QBs are. Wasn't Jimmy in the last year of his k, anyway?

Matt Cassell got rich off the Patriots QB gravy train. I see Garapalo being closer to Cassell than Tom Brady.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

If Im Garoppolo, why am I signing with them? He will make more money with teams bidding against each other and then pick his destination.

I really dont see the advantage of the 49ers giving up a second for him.

I agree, but why not keep Brissett(sp)? Who is the backup?

I think they really wanted Dorsett after Edelman got hurt and the Colts needed a QB so that trade made sense at the time. In retrospect I think you’re right and I suspect they wish they still,had him now.

Seriously, I don't think Jimmy G will be a first-rate QB in the NFL, outside of NE. But he's decent and has a chance to prove me wrong.

OTOH, NE has nobody. Whoever they sign, it will likely be a level or two down from Jimmy, if only for the reason he's coming to the system cold. NOW is the time for teams to go full on, to take Marcia Brady out of the game.

Bring it on!!!!

But no, the Bills can't get high picks for players. Meanwhile teams are throwing around 2nd round picks.

We got a second as well this year for a player.... in case you don't read much or follow the team closely. Google Sammy Watkins to the Rams. You may learn something :)

If Im Garoppolo, why am I signing with them? He will make more money with teams bidding against each other and then pick his destination.

The 49s have tags galore to keep him in San Fran for a few years IF they want to.

I really dont see the advantage of the 49ers giving up a second for him.