First time coming to Buffalo!!!

My fiancé surprised me with a trip to NYC, and tickets to this weeks game at the 50 yard line. This is a huge deal for me as I live in Oregon. Any tips for my first home game? I'm excited beyond belief!!! We are catching a flight from NYC to Buffalo at 6 AM Sunday morning.

GO BILLS!

As stated above, go right to the lots from the airport....stop at a gas station and pick up some brews, enjoy the atmosphere, just walk around.

If you want good people, look up Hammers Lot and have fun there. Otherwise just wander around holding your beer right in the box it comes in and soak in the scene man....it's like none other

(if someone offers to put you through a table, or have you put them through a table....DO IT!)

Edited by PaattMaann

My fiancé surprised me with a trip to NYC, and tickets to this weeks game at the 50 yard line. This is a huge deal for me as I live in Oregon. Any tips for my first home game? I'm excited beyond belief!!! We are catching a flight from NYC to Buffalo at 6 AM Sunday morning.

GO BILLS!

In

Oops, I meant to say, link?

Edited by BringBackFergy

You have a good woman. Some friends and I flew in last night from Seattle. there big Raiders fans and I had to travel to Oakland last year so it was only fair that they have to come here this year. 1st game at New Era haven't been back home for a few years looking forward to Sunday and a Bills win.

You won't need to worry too much about beer if a good TBD contingent is there, not food. You'll be fed and needed up.

Buy geae online. Cheaper. Easier. Will save time at the game. Team store is packed on game day and will take an hour.

Go to Hammers

Come join Tbd at Hammers. Sent you a pm.

You don’t need anything.

I might have 2 tickets for cost row 10 section 135

We can even drop you off at hotel after game. We hang for an hour or 2 after game. Jack may have 2 club seat available

You dont need anything.

We can even drop you off at hotel after game. We hang for an hour or 2 after game. Jack may have 2 club seat available

those are good seats!

You don’t need anything.

He already has tix on the Fitty

As stated above, go right to the lots from the airport....stop at a gas station and pick up some brews, enjoy the atmosphere, just walk around.

If you want good people, look up Hammers Lot and have fun there. Otherwise just wander around holding your beer right in the box it comes in and soak in the scene man....it's like none other

(if someone offers to put you through a table, or have you put them through a table....DO IT!)

You need to check out an LSU tailgate. I thought I knew what tailgating looked like until I saw an SEC tailgate.

Since you won't have a car for tailgating (I assume), do as others have said. Get beer and walk around to see all the tailgating. I'd also recommend checking out the field house. It's cool on game days and they have nice(er) bathrooms. If you've never been to a game, definitely get inside the stadium early (I recommend 11 or 1130) that way you can avoid the crowds at the gates and it'll give you ample time to walk around the stadium and see everything

GO BILLS!

No tips from an outsider, but you'll both have a great weekend, the people in Buffalo are outstanding.

My GF surprised me with a trip in 2000 and we returned with the fam for the Broncos a few weeks ago. Hope the two of you have great times together in the next 17 years...but without all the Bills losses!

BTW, like the screen name CAN'T TANK!!

Awesome man! Enjoy the trip!

Like others have said the best place to tailgate would prolly be hammers Lot because you will meet people you know from the site.

Take in the atmosphere man. Not many NFL cities like Buffalo.

Your girl sounds like a keeper !!

GO BILLS!

She's a keeper! Enjoy!

If you haven't already, I would start drinking now. If you ever really want to have a great time, it almost always occurs on the sixth day of an eight day binge.

I may have just woken my wife laughing at that, but she's a keeper too!

You don’t need anything. I might have 2 tickets for cost row 10 section 135 We can even drop you off at hotel after game. We hang for an hour or 2 after game. Jack may have 2 club seat available

THAT is a high level of service! Which tempts me to see if I can somehow... ;)

I'd love to get up there for a home game. That's been a while.

GO BILLS!

Awesome! Go straight to the tailgating...its a complete blast and one of the best pre-game experiences in the NFL...make sure you track down Pinto Ron and do a Cherry liquer bowling ball shot!

Edited by matter2003

You need to check out an LSU tailgate. I thought I knew what tailgating looked like until I saw an SEC tailgate.

That is on the list for my friends & I. We have been to Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St, Syracuse, Pitt(my friend went to school there), West Point(which was awesome, Ohio St., Clemson but we have never been to an SEC game/tailgate. We either wanted to do LSU, Ole Miss(I heard the groove is awesome) or Alabama/Auburn after Thanksgiving. We will get down there one of these years.

& to the OP, you will have a great time. Go to Hammers, get there early(before 8am) & you will have the time of your life.

Edited by Gordio

Or slide down the rails of the upper deck.

LankyIckyAcornweevil.gif

or get plastered, try to climb over a fence, and kill yourself.

edit: i can watch that video over and over. never gets old.

Edited by teef

Awesome! Go straight to the tailgating...its a complete blast and one of the best pre-game experiences in the NFL...make sure you track down Pinto Ron and do a Cherry liquer bowling ball shot!

Be sure your vaccinations are up to date first.

oh yea, I see the legendary LSU tailgaters on Barstool all the time - putting each other through tables, doing bowling ball shots, traveling around the country to opposing stadiums and causing a ruckus....OH WAIT NO I DONT

Stop it fool...how dare you speak about Bills tailgates and mention ANY OTHER IN THE LAND in the same breath (or in this case, within the same reply on an internet message board)

Sounds like you got a keeper too. My anniversary gift was the Denver game. While it may seem crazy to a non-local to start tailgating 5 hours before the game, it is an experience. No one is more welcoming than Bills fans at tailgate. The time flies and you go into the stadium hyped and with friends

I heard it snows a lot, better bring your winter boots!

well, I would highly recommend quality rain gear, after spending all that money do not want to be miserable. And you probably know, but cotton undergarments are NOT your friend, wool socks, waterproof boots, and a quality rain suit will go a long way if it is 45 and raining.

Having said that, I will join with Mead and say join us at Hammers. ZERO need for either food or beer or soft beverages, but if you are a spirits or wine guy I would bring those. We are having chicken soup through the day, I will be making a big pot of jamabayla at the lot, and will also be doing double-fried Korean wings if weather permits. You are more than welcome at all the TBD tailgates.

or get plastered, try to climb over a fence, and kill yourself.

edit: i can watch that video over and over. never gets old.

unfortunately it gets old for the guy he fell on. he's on disability now and can't turn his head so driving a car ever again is probably out of the question among other things in this life

I usually come back for a game each season. Last year was the 49ers and this year it will be the Pats game. Get there early to enjoy the atmosphere. You can always find friendly tailgators if you dont know anyone. Some friends on mine here are Broncos fans and went to Buffalo for the game. They didnt know anyone and some Bills fans took them into their tailgate.

He's arriving at 6 AM. Someone give him a good breakfast tip that is on the way to the stadium. They'll be hungry.

I'm a Northtowns guy, so I don't know where to go.

(I'd go to The Original Pancake House, Williamsville, but that is out of their way)