Crow Eaters Thread

Jasovon

So they get no credit for beating teams they are supposed to beat like the Jets. They get highly criticized whenever they lose like against Carolina. And they get no credit for upsetting an undefeated team that crushed the Cowboys last week and are expected to be a playoff team because they may be slightly overrated.

Got it. Carry on.

Oh boy...where did I dismiss them? I just don't think it's "eating crow" time.

It's nice to win.

calm down.

Edited by OJABBA

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The season ticket holders who sold their tickets should be the ones eating crow...

I go into every weekend believing we can win so no crow for me.

But it was very disappointing seeing all that orange in the stands. At one point when the Broncos defense was on the field, i could hear a DEFENSE chant from the crowd on my tv... Idk why, but that upset me...

Oh boy...where did I dismiss them? I just don't think it's "eating crow" time.

It's nice to win.

calm down.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this is eating crow for the season. Just for this game.

So far this season, Tyrod has earned the right to keep his starting job and he's also earning his way to not being the QB here next year.

I'll give credit where it's due - he did his job today. He's had better games, but for today, this is what the Bills needed. It was a great team win and he was a big part of it.

But he ain't the future.

Edited by Gugny

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this is eating crow for the season. Just for this game.

I guess I just don't see it as a "big win".

It's nice. Through this drought there have been wins like this each season. Last year in Week 3, they beat Arizona...

I mean, when you win 7, or 9 games, there usually a few home game wins like this. I don't take it as "a sign of big things to come".

Edited by OJABBA

I guess I just don't see it as a "big win".

It's nice. Through this drought there have been wins like this each season. Last year in Week 3, they beat Arizona...

I mean, when you win 7, or 9 games, there usually a few home game wins like this. I don't take it as "a sign of big things to come".

A team takes the season game-by-game. A fan eats crow game-by-game. IMO, of course.

I gave us no chance this week, had completely given up on Tyrod and thought our defense was a mirage.

I was wrong, chowing down on some crow and it never tasted so good.

I admit that I thought Tyrod would be ineffective again and we would lose. Happy I was wrong. The defense alone is something to be excited about. Gaines is a real player.

My thoughts on this team aren't much different than they were before the game. A couple of new thoughts:

-TT made plays all day. On an offense that lacks playmaking ability he is a playmaker.

- Hauschka is a welcome addition.

- DBs are talented but when the pass rush doesn't get there those 20 yard out will be open all day in this defense.

- The design of the running game sucks.

- Castillo is bad.

- Zay has the yips. He's like a golfer that lost his stroke. They should come out next week early and run a couple of easy rollouts to him. He needs his confidence.

- Game management was good. Great use of a challenge. I thought that they handled the clock well. McDermott has his team ready to play. They look organized and disciplined.

- The officiating was not very good and hurt the DBs specifically. They made a couple of plays and ended up with nonsense penalties.

- HC and defensive coaching is light years ahead of where we were a year ago.

- This team battles and never turns the ball over.

- We are a dropped pass from being 3-0. Can't complain too much

Agree with each point.

I will have no crow........I had this as a win......Bronocs aren't nearly as good as they played last week.

Zay is struggling and it's killing them because they put too much stock in his readiness.

Tyrod had his 4th consecutive very well played game as QB of the Bills.........he's clearly improved........a light seemed to come on in that Miami game and he hasn't had a bad day since.

I've been sold on the defense since the preseason.

If Watkins were still here they'd be 3-0 and the offense would look entirely more effective and efficient.

Still need to replace Watkins with a deep threat at least...........the all-22 will show utter disrespect for the Bills passing game.......people lamented 8 man fronts last week.......but this week there were ACTUAL 8 man fronts that the Bills were running head-long into.......Taylor could have easily had another 100-150 yards in the air......even with the ill matched WR group with some better play calling.

Mike Tolbert is basically Boobie Dixon at the beginning of 2015..........fan favorite while killing drives with his touches.

A lot of moves working out.......but the offense is a stud WR, a better #2 RB and some better play calling/design on offense from being a wildcard favorite.

Edited by #BADOL

Agree with each point.

I will have no crow........I had this as a win......Bronocs aren't nearly as good as they played last week.

Zay is struggling and it's killing them because they put too much stock in his readiness.

Tyrod had his 4th consecutive very well played game as QB of the Bills.........he's clearly improved........a light seemed to come on in that Miami game and he hasn't had a bad day since.

I've been sold on the defense since the preseason.

If Watkins were still here they'd be 3-0 and the offense would look entirely more effective and efficient.

Still need to replace Watkins with a deep threat at least...........the all-22 will show utter disrespect for the Bills passing game.......people lamented 8 man fronts last week.......but this week there were ACTUAL 8 man fronts that the Bills were running head-long into.......Taylor could have easily had another 100-150 yards in the air......even with the ill matched WR group with some better play calling.

Mike Tolbert is basically Boobie Dixon at the beginning of 2015..........fan favorite while killing drives with his touches.

A lot of moves working out.......but the offense is a stud WR, a better #2 RB and some better play calling/design on offense from being a wildcard favorite.

Agree with everything Kirby said and you said. The funny thing is, of course, on your last point, we had the first two and threw them away, and the third one the guy has already run that offense, ignored it in the first two games plus the first quarter of this game.

I gave us no chance this week, had completely given up on Tyrod and thought our defense was a mirage.

You can never give a team no shot. We stack up as average to slightly below. Some weeks we will win convincingly others we will look bad. Same with every team. Ours likely skews a little worse than others though. But not drastically.

Having that good day against a wild card contender is big for us though.

Edited by NoSaint

You can never give a team no shot. We stack up as average to slightly below. Some weeks we will win convincingly others we will look bad. Same with every team. Ours likely skews a little worse than others though. But not drastically.

Exactly. The funny thing about that is that the difference in a lot of those games are a few plays and the most important of those few plays are turnovers and we have a guy who doesn't make many. But people seem to hate that. The difference in today's game was Trevor made two horrendous decisions and throws that became INTs, and Taylor didn't make any.

I can understand the first 2 points but what did you see throughout the preseason and first 2 games that would have made you thought the defense was a mirage? NOBODY has scored many points on us in ANY of those 6 games with their first string units...do you need to see all 16 games before you realize they are just as good as the unit Schwartz coached??

Edited by matter2003

Yeah, but most of them will disappear until the Bills next loss, then they'll be back to proclaim how smart, handsome, and correct they really are.

Yup we're scared to get called out by super fans like Koko.

This was an excellent win. Probably the best one since the Packers at home in 2014.

Stood toe to toe with a proven defense and made plays on them.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

I changed my Pick'em last minute and was almost certain we were going down a "Roman part 2" type offensive collapse and ready to throw Peterman in there

--

I'll eat crow in two places:

-Criticizing Beane (thought we were surely headed for a tank..)

-Blaming Taylor for Dennison's horrible calls

My criticism at least thus far directed at TT should have been more directed at Dennison.

Proud of the direction our team is headed specifically the defense and McDermott - although he needs to learn how to call time outs!

Edited by Strethor

I had us winning this game all offseason until this morning. Really pleased with how we played.

So happy the defense is nearly always in position. Tackling is good, cornerbacks are playing like they've been together years. Defense and special teams coaching is way ahead of where they should be this early on.

Going into the game I saw a decent Denver offense going against a very good Bills defense.

I expected the Bills offense to be stifled by the Denver D. 26 points? Really??

I didn't predict a final score, but I expected something in the 17-6 range, with Denver sealing the win by tiring out the Bills defense in the 4th.

Look back at the last pass of the Carolina game, and we're six inches away from being 3-0.

I'm shocked.

The professional Tyrod haters seem to have quieted down. I'll give it two days before they say he sucks again.

I still can't stomach it.

How can someone like MajBobby be on here full force after a loss just ripping the QB to shreds, but after a win like today, he's silent. It's so backwards it offends the mind.

The season ticket holders who sold their tickets should be the ones eating crow...

I go into every weekend believing we can win so no crow for me.

But it was very disappointing seeing all that orange in the stands. At one point when the Broncos defense was on the field, i could hear a DEFENSE chant from the crowd on my tv... Idk why, but that upset me...

There were LOTs of Denver fans in my section (329), but they were quiet as church-mice

Until the Miller penalty, and then a lot of em were swearing and then just left

My thoughts on this team aren't much different than they were before the game. A couple of new thoughts:

-TT made plays all day. On an offense that lacks playmaking ability he is a playmaker.

- Hauschka is a welcome addition.

- DBs are talented but when the pass rush doesn't get there those 20 yard out will be open all day in this defense.

- The design of the running game sucks.

- Castillo is bad.

- Zay has the yips. He's like a golfer that lost his stroke. They should come out next week early and run a couple of easy rollouts to him. He needs his confidence.

- Game management was good. Great use of a challenge. I thought that they handled the clock well. McDermott has his team ready to play. They look organized and disciplined.

- The officiating was not very good and hurt the DBs specifically. They made a couple of plays and ended up with nonsense penalties.

- HC and defensive coaching is light years ahead of where we were a year ago.

- This team battles and never turns the ball over.

- We are a dropped pass from being 3-0. Can't complain too much

All this is 100% right....

I still think TT sucks and I thought the D was legit after game 1. But aril think they're a sub 8 win team with TT. The run game has been shut down and TT can't and won't win games by himself.

Okay I was with you until,you started. The run game was of course shut down and Tyrod did win, against a top rated 2-0 team.

The professional Tyrod haters seem to have quieted down. I'll give it two days before they say he sucks again.

Why would they complain after a victory? Then people call you a moaner. Don't worry, Tyrod is gonna **** the bed again.

Most people have figured out that Tyrod is a talented guy, who can win some games. They just have also figured out that it's highly unlikely that Tyrod will take any team to the Promised Land.

I saw some better playcalls but TT is still VERY inconsistent at being a dropback pocket passer. Mixing play action and getting Taylor to the outside worked some. This looked like a typical game from him to me. That drive at the end of the first half was fantastic also.

The defense was legit to me. I like the philosophy of making teams chunk it down the field because a lot of teams struggle with that.

I see a plan that can work, but that doesn't have its talent yet.