Crow Eaters Thread

Jasovon

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are, perhaps, thinking of my friend The Senator, who predicts 19-0 every year. I'm typically cautiously optimistic (at least willing to give a new regime a chance before trashing them). But this year, I figured the Bills would win 4-5 games. Even if you are going back 10 years, you will not find any post where I predict a 18-1 (or anything close). I'm pretty sure I haven't predicted more than 10 wins in ANY season in the past 10 years. Find a 18-1 (or similar) prediction from me, and I will gladly admit my mistake, and give you credit. But I can already tell you, you are mistaken. I believe you have me confused with someone else.

nope, I remember you as being the optimist to shoot down the poopoo'ers quickly because you did it to me many times.

haha I know it wasn't the dean. It was the senator.

But the dean was always on board after a win. Stojan, ice, JSP were the ones who brought back the joy of the win to remind us. The dean was always steadfast dry to say we won, so stop crying kind of schtick and be upbeat.

Very true...

and yeah, you guys are right, the Senator.

POS-LUSZ-NEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

nope, I remember you as being the optimist to shoot down the poopoo'ers quickly because you did it to me many times.

You specifically suggested I predicted an 18-1 season. So you should be eating some crow, as you realized I did not, nor ever have.

I often stepped in during trashing of a particular player, or coach, to suggest reason. And, BTW, I did that in some very overly positive threads, as well as negative. Of course, there have been far more negative threads in the past 10 years, so that probably influences your recollection.

I will usually take the "reasonable" position, as most of the trashing (or on occasion, the homerism) as I believe in looking at the complete picture.

BTW, The Senator is not doing well, health wise. He has beaten cancer, but still has some issues. Keep him in your thoughts.

You specifically suggested I predicted an 18-1 season. So you should be eating some crow, as you realized I did not, nor ever have.

I often stepped in during trashing of a particular player, or coach, to suggest reason. And, BTW, I did that in some very overly positive threads, as well as negative. Of course, there have been far more negative threads in the past 10 years, so that probably influences your recollection.

I will usually take the "reasonable" position, as most of the trashing (or on occasion, the homerism) as I believe in looking at the complete picture.

BTW, The Senator is not doing well, health wise. He has beaten cancer, but still has some issues. Keep him in your thoughts.

I didn't mean to suggest you did think 18-1, just looking for the old time nonsense here of when we all looked for the best every time before 17 years!

Send him out regards, we miss him. He remains undefeated in the fight that matters

Damn. I hope my attrition guess didn't come off sounding ignorant and jaded... and I wish I would have been right. Wishing him the best. His optimism is missed.

Damn. I hope my attrition guess didn't come off sounding ignorant and jaded... and I wish I would have been right. Wishing him the best. His optimism is missed.

Noted. But I blame him every year, for predicting 19-0. Every Bills failure is HIS fault, IMO. :lol:

Edited by The Dean

My thoughts on this team aren't much different than they were before the game. A couple of new thoughts:

-TT made plays all day. On an offense that lacks playmaking ability he is a playmaker.

- Hauschka is a welcome addition.

- DBs are talented but when the pass rush doesn't get there those 20 yard out will be open all day in this defense.

- The design of the running game sucks.

- Castillo is bad.

- Zay has the yips. He's like a golfer that lost his stroke. They should come out next week early and run a couple of easy rollouts to him. He needs his confidence.

- Game management was good. Great use of a challenge. I thought that they handled the clock well. McDermott has his team ready to play. They look organized and disciplined.

- The officiating was not very good and hurt the DBs specifically. They made a couple of plays and ended up with nonsense penalties.

- HC and defensive coaching is light years ahead of where we were a year ago.

- This team battles and never turns the ball over.

- We are a dropped pass from being 3-0. Can't complain too much

Edited by Kirby Jackson

My thoughts on this team aren't much different than they were before the game. A couple of new thoughts:

-TT made plays all day. On an offense that lacks playmaking ability he is a playmaker.

- DBs are talented but when the pass rush doesn't get there those 20 yard out will be open all day in this defense.

- Castillo is bad.

- Zay has the yips. He's like a golfer that lost his stroke. They should come out next week early and run a couple of easy rollouts to him. He needs his confidence.

- Game management was good. Great use of a challenge. I thought that they handled the clock well. McDermott has his team ready to play. They look organized and disciplined.

- The officiating was not very good and hurt the DBs specifically. They made a couple of plays and ended up with nonsense penalties.

I have to agree with just about all of this.

The design of the running game is pretty bad, IMO.

I hate the "soft zone" pass defense, but this team is actually making it work. Still, bend/don't break always scares the crap out of me.

- Castillo is bad.

- We are a dropped pass from being 3-0. Can't complain too much

Good post. This is a running team. It's the design or lack of for the running game that concerns me most. We might lack explosive recievers, but a running game should never be this bad with an elite back.

Actually I picked the bills to win, im not a tt fan but we have seen him time

to time be adequate enough to win, however defense once again was the star.

Lets see some consistency, which no one can say he has had up to this point.

Games like this: vs Balt, vs Indy.... again lets see what happens.

Crow on a Stick for me

with Ranch dressing

I was glad to see that the offense wasn't just shady. More players got involved. There was more movement for TT and some play action as well.

D-line did just fine without MD. That was a pleasant surprise. O-line could have used CG, that's for sure.

Good post. This is a running team. It's the design or lack of for the running game that concerns me most. We might lack explosive recievers, but a running game should never be this bad with an elite back.

IT shouldn't but... Denver did stop the best RB in the league last year who also happen to have had the best oline in the league last year.

IT shouldn't but... Denver did stop the best RB in the league last year who also happen to have had the best oline in the league last year.

Yea in the same way I am waiting on next week before getting excited about things I am waiting on next week before panicking about the run game. We just played two stout defensive fronts. The run defenses we play do ease up as the season goes on.

I was actually going to pick the Bills in the TBD Pick 'em pool and, at the eleventh hour, just couldn't pull the trigger. Definitely thought they could win but ultimately thought they would lose a close one, mostly due to the absence of Cordy Glenn. Crow is for those who gave this team no chance or thought they would get annihilated and not even be in the game. Not eating any crow here. I also picked Jacksonville then changed it before kickoff. Lesson? Stick with your first instinct. Two losses that would've been wins.

The Bills are kind of a middle of the pack team, playing at home against a slightly overrated middle of the pack team (The Broncos are the 3rd best team in their own division). It's not a big surprise that they won.

So they get no credit for beating teams they are supposed to beat like the Jets. They get highly criticized whenever they lose like against Carolina. And they get no credit for upsetting an undefeated team that crushed the Cowboys last week and are expected to be a playoff team because they may be slightly overrated.

Got it. Carry on.