Anyone else get pissed when Michael's disrespected Buffalo?

JerseyBills

After TD Mike had that 3 solid runs in the 2nd quarter, he praised him heavily, saying he reminded him of Bell on one run..

Then talked him coming from Buffalo, where he said

" I think NE has better players from Buffalo than Buffalo does."

Gills ended up with 13 carries for 20 yards after the 16 yarder and 9 yard run. Totaling 15 for 45 yards. Impressive 3 goal line Tds, but it was clear he can't sustain production late in the game , wasn't a number 1 back here and don't see that changing...

Gilmore looked very average at best. Hogan had 25 total yards ,1 reception and 3 carries.

Just a very ignorant comment and very disrespectful.

Funny thing is,our O is perfectly built to beat that SOFT run D ,we can do them like KC did them, we're very similar personnel wise. Nickovich and possibly Hightower gone. Long and Sheard gone. All that $ to Gilmore has left NE with terrible depth in that front 7 and a leadership void. We can really end up whooping that D.

Edit- Al Michael's, not Jim Nantz,apologies

Really? Are you going to take your ball and go home? I'm assuming you've never made a joke at the expense of someone else. This was harmless, accurate until we prove it wrong, and honestly, quite funny. Is this what we've gotten to, feeling completely disrespected with a little bit of joking around?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it was most definitely Collinsworth's bum a**. You can't mistaken that weasel voice anywhere. I can care less about our garbage players that they have, but what really irked me was how he would praise each (Pats) player like they were godly or something. The LT clearly held Dee Ford while he ripped inside on a passrush move, and Collinsworth praised him. He also praised the RT with his job on Houston, but Houston dropped back in coverage just about every play to rock any WR coming over on a crossing pattern. The dude is a straight bum! Can't stand him as a commentator.

It was michaels, so clearly you can mistake the voice.

No, it was most definitely Collinsworth's bum a**. You can't mistaken that weasel voice anywhere. I can care less about our garbage players that they have, but what really irked me was how he would praise each (Pats) player like they were godly or something. The LT clearly held Dee Ford while he ripped inside on a passrush move, and Collinsworth praised him. He also praised the RT with his job on Houston, but Houston dropped back in coverage just about every play to rock any WR coming over on a crossing pattern. The dude is a straight bum! Can't stand him as a commentator.

sounded like Michaels to me.

Yeah when collinsworth praised the tackle for a perfect block and he had his arms wrapped around the guy was pretty bad. Stuff like that happens a lot with collinsworth.

The joke about the bills didn't bother me. Sticks and stones I guess

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Yeah when collinsworth praised the tackle for a perfect block and he had his arms wrapped around the guy was pretty bad. Stuff like that happens a lot with collinsworth.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/07/al-michaels-teases-bills-sometimes-think-patriots-better-buffalo-players-buffalo/

That's because it was michaels

Michaels went for the cheap laugh. When you're a fan of a team that's been ****ty for almost two decades you need to have a thick skin. He definitely shouldn't have said it (and it's not true) but it's hardly something to be irate about.

I laughed. Not sure how after all this time Bills fans stil get mad at this stuff.

It was Michael's who said it.

Then he compared Gills to Leveon Bell...

Absolutely, I know the board thinks I'm nuts but I truly believe we earn it this year, this team is all business, has the right leadership and right guys for the scheme

I believe the Bills earn it this year too.

Go Bills!

No, it was Michaels.

It was michaels, so clearly you can mistake the voice.

Maybe I secretly wished it was Collinsworth lol. Still can't stand that man, and now Michaels has joined that list as well.

The Bills have been a poorly managed franchise for 17 years, so he was speaking the truth. Whaley made a lot of mistakes during his tenure as GM and it cost the team either good players being signed away or a very poorly written contract for a problem child [Dareus] with no stipulations on misconduct.

How can you honestly say it is not far off base? The Pats have three Bills. Hogan, Gillislee and Gilmore. Hogan would be #3 or #4 at best, Gilislee is surely a backup to Shady, and then there is Gilmore who is better than our starters but may or may not be worth the money.

Hogan, Gilislee and Gilmore are better than Shady, Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Clay, Matthews, Tyrod, Hughes, Kyle, Dareus, Hyde, etc? Really? It was a gratuitous, ridiculous thing to say, and something beneath a decent guy like Michaels.

I interpreted the comments in a different way. My takeaway is that the same players playing for a far worse team and then playing for a much better team are better players on the good team.

Even if the interpretation was as most are saying here that these players were better than the Buffalo players, so what? The Bills organization doesn't have a reputation as being very astute so it is not surprising that many of the transactions they make are not early on going to be given the benefit of the doubt.

From Buffalo's perspective each of the player transactions that Buffalo made were reasonable and defensible. And also, each of the transactions made sense for New England.

In my view Collingsworth and Michaels may be the best broadcasting tandem in the game. Michaels is getting older and isn't what he once was but he is still very good.

It was just a stupid thing to say. I imagine that he wishes he didn't say it. It's just dumb

But Michaels has been very good at what he does for a long time. He's getting old. I'm giving him a break.

Yep.

Michaels went for the cheap laugh. When you're a fan of a team that's been ****ty for almost two decades you need to have a thick skin. He definitely shouldn't have said it (and it's not true) but it's hardly something to be irate about.

And Yep.

Sad to say - but I feel like the rest of the league looks at Buffalo like the way we used to look at Cincinnati - kind of a laughing stock - factory of sadness - been losing too long back to back - Bills are going to get these kinds of cheap shots. Fans should expect more of them until this team proves it is good again.

It was a dumb comment and wrong. None of those players were better last night than they were in Buffalo. They look the same as they always have, decent to average. Have people forgotten the Patriots are just a football team? They don't have the fountain of youth in their locker room. Couldn't be happier watching them fall apart after that stupid comment was made. I hope McDermott heard and uses it to light a fire under their ass.

Why are you mad, you know its true. Hogan, Gillislee, Brant, Gilmore it's such a joke and look what replaced them on OUR roster. This is why the Bills suck.

Well, if we're going to talk about last night Gillislee had 3 yards per carry and three TDs on short yardage runs that most backs could have scored on. Gilmore got burned a couple times. Hogan had one catch. And Branch was part of a D line that got lit up.

On our roster we have receivers like Joens and Holmes, we have Worth and Washington on the D line as backups, we have Tolbert and Banyard to make 1-2 yard runs, and a first round pick at CB for Gilmore. I think I'll see how they do before getting all hysterical about who is better and worse off.

How is losing MG defensible?

It was a clear !@#$ up of the tender or undervaluing a very good role player.

They just have Eric Wood $8 mil per and McCoy an extra $2 mil(for no !@#$ing reason) but they couldn't bring back this very good role back?

Tolbert would have scored every one of his TDs last night. We replaced his role with a much cheaper option.

After TD Mike had that 3 solid runs in the 2nd quarter, he praised him heavily, saying he reminded him of Bell on one run..

Hopefully that will, as Cog said about Polian's remarks, "put a little sh** in their grits" in the RB, WR, and DB rooms

Gills ended up with 13 carries for 20 yards after the 16 yarder and 9 yard run. Totaling 15 for 45 yards. Impressive 3 goal line Tds, but it was clear he can't sustain production late in the game , wasn't a number 1 back here and don't see that changing...

Gilmore looked very average at best. Hogan had 25 total yards ,1 reception and 3 carries.

Funny thing is,our O is perfectly built to beat that SOFT run D ,we can do them like KC did them, we're very similar personnel wise. Nickovich and possibly Hightower gone. Long and Sheard gone. All that $ to Gilmore has left NE with terrible depth in that front 7 and a leadership void. We can really end up whooping that D.

They ran against the Pats because they the Pats had to respect the Chiefs passing game. The Pats will not respect ours.

They just have Eric Wood $8 mil per and McCoy an extra $2 mil(for no !@#$ing reason) but they couldn't bring back this very good role back?

As for the comment, I didn't give a ****. He was half joking and we suck every year so how can you get mad?

I would have preferred keeping him here. But if the team felt that it didn't want too spend so much for a backup then you can't say that their position was unreasonable. Just because you disagree with a transaction that doesn't mean that there isn't some merit to the opposing view.

I found it funnier that he said it, (along with many on social media) and then they really didn't do much of anything and got spanked by the Chiefs. Aside from MG scoring 3 times from a spot most teams score from, what else did he or the other 2 do to help them? Gilmore looked grossly overpaid, MG ran for a total of 45 yards, and Hogan had pretty pedestrian stays for someone in his second season with the great QB who makes average WRs look amazing.

I'm sure the Bills are really going to miss those stats so much as the carry the Pats singlehandedly to a perfect season and another championship

First, take a deep breath.

Gillislee is a good backup running back. That's all he is, and backup running backs are truly a dime a dozen.

We essentially traded Gillislee for Matt Milano. Not only is Milano cheaper with more years on his contract but we have no idea how he'll develop and what he'll become.

It wasn't entirely accurate about NE, but it wasn't necessarily untrue about the Bills, and the Bills have earned every bit of disrespect they get around the league.

Anyway you cut it, the reality is that the Bills have regularly shed their best talent through either FA or one-sided trades for almost two decades ... the entire length of the playoff drought. The Bills are never going to make the playoffs until that "process" stops. Name any other NFL team that has traded away an All Pro LT and an All Pro RB in their primes within 4 years. How many top DBs, RBs, and WRs have the Bills developed that they let walk after their rookie contracts ... and then had to replace with either first or second round draft picks or JAG FA they pretend are "just as good" as blue chippers who left?

The Bills have been a poorly managed franchise for 17 years, so he was speaking the truth. Whaley made a lot of mistakes during his tenure as GM and it cost the team either good players being signed away or a very poorly written contract for a problem child [Dareus] with no stipulations on misconduct.

Exactly, it wasn't a serious comment. It was really just to state how much the Pats have dominated the division and the Bills, and that the Pats add insult to injury when they pluck good players from their division opponents - Gilmore was a good starter, Gillislee and Hogan weren't necessarily starters but were good contributors that the Bills found on the cheap, and Branch was good for DL rotation. Losing these players left a void at CB that had to be addressed in the draft, and worse talent for depth. The Bills put themselves in position to loose all of these players because of the foolish contracts they gave out to Dareus, Glenn and Clay that have them too close to the cap to pay guys like Gillislee and Hogan modest increases in salary, and put them in position to not take the additional year option on Watkins and eventually trade him, lose Gilmore and Woods. They've been hamstrung by their own mismanagement of the cap going all in to make the playoffs with Rex.

Rex couldn't coach his way to the Playoffs if you gave him the best roster in football, given how the league has passed him and his twin brother's defense by, The Bills talented, but flawed roster during Rex's tenure wasn't quite good enough to overcome an incompetent defensive scheme despite getting surprisingly good offensive coaching. It's just a testament to how epicly bad Rex was during his tenure with the Bills - not surprising really, but very frustrating for us fans who saw it coming. I really don't think he deserved year two to be honest, and I think the only thing keeping him afloat was the offense.

Now we are watching them hit the reset button. Sure things could go well with a lot of talented vets on the team, but having huge question marks in the Secondary and at WR in a passing league doesn't exactly scream playoffs to anyone. The way I see the season playing out is this: I don't think we will get the same level of Offensive coaching that we've had the past two seasons, and we are going to be frustrated with the Offense, while seeing a pretty decent improvement in the defensive performance.

i was much more annoyed about how the narrative changed at the beginning of the 4th quarter from collinsworth riding the pats D*** the whole time to him making excuses for the defense just becuz hightower went down. good lord it was all he talked about.

dude...... injuries happen. get over it. basically all we heard about the whole 4th quarter from the booth was how the defense was giving up 42 points becuz of one freaking LB going down. it was ridiculous. it couldn't just be becuz brady played like crap and the defense was getting gashed. nope. they were getting beat becuz a linebacker went down. good lord.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

i was much more annoyed about how the narrative changed at the beginning of the 4th quarter from collinsworth riding the pats D*** the whole time to him making excuses for the defense just becuz hightower went down. good lord it was all he talked about.

dude...... injuries happen. get over it. basically all we heard about the whole 4th quarter from the booth was how the defense was giving up 42 points becuz of one freaking LB going down. it was ridiculous.

hahaha..yup!

Also don't forget how the narrative changed to "this Chiefs team has been good, they shouldn't be overlooked, they belong, etc etc"; nobody was saying that 2hrs prior to the game. All of the experts were to busy wiping Brady's butt sweat off their face.

Who?

Gillisille would've been making what? 2 mill this year at the 2nd round tender? We just gave McCoy 2 million for no reason.

This!

Well, this is simply untrue. They did not hand McCoy 2 million. According to the reports they included incentives that, if reached, could get him 2.5 million.

If you cannot make comments without resorting to deliberate falsehoods perhaps you shouldn't post.