is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

@mikerodak

31 other teams passed on a player with a minimum-salary contract.

Like I said. There has to be something up with this situation. Drug suspension or conduct issue or something. Karlos Williams part II

@sigmundbloom

McDermott indicated that Williams lost out in BUF bc of special teams, that may keep him on street until RB injuries strike

That sounds like a cop out.

Like Shady plays special teams? If a guy is a solid talent ST won't be a deal breaker in making a team.

There has to be something more to it and McD is using it to keep the reason in house.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get the emphasis on special teams - I mean, a lot of games are won or lost through good/bad ST play - but maybe this is getting a bit ridiculous, given that it's also a partial justification for signing the hideous Joe Webb?

looks like other teams also expect their depth players to be able to play ST

Like I said. There has to be something up with this situation. Drug suspension or conduct issue or something. Karlos Williams part II

Like Shady plays special teams? If a guy is a solid talent ST won't be a deal breaker in making a team.

There has to be something more to it and McD is using it to keep the reason in house.

i don't get the comparison. Starters aren't expected to play ST. Depth players are.

Not the same with Shady being a starter who'll get the majority of carries. Williams will land on his feet with a job at some point.

I get the emphasis on special teams - I mean, a lot of games are won or lost through good/bad ST play - but maybe this is getting a bit ridiculous, given that it's also a partial justification for signing the hideous Joe Webb?

ST well until Danny Crossman gets McBeaned I have little confidence in the unit. How is that loser still coaching the Bills?

It's easy to fathom- much like WR there are a about 1,000 guys that are pretty similar once you get past the top half of the crop. Come this crossroad in preseason many teams go with the guy they know and the guy that knows their system and fit the scheme. The body types and skill sets aren't quite as rare as some positions though

That said, you can still let the wrong one go when choosing between two.

I'm sure it's been posted on the neverending "J WILL CUT" thread, but he always struck me as a bit slow, and the numbers reflect that. 4.33 40 time for Taiwan pre-draft (yup, that was a while ago), 4.46 for Banyard (same), 4. 59 for JW. So again, I get the special teams thing, and particularly the need for speed on ST. But I also get that the need for fast RBs backing up Shady is amplified when 2 positions are already taken up by the plodding DiMarco and Tolbert. That's still the thing that bothers me - signing both of them.

I'm sure it's been posted on the neverending "J WILL CUT" thread, but he always struck me as a bit slow, and the numbers reflect that. 4.33 40 time for Taiwan pre-draft (yup, that was a while ago), 4.46 for Banyard (same), 4. 59 for JW. So again, I get the special teams thing, and particularly the need for speed on ST. But I also get that the need for fast RBs backing up Shady is amplified when 2 positions are already taken up by the plodding DiMarco and Tolbert. That's still the thing that bothers me - signing both of them.

Dimarco is a pure FB. Tolbert is a bulldozer. Taiwan jones is the fast guy.

Weird. Must be a suspension coming.

That's what i am hearing from a couple different people...just random folks, no inside sources or inside knowledge

You keep saying that word...I do no think it means what you think it means...

Never go against McBeane when death is on the line..trust the process

Edited by plenzmd1

Although McD was understandably very guarded in what he said today, I liked that he said that JW "did everything we asked him to."

This did make me wonder though - what DID they ask him to do?

I ask b/c if he didn't contribute on special teams, did they ever ask him to play special teams??

If not, whose fault is it he didn't?

Did he play ST, and he was just bad at it?

Anyone with a clue.

And anyone with a clue knows Shady missed the biggest home game of the year.....the NE game........and was too hurt to play the week before in Miami and had to be pulled after a woeful performance due to hamstring pain that knocked him out of the game the week before.

He basically missed two of the of the 3 or 4 most important games on the entire schedule.

Losing both of those killed their tie breakers and flipped their position with Miami.

But MG played well in both.......just too bad the superstar wasn't available. :thumbsup:

He's a year older so it's probably safe to roll with a less secure net now though. :flirt: