is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am surprised by the Willams move but it would appear Banyard beat him out. Just watched game 4 and they both looked pretty good so factors like blocking probably made the difference.

Regardless, just because they didn't hold onto one backup RB over another does not equate to some nefarious desire to remove all traces of the previous administration, or that they are trying to throw the season away, or that egos are flying. Nor does trading a backup CB or a third string LB. It means you have a HC and GM doing their jobs trying to build a long term winner and to also be competitive today, as they have said since day 1.

The two things I don't get are the Sammy trade and how Ducasse still occupies a roster spot. Other than those it is just NFL business as usual near as I can tell.

ST play as well.

I just went into WTF mode. Seriously WTF are these guys thinking. Williams was doing very well and did not have the fumble problems of Banyard or the lack of talent like Taiwan. And dumping Hodges who is obviously better than the scrub UDFA they just picked up. There better be something behind the scenes we don't know about or my lack of trust for these clowns just got bigger.

Edited by BillsRdue

Dareus and Hughes are next.

Everything Whaley did was AWFUL... apparently.

These new guys are sooooo much smarter.(sarcasm)

Per Spotrac... Dareus "Dead Cap" 2017 = $38.6 Million, 2018 = $22.2 Million, 2019 = $7.8 Million

I don't think Dareus is going anywhere for the next 2 seasons (2017-18) The amount of "Dead Cap" space the Bills would have to eat, make it pretty much a certainty that Dareus remains on the team these next 2 years.

Edited by DefenseWins

Now I'm just not understanding this new regime.

Starting to think someone has a bad case of Chip Kellyitis.

Yes, McCoy must be cringing!

Heck let's blow whole thing up going to be rough year anyways. Trade McCoy, Kyle Williams before age hits them. They don't need years of suck and they need a Superbowl. Heck others as well.

Fire HC and GM too and start over, wait we did that. Oh NO its Ground Hog Day still 17 years later!!!!!

After the first preseason game I remember a reporter asked McDermott about how good he looked and McDermott said something like "we'll have to look at the tape, see how he did in pass blocking." That's what he values in his backup RBs, pass blocking. And I'm guessing this will be a more pass heavy offense than people expect.

Guess again

I am surprised by the Willams move but it would appear Banyard beat him out. Just watched game 4 and they both looked pretty good so factors like blocking probably made the difference.

Regardless, just because they didn't hold onto one backup RB over another does not equate to some nefarious desire to remove all traces of the previous administration, or that they are trying to throw the season away, or that egos are flying. Nor does trading a backup CB or a third string LB. It means you have a HC and GM doing their jobs trying to build a long term winner and to also be competitive today, as they have said since day 1.

The two things I don't get are the Sammy trade and how Ducasse still occupies a roster spot. Other than those it is just NFL business as usual near as I can tell.

OK, then what do you understand?

No matter how hard I try I just can't get worried about any of this. If the process works then great. If it fails, nothing new. At least we'll have a bunch of high draft picks to rebuild with.

Just remember, there's a deeper wisdom here, and it comes from the guys who figured out that it starts with one.

Interesting embedded interview with JWill from SJF:

@leoroth

Bills cut Jonathan Williams amid moves. If u say u have GM Beane figured out, your nose is growing https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2017/09/03/bills-add-three-players-cut-jonathan-williams-gerald-hodges-philly-brown/629907001/

If only the government could purge as good as Beane does.

He did read a book written on the subject by Stalin according to rumors.

yes

from a guy on an NFL roster to the stupid squad. I doubt he would wanna

Did Williams not have a decent preseason? I thought he looked pretty good and made me feel more comfortable about letting TD Mike go. This organization is on some bullsh*t right now.

agree

Yeah anyone with a 3.5 YPC in this day and age is pretty bad...

Sigh. I never thought anything would get me back here, but...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TolbMi00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BanyJo00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneTa00.htm

Edited by Lurker

I'm glad to see the Bills finally getting serious about shedding the roster of all these Williams.

No matter how hard I try I just can't get worried about any of this. If the process works then great. If it fails, nothing new. At least we'll have a bunch of high draft picks to rebuild with.

Just remember, there's a deeper wisdom here, and it comes from the guys who figured out that it starts with one.

Yeah, but we might miss out on the excitement of going 9-7 and not mathematically eliminated from the playoff race until week 16.