is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Jets have officially been put on notice: you're not going to waltz right into that #1 pick.

true

Williams looked exceptional in the preseason this is a crazy move that i simply don't get.

bad bad move

Why would they replace a productive backup that makes peanuts? Doesn't make any sense. They want to trade Shady and get that big contract off the books. That makes sense. Not trading his backup

I agree, this makes no sense, Banyard or Tolbert would but they need all the backs. I could see if they signed someone else's running back they would prefer. Next we will hear they signed CJ Spiller, good grief this team is dysfunctional..

Sal Capaccio Verified account @SalSports 8m8 minutes ago

More

I don't think Tolbert will be No. 2 RB. I think it's Banyard. That's why they gave him 14 carries Thur night, to get a good look at him

This move is all about Tolbert both J Williams ans Banyard are cheaper and younger halfbacks as options but a certain former Carolina coach promised a certain Carolina RB that 3rd down stuff.

This move is all about Tolbert both J Williams ans Banyard are cheaper and younger halfbacks as options but a certain former Carolina coach promised a certain Carolina RB that 3rd down stuff.

The Carolina Greenhorn boys know what's best. The 31 year old RB can teach the rest of the team what it's all about because it's not about talented players it's about team dammit! Now earn the right to win. :rolleyes:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I am surprised by the Willams move but it would appear Banyard beat him out. Just watched game 4 and they both looked pretty good so factors like blocking probably made the difference.

Regardless, just because they didn't hold onto one backup RB over another does not equate to some nefarious desire to remove all traces of the previous administration, or that they are trying to throw the season away, or that egos are flying. Nor does trading a backup CB or a third string LB. It means you have a HC and GM doing their jobs trying to build a long term winner and to also be competitive today, as they have said since day 1.

The two things I don't get are the Sammy trade and how Ducasse still occupies a roster spot. Other than those it is just NFL business as usual near as I can tell.

For the win:

YardsPerPass‏ @YardsPerPass 5m5 minutes ago

Brandon Beane is like that new girlfriend that goes through your house throwing out everything that your ex ever got for you

Hahah yup. Internet won for today

Williams looked exceptional in the preseason this is a crazy move that i simply don't get.

Exactly. Who would want to come play for this team right now when we're treating our players like this? Even as a Bills fan if I were a player there's no way i'm coming here.