is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

I'm not so much mad that they cut J. Williams. Just really surprised by how this offseason has turned out. What was once hopeful has turned into down right misery. Beane is clearly betting on himself. As I said earlier, if he doesn't get it right it could really set this franchise back for almost a decade.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He looked fine, but just that. They didn't exactly cut Thurman Thomas or even Kenneth Davis. Good Lord, so many think they cut the next Bills' starter.

The fact they cut a young, cheap, promising 2nd year player that looks like he busted his ass and played well in the offseason to keep a 31 year old RB because essentially was promised that in March

Is what people are pissed about.

So they can stop with the Earn it crap

Not really. If Banyard does a good job, it's totally defensible.

Not if Tolbert continues down his trash aging path

Some of you need to stop acting like Jonathan Williams was the next Thurman. If you want change, you have to go through some tough times. Not sitting here saying Beane and McDermott are geniuses but we need to give them the benefit of building the team in their image, which doesn't happen overnight.

Expecting them to take over and win with someone else's roster is insane. Especially when we haven't made the playoffs in 17 years. We had to do something different, fans clamored for change, and now that we've got change people are crying about it. You gotta be kidding me with all this outrage over an easily replaceable, backup running back.

And yet worse backs on the roster.

I'm not so much mad that they cut J. Williams. Just really surprised by how this offseason has turned out. What was once hopeful has turned into down right misery. Beane is clearly betting on himself. As I said earlier, if he doesn't get it right it could really set this franchise back for almost a decade.

Decade that's funny

The fact they cut a young, cheap, promising 2nd year player that looks like he busted his ass and played well in the offseason to keep a 31 year old RB because essentially was promised that in March

Is what people are pissed about.

So they can stop with the Earn it crap

Not if Tolbert continues down his trash aging path

And yet worse backs on the roster.

What if he's capped out and not at all "promising?" What if he's a bad teammate, misses assignments, hasn't grown as a player? Would you thoughts mature?

I'm getting a Darcy Regier flashback., There's going to be some suffering first.

What if he's capped out and not at all "promising?" What if he's a bad teammate, misses assignments, hasn't grown as a player? Would you thoughts mature?

And yet NOTHING you posted is accurate.

He bought into the system worked his tail off and had a great offseason.

Lost his job to a 31 year old HB because the coach told him he would be the third down back in March.

You know the same coach that wants to shove his earn it mantra to the players. Well guess what McD falls on deaf ears and is not changing a culture that same culture of taking care of your own has been in Buffalo for years.

Some of you need to stop acting like Jonathan Williams was the next Thurman. If you want change, you have to go through some tough times. Not sitting here saying Beane and McDermott are geniuses but we need to give them the benefit of building the team in their image, which doesn't happen overnight.

Expecting them to take over and win with someone else's roster is insane. Especially when we haven't made the playoffs in 17 years. We had to do something different, fans clamored for change, and now that we've got change people are crying about it. You gotta be kidding me with all this outrage over an easily replaceable, backup running back.

Bills fans are funny. We let a highly productive back go to a division rival and most of the board doesn't care. We cut a JAG who's done nothing and the plane is crashing into the mountain. At least this place is entertaining.

There is a Huge difference in paying 4M avv for a BU RB vs paying a BU RB that is young a 5th round rookie deal. But yet have a 31 year old RB promised his spot in March

Sad some just cant see that.

Bills fans are funny. We let a highly productive back go to a division rival and most of the board doesn't care. We cut a JAG who's done nothing and the plane is crashing into the mountain. At least this place is entertaining.

I think part of the concern is that is seems that the roster approach is to get rid of anyone that was here before, regardless of what they offer. Apparently nobody fit into this system and that's a bit hard to believe.