Who do you think will be a surprise cut on saturday?

This is the one battle that's killing me. Ducasse is literally terrible and John Miller has pro bowl potential. How is this even a thing? It's like having Jordan mills battle cordy glenn for the LT spot. Get that bum outta here!

haha. i honestly have no idea. like you said, to even entertain the idea makes no sense.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Miller just as much as the next guy, but he ain't PB material.

Not saying he's a sure thing for the pro bowl, but he's 24 years old and:

"In 2016, John Miller started all 16 games for the Buffalo Bills and proved to be a reliable starter on the line. He played 1,047 snaps on offense and only allowed 4 sacks all season long. He also gets bragging rights for helping lead the way for the No. 1 rushing attack in the NFL.

Miller’s 77.8 grade given to him by PFF was good for 29th in the league among guards and brought a balance of pass blocking and run blocking — 76.2 pass-block grade and 80.1 run-block grade. Those numbers are courtesy of Ryan Talbot."

But we don't want talent on this roster. Miller has to battle it out with Vlad Suckasse

Did I say Miller was 24?

Not saying he's a sure thing for the pro bowl, but he's 24 years old and:

"In 2016, [/size]John Miller started all 16 games for the [/size]Buffalo Bills and proved to be a reliable starter on the line. He played 1,047 snaps on offense and only allowed 4 sacks all season long. He also gets bragging rights for helping lead the way for the No. 1 rushing attack in the NFL.[/size]

Miller’s 77.8 grade given to him by PFF was good for 29th in the league among guards and brought a balance of pass blocking and run blocking — 76.2 pass-block grade and 80.1 run-block grade. Those numbers are courtesy of Ryan Talbot."

But we don't want talent on this roster. Miller has to battle it out with Vlad SuckasseDid I say Miller was 24?

ya but u dont want young players when u build for the future right

BIG SURPRISE:

Andre Holmes

SMALL SURPRISE:

Seantrel Henderson

Adolphus Washington

Vlad Ducasse

Ryan Davis

I like Davis

ya he hasnt done anything, adolph would be a big surprise imo. He just started last game after dareus

but he plays half speed

I really hope Brandon Reilly - WR makes the 53 !Could be a younger Edelman/Hogan ! Surprise addition !!

He might even be a younger Largent, Stallworth, Chrebet, Proehl, Amendola, Welker, Beasley, Collinsworth, Stokley, Nelson, Jurevicius, McCaffrey, Alworth, Hutson, Biletnikoff or Berry.

BIG SURPRISE:

Andre Holmes

SMALL SURPRISE:

Seantrel Henderson

Adolphus Washington

Vlad Ducasse

Ryan Davis

I agree with this.

I don't believe there is any chance Alexander gets cut, he has looked great to me. I have been wrong before though.

I think they make sure to get that 3rd round comp pick before though. Davis, Ducasse, and Holmes can easily be replaced or resigned after cut day.

I don't think they will be any big surprises initially, but have a feeling we'll pick up 3-4 players once cuts are made and there could be a surprise change then

I agree with this too. I think they add 2 WRs, a DE, and potentially a OG. Then cut Ducasse, Holmes, and Davis.

Peterman.

McDermott and Beane announce they are going to beat the Jets without a QB.

"It's not about getting the best players, it's about building the best team for our vision as a contender in the long term. Trust the process!!"

(Seriously, I love McBeane and think they're doing fine.)

We'll probably cut that 2019 4th round pick just to prove that NOBODY is safe.

Love that! Midseason form with that answer.

Anyone Whaley drafted or put on the roster is fair game to get cut. Anyone. Take your pick

Edited by norton20

This Miller and Vlad thing I simply have no understanding of.

It feels like it has to be mandatory in Buffalo to have a bad OL, no matter what regime it is.

This RG situation makes me physically ill.

Miller can fill the void for the next 8 years, but but but........... this OL has to remain bad for some reason.😡

Nice topic and good timing for it. I don't see 53 NFL caliber players so I'm not sure what constitutes a surprise. Miller is a good NFL player and Ducasse stinks (let's hope that they can figure that out).

If we are looking for a surprise I will say Logan Thomas. I think most of us expect him to make the team but they may go to the waiver wire to fill out the TE group.

Yea, I think this hits the nail pretty squarely on the head

He plays a fine guard as well. Would be a surprise Dragon

I agree it would be surprise, but not out of the question.

I have not been at the practices but my understanding is he has not taken any snaps other than center.

I would favor him as the top backup for either guard position and center. I would start him over Ducasse but not Miller.

But I would not be shocked if he is traded.

He might even be a younger Largent, Stallworth, Chrebet, Proehl, Amendola, Welker, Beasley, Collinsworth, Stokley, Nelson, Jurevicius, McCaffrey, Alworth, Hutson, Biletnikoff or Berry.

He could only be half the player that Nelson was. Wait a second... you're probably talking about Jordy, aren't you? Never mind. Carry on.

I Doubt the cuts will end Saturday ,with that many players being cut all at once i think teams in general will be adding and subtracting for days if not weeks. surprise cut for me is adolphius washington

I think the GMs, coaches, players and agents may provide some negative feedback on this change. Could be a free-for-all like undrafted free agents after the draft but the difference is just over a week before the start of the regular season. For example, a talented older veteran O-lineman gets cut, but he has little experience with zone blocking. It may not make sense for the Bills to add him at this point. Yes, it's the same as if they were part of the last cut in prior years but if most cuts start Friday, we could be talking about over a thousand players let go on the same day.