JP Losman sighting

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What you want to do is throw a 60 yard bomb. If your guy isn't open down the field, just skip it off the turf on the 5 yard cross."

Seriously though, he was a cool dude who embraced the city of Buffalo. His bombs to Lee Evans were fun to watch.

He came down here for a surf, headed to Bells. I surf the other side of the bay so was unlikely to see him in the lineup. Had mates from Torquay that I was telling to look out for the Bills QB...

He came down here for a surf, headed to Bells. I surf the other side of the bay so was unlikely to see him in the lineup. Had mates from Torquay that I was telling to look out for the Bills QB...

This sounds really cool but makes no sense to me. I must be getting old...

Is this some place in Ireland? I'm confused.

"What you want to do is throw a 60 yard bomb. If your guy isn't open down the field, just skip it off the turf on the 5 yard cross."

Seriously though, he was a cool dude who embraced the city of Buffalo. His bombs to Lee Evans were fun to watch.

JP and crew used to regularly come in to a joint where I worked on Elmwood for sunday brunch in the summertime.

Super chill, soft spoken and down to earth guy.

Great guy. I took care of him at the Ghostbar in Vegas in his 3rd year. He loved the city and it seemed like he was really a genuine guy. Too bad he couldn't figure out how to play QB in the NFL.

34 fumbles...

my memory is of him panic running out the back of the endzone for the easy safety when the rush was almost there

and then running for his life before seeing Evans way downfield a few times

My feelings of Losman and Manuel are the same. They tried their best both on and off the field. They respected the city and the franchise. It's not their fault we were too stupid to draft them.

There was an article about Dareus and his coaches after the one about Losman. I must say that it was very encouraging. It sounds like Marcel is getting the discipline that (imo) he strongly needs to play up to his potential in this league.

I don't think that Marcel had much of a chance to reach his peak with Rex due to the easy ship he ran, not to mention the stupid defense he employed.

I remember the comparisons of being in the mold of Jim Kelly and Brett Favre when we drafted him..and then he turned out to be a surfer dude from Cali who never was truly passionate about football. To this day I still wonder where those comparisons origiated from :huh:

JP and crew used to regularly come in to a joint where I worked on Elmwood for sunday brunch in the summertime.

Super chill, soft spoken and down to earth guy.

I liked JP as well. Unfortunately all the traits you described seemingly never belong to successful QB's. The best QB's are usually the opposite of the guy you just described.

My feelings of Losman and Manuel are the same. They tried their best both on and off the field. They respected the city and the franchise. It's not their fault we were too stupid to draft them.

Yup. Place the blame were it belongs for those guys: front office.

"No way Bells is bigger than Waimea, bro."

This sounds really cool but makes no sense to me. I must be getting old...

Is this some place in Ireland? I'm confused.

Just watch Point Break (the original from '91). All will be revealed.

Edited by Buffalo86

Yup. Place the blame were it belongs for those guys: front office.

If I remember correctly, his first game day snaps for the Bills came when Mularkey threw him into the last part of a a Patriots* beatdown, when all was lost. The Pats* tee'd up to bring him down, and I could argue he never recovered.

If I remember correctly, his first game day snaps for the Bills came when Mularkey threw him into the last part of a a Patriots* beatdown, when all was lost. The Pats* tee'd up to bring him down, and I could argue he never recovered.

Getting his leg broken by Troy Vincent in training camp probably wasn't a great developmental tool, either.

`

Bells was the first -- and only -- place I've ever surfed. An undertow Maynard would be proud of.

it's not his personality, he didn't have the skills.

lots of non-Type A personalities are in the Hall of Fame.

I think it's both, but more personality than skills.

He is a very smart guy who is interested in a lot of different things. I don't think he ever had the burning passion for football that it takes to succeed at this level. There is a difference between "loving your job" and being willing to pretty much forsake everything else for 15-20 years while you devote everything you have into your job.

I think if he had a Manning/Brady level of focus he could have been somewhere between Andy Dalton and Phillip Rivers. Just my opinion.

Edited by TheFunPolice

i can give you 10,000,000 Uncle Rico's with an a-type personality and they aren't winning in the NFL.

some of the greats have a nonchalant personality, even despite the grueling life sacrifices made to even get to NFL training camp.

even in the NFL you have those who aren't over the top A-types.

I liked JP as well. Unfortunately all the traits you described seemingly never belong to successful QB's. The best QB's are usually the opposite of the guy you just described.

Well to be fair, dude was eating waffles, not facing third-and-long from his own 10.

i can give you 10,000,000 Uncle Rico's with an a-type personality and they aren't winning in the NFL.

some of the greats have a nonchalant personality, even despite the grueling life sacrifices made to even get to NFL training camp.

even in the NFL you have those who aren't over the top A-types.

It's not so much the Type A part but the burning desire for football to be the be all and end all of your existence I was talking about.

Okay, you win, you have to be A-type to be good to play football....

Those "spectrummy" types never stand a chance...

(don't tell Eli Manning he doesn't stand a chance...)

your definition of type-A may be the problem here.... it's not about screaming how you are going to murder anyway who gets in your way...

He and Paul Gaustad battled for eco-champion of the city for a few years.

We saw Goose trudging through a frozen lot at The Ralph one time, lugging a handle of Smirnoff, which he proudly pumped in the air when we gave him the "GOOOOOOSE!!!" call.

I remember the comparisons of being in the mold of Jim Kelly and Brett Favre when we drafted him..and then he turned out to be a surfer dude from Cali who never was truly passionate about football. To this day I still wonder where those comparisons origiated from :huh:

..go back and re-read the draft pundits in 2004...he was pegged as the "heir apparent gunslinger" to Brett Farve at #23 for the Pack...so Tom Terrific leap frogs the Pack via trades and takes 'em..... .......guy had crap coaching and ended up in starter role prematurely as DonoHOLE tried to save his sorry and egotistical azz....yet another chapter in OBD Lore....nauseating............