JP Losman sighting

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked JP as well. Unfortunately all the traits you described seemingly never belong to successful QB's. The best QB's are usually the opposite of the guy you just described.

I wouldn't go that far. There has to be a time you get revved up on the field but many of the best are simply nice dudes in their day to day. Too many fans think having a massive ego and a variety of social issues off the field is some sort of indication that the guy has "swagger" on the field.

I wouldn't go that far. There has to be a time you get revved up on the field but many of the best are simply nice dudes in their day to day. Too many fans think having a massive ego and a variety of social issues off the field is some sort of indication that the guy has "swagger" on the field.

I'm not saying there aren't nice guys who play football. I'm just saying that most Hall of Fame QB's have a streak of arrogance. Marino,Elway,Brady, etc all come across as type A personality guys. None of them come across as mild mannered "nice" guys. I'm not saying they aren't "good" guys, but especially as younger men they were all quite pompous. Brady still is. Alex Smith is a mild mannered type guy, but he certainly isn't a Hall of Famer. In fact when he was drafted some scouts worried about his personality. Those just aren't the type of guys who become great QB's.

I thought Losman had all the tools and put in tremendous effort. He just wasn't quite up to the NFL level mentally. It's surprising beecause you would think that if a guy has the physical ability and works hard he would have a great chance to make it but no. Who knows why. I can't hate on him.

I thought Losman had all the tools and put in tremendous effort. He just wasn't quite up to the NFL level mentally. It's surprising beecause you would think that if a guy has the physical ability and works hard he would have a great chance to make it but no. Who knows why. I can't hate on him.

One of the knocks on Losman was that he didn't put as much effort into being a great quarterback as he could've. He just didn't have that kind of drive to be great. Tremendous effort= Brady, Peyton, etc.

One of the knocks on Losman was that he didn't put as much effort into being a great quarterback as he could've. He just didn't have that kind of drive to be great. Tremendous effort= Brady, Peyton, etc.

Are you sure that you're not conflating Losman with Rob Johnson? My recollection is that Losman worked pretty hard.

A guy who worked to NCAA success. And an NFL draft pick in the first. And we rag on him? Few of us could wish to be half as successful as him through just high school

Getting his leg broken by Troy Vincent in training camp probably wasn't a great developmental tool, either.

troy Vincent is and always will be a little B word for that play and I'd gladly tell that to his face.

Are you sure that you're not conflating Losman with Rob Johnson? My recollection is that Losman worked pretty hard.

No I know a few people in real life that knew Losman and I've seen similar stories posted on here over the years that JP made it well known that football was just his job and he would rather be doing other things in his down time. I guess he didn't even really like to talk about football much. Still a decent guy though as far as a human being.

I know it's hard but if you want to land a franchise QB you gotta find the guys who eat, sleep, and breathe playing ball that hate losing more than they enjoy winning

well just spoil the mood Bill..go ahead

:) Not on purpose lol.

I remember that game. It was in the bag! Losman threw some great passes but could not kill the clock with a first down or 2 and win the football game.

I was never a fan of Losman; I always thought he was horrible. Seriously, from day 1.

But again, I thought RJ was going to be not good but GREAT!!! :)

For the record, I think that the second string quarterback on the University of Alabama Crimson Tide is going to be a superstar. I am talking about a modern day Kenny Stabler but as I readily admit, I could be wrong.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) Not on purpose lol.

I remember that game. It was in the bag! Losman threw some great passes but could not kill the clock with a first down or 2 and win the football game.

I was never a fan of Losman; I always thought he was horrible. Seriously, from day 1.

But again, I thought RJ was going to be not good but GREAT!!! :)

For the record, I think that the second string quarterback on the University of Alabama Crimson Tide is going to be a superstar. I am talking about a modern day Kenny Stabler but as I readily admit, I could be wrong.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup: