What are your top 5 tv shows of all time ?

As a derivative of the what to watch thread, what is everyone's top 5 series of all time ?

I've got

1. Mad Men. (Although less divorced Betty, More Roger Sterling would have been solid)

2. The Wire. (I have a Jameson's or 3 in Baltimore for Mcnulty and Bunk often)

3. Justified ( Boyd Crowder, Wynn Duffy, Mags Bennett best Villains in the game, https://www.google.com/amp/uproxx.com/tv/from-crowe-to-crowder-the-definitive-ranking-of-justified-villains/amp)

4. Curb your Enthusiasm (Larry and Leon forever)

5. Fargo. (Two separate seasons, nothing but intrigue)

Others receiving votes --- Game of Thrones, Friday Night Lights, The Sopranos, True Detective, Pillars of the Earth

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What no Narcos?

Narcos season 1 = meh

Narcos season 2 = hot fire.

Needs more sample size to enter. I do love that song though.

In no particular order:

The Office

West Wing

Breaking Bad

Rescue Me

Seinfeld

Rescue me would make my top 10 for sure. Leary rules.

Breaking Bad

The Office

Band of Brothers (miniseries)

Entourage

Parks and Rec

Honorable Mentions: Daredevil, Better Call Saul, Cheers.

I'm probably missing a series or two. Having cut the cord on cable a few years ago im kind of stuck with what's on Netflix and Amazon.

1, Eureka, I just loved that show

2. M*A*S*H. Even now I occasionally watch an episode and I rarely watch TV

3. The Twighlight Zone

4. Taxi

5. Star Trek ... but which show I like best depends on mood

Honorable mention Battlestar Galactica (2005) - it got a little lost toward end of season 3 because they were unsure if it would be renewed; another show I like Babylon 5 had same issue.

1. The Office

2. Breaking Bad

3. Parks and Rec

4. Better Call Saul

5. House of Cards

that was harder than I thought it would be

Favorite office character? Stanley and Joyce do it for me. Always have a real life Stanley and Joyce in any large company

Ron Swanson the god.

Favorite office character? Stanley and Joyce do it for me. Always have a real life Stanley and Joyce in any large company

Ron Swanson the god.

Man that's so hard to pick. I'm unreasonably in love with Pam but Jim and Dwight make the show IMO. Michael is a legendary character but the interactions and relationship between Dwight and Jim was absolute perfection in my eyes.

Soap

Cheers

The Office

Rescue Me

The Job (loosely a prelude to Rescue Me)

Honorable Mention:

Charlie's Angels (loved Farrah)

Wonder Woman (Linda Carter, enough said)

Hogans Heroes

Mash

No particular order:

Cheers

Seinfeld

The Office

The Bob Newhart Show

Mary Tyler Moore

Others that could easily make my list:

Taxi

St. Elsewhere

Criminal Minds

Everybody Loves Raymond

Family Guy

Edited by Gugny

1. Mad Men (yes the BEST things in life are freeeee)

2. 24

3. Star Trek (original series)

4. The Twilight Zone

5. House of Cards

Honorable mentions to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Louie

Lately been watching Legion which is really freakin cool and different from other super hero stuff, Taboo and People of Earth

I find it tough to compare comedy and drama so I'll cheat and do them separately:

Sopranos

Mad Men

Breaking Bad

House of Cards

Downton Abbey

South Park

Seinfeld

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Beavis & Butthead

Simpsons Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour (pre-PC era)

Edited by KD in CA

1. Cheers

2. WKRP in Cincinnati

3. Breaking Bad

4. SOAP

5. Taxi

Honorable mentions: The Bob Newhart Show, Newhart, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Get Smart, Hogan's Heros, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Police Squad, Better Call Saul, Justified, it's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Arrested Development, Sports Night, The Wire, Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, Family Ties, The Honeymooners, Remington Steele, early Moonlighting, early The Cosby Show, early M*A*S*H, early Nothern Exposure, & The Munsters.

& Dexter should be on the list as well. That & My Name is Earl.

& The Americans.

& Gotham.

& Looney Tunes & The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show.

Seinfeld (George cracks me up)

The Office (Michael!!)

Happy Days (Heyyyyyyyyy)

Breaking Bad (watching it for the third time now.)

Gold Rush (Todd needs to get some "frickin" gold)

Honorable Mention:

Morton Downey Jr. show

Bowling for Dollars

Looney Tunes

Fantasy Island

Monk

Matlock (the guy was undefeated)

Bonanza

The Rifleman

I tried watching everything on the OP's list and never made it past a few episodes.

My list.

1) Game of Thrones

2) Battlestar Galactica (recent)

3) Everwood

4) Southpark

5) Buffy the Vampire Slayer

HM)West Wing - to test just how far I've changed since my College days.

Edited by unbillievable

The Strain

Prison Break (and its coming back in April :w00t::w00t: )

Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul

12 Monkeys

honorable mention: Fargo, Vikings, Pawn Stars, Gotham, Blacklist, Blindspot, Rogue, Falling Skies, Grimm, Oak Island, Americans, Sleepy Hollow, American Ninja Warrior, Homeland, the Killings,

Rubicon- was the super brainiac version of 24, had to watch every minute of it or you would miss something, no multi-tasking on the computer here. SOOOO pissed they cancelled it after one season, its downfall was it had NO action and relied too much on brain power. If they show just a touch of action it would have one of the best ever. Still mad about it :angry::angry:

New Shows: Incorporated, Legion, Colony, Taboo, Shades of Blue, Bette and Joan

As a derivative of the what to watch thread, what is everyone's top 5 series of all time ?

I've got

1. Mad Men. (Although less divorced Betty, More Roger Sterling would have been solid)
2. The Wire. (I have a Jameson's or 3 in Baltimore for Mcnulty and Bunk often)
3. Justified ( Boyd Crowder, Wynn Duffy, Mags Bennett best Villains in the game, https://www.google.com/amp/uproxx.com/tv/from-crowe-to-crowder-the-definitive-ranking-of-justified-villains/amp)
4. Curb your Enthusiasm (Larry and Leon forever)
5. Fargo. (Two separate seasons, nothing but intrigue)

Others receiving votes --- Game of Thrones, Friday Night Lights, The Sopranos, True Detective, Pillars of the Earth

never heard of the wire

1. True Detective (season 1)
2. The Sopranos
3. Breaking Bad
4. Game of Thrones
5. The Wire

True detective season one was fantastic, totally ruined season two, how did they screw up a good show ??

1. Mad Men (yes the BEST things in life are freeeee)
2. 24
3. Star Trek (original series)
4. The Twilight Zone
5. House of Cards

Honorable mentions to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Louie

Lately been watching Legion which is really freakin cool and different from other super hero stuff, Taboo and People of Earth

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can't believe there is not one mention of The Walking Dead. I just couldn't get into the whole zombie thing but it seems popular.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love it! I don't know how they can keep it this cool for multiple seasons but that show kicks ass. Taboo rocks too.

Incorporated is cool too, a lot of good ideas though I feel like it has potential to be even better than its been so far. The guy's doctor wife is a fox.

24 is legendary, I can't bring myself to watch the new one for some reason. You may like Mad Men. Shockingly good storytelling and characters that breathe.

Seinfeld

Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead

Cheers

Yes, three (four) of those are recent/current shows, but that's because TV has gotten so much better. Seinfeld is still relevant today, if you can allow yourself to forget about cell phones and the internet. Cheers was just amazing back in the day.

1. Cheers

2. WKRP in Cincinnati

3. Breaking Bad

4. SOAP

5. Taxi

Honorable mentions: The Bob Newhart Show, Newhart, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Get Smart, Hogan's Heros, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Police Squad, Better Call Saul, Justified, it's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Arrested Development, Sports Night, The Wire, Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, Family Ties, The Honeymooners, Remington Steele, early Moonlighting, early The Cosby Show, early M*A*S*H, early Nothern Exposure, & The Munsters. & Dexter should be on the list as well. That & My Name is Earl.& The Americans.& Gotham.& Looney Tunes & The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show.

Dexter had a great run but the final season was doo doo.

I tried watching everything on the OP's list and never made it past a few episodes.

My list.

1) Game of Thrones

2) Battlestar Galactica (recent)

3) Everwood

4) Southpark

5) Buffy the Vampire Slayer

HM)West Wing - to test just how far I've changed since my College days.

What in tarnation ? Couldn't get down with Mad Men or Justified but Buffy the Vampire Slayer does it for you ?

Different strokes for different folks.

The Wire

Fargo

Battlestar Galactica

Peaky Blinders

Deadwood

I just made it to Tommy Shelbys wedding in peaky blinders. It's getting good.

Al Swerigen in deadwood is a hall of famer for sure.

Surprised Scrubs took so long to make an appearance. Love that Earl got some mentions. I'll throw Psych in the mix.

Psych has always been underappreciated IMO. Especially when it was running, it never got the hype it deserved. Really good show.