Rex's house hits the market

papazoid

Hit piece?

I can see the complaint about it.

From the article:

Ousted by the Bills, he no longer needs to have a home near Buffalow.

but it is near the badly battered city of Buffalo,

the first, I can't imagine is a typo and the second is unnecessary.

I wonder what the average income of Orchard Park would be if you excluded all the Bill's players. I'm sure still very high compared to the surrounding area, but wouldn't be surprised if it dropped $30 to $40k.

I suppose if you're looking in the area and decide that Mario's house at $3.X mil is too steep could always "settle" for this one!

"Exclusive neighborhood" strikes me as wording that may violate fair housing guidelines/laws.

I'm sure if you can come up with the $1.1m they don't care who is coming in. Are you saying it is a race thing? Especially since 90% of the Bills roster is black

I can hear the tour now... buyer "what's that god awful smell"

Agent "It's the stench of failure"

Buyer "Have the rugs already been steam cleaned? Does it come out?"

Agent "And this was robs room"

Buyer "Just threw up in my mouth"

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

I wonder what the average income of Orchard Park would be if you excluded all the Bill's players. I'm sure still very high compared to the surrounding area, but wouldn't be surprised if it dropped $30 to $40k.

I suppose if you're looking in the area and decide that Mario's house at $3.X mil is too steep could always "settle" for this one!

I doubt it would fluctuate that much. I don't think that many Bills actually live in OP. Mario Williams technically lived in East Aurora, for example. There are lots of very wealthy people that live in OP that are not high profile, but make millions too. I remember growing up in OP and we had a crazy mix of people from all income levels in school. I had friends who lived way out on Cole Road that were farmers that were pretty dirt poor and I had friends with dads that were banking and steel execs.

30,000 people with an average income of 150k is going to drop to 30-40k if you take out a few dozen (if that) millionaires?

30,000 people with an average income of 150k is going to drop to 30-40k if you take out a few dozen (if that) millionaires?

30k people =7k families

7k families at 150k/yr= 1,050,000,000 or slightly over a billion dollars

lets say the total income for the Bills families living in OP = 100 million...that raises the total income 10%

-so figure a 10% drop in total income if the Bills packed up and left OP..

-the 150k would drop to about 135k--mas o menos

-of course i could be wrong on the amt of bills living in OP and their total income there.

-if it is just 50 mil then the average income in OP would drop to maybe 142K

Edited by Tcali

500k for a house these days is nothing in many places. That is like a starter home now.

500k in the Bay area would get you a shoebox near the highway in gangbanger territory. If I could transplant my job to WNY, I'd happily move back. I monitor the news and seems like things are turning around back there.

I think Rex's house was in Architectural Digest, I bet they put some good money into it. I agree with a previous poster- 500k would get you all the house you need in WNY. It would be better to buy a second property in FL or a ski cabin/condo rather than go higher.

500k in the Bay area would get you a shoebox near the highway in gangbanger territory. If I could transplant my job to WNY, I'd happily move back. I monitor the news and seems like things are turning around back there.

I think Rex's house was in Architectural Digest, I bet they put some good money into it. I agree with a previous poster- 500k would get you all the house you need in WNY. It would be better to buy a second property in FL or a ski cabin/condo rather than go higher.

The house would have to be in the central valley. Nothing here in SF is near that price

And evident of the reality that so many have chosen to forget it.

Yes but it's a city where the worst times are potentially behind it. I know a lot of former Buffalonians love to tell themselves the narrative that the area is dead, but it isn't true. If you want to say you left for better taxes,weather, etc that is fine. However, it's slowly becoming an wives tale that the economic grass is greener on the other side. People with skills and education can succeed in most fields in WNY just as much as they can elsewhere. People without either will struggle just as much elsewhere as they would in WNY. The golden age of finding greener pastures is over.

Yes but it's a city where the worst times are potentially behind it. I know a lot of former Buffalonians love to tell themselves the narrative that the area is dead, but it isn't true. If you want to say you left for better taxes,weather, etc that is fine. However, it's slowly becoming an wives tale that the economic grass is greener on the other side. People with skills and education can succeed in most fields in WNY just as much as they can elsewhere. People without either will struggle just as much elsewhere as they would in WNY. The golden age of finding greener pastures is over.

Tis true, once the manufacturing went away quite a bit of city was left to decay. The turn has been made and Buffalo is in the upswing of it's next evolute

Tis true, once the manufacturing went away quite a bit of city was left to decay. The turn has been made and Buffalo is in the upswing of it's next evolute

I agree, I think the city hit rock bottom in the early to mid eighties and was kind of stuck in that rut and stagnation through most of the nineties. Other cities boomed and skylines exploded upwards while Buffalo seemed to tear down more than it built. There is a lot of private and public investment going on now, people putting their own money into infrastructure and projects and getting returns. it just feels like momentum has turned and is sustainable. Even manufacturing is returning with Solar City/Tesla. It's not all great- the east side is not exactly along on the reinasance ride. Taxes are still prohibitive for business. Compared to many other areas, buffalo is doing well. Just need the Bills to catch up now!