Tyrod to remain starter

What a Tuel

The crowd that insists that playing Cardale with him not ready will cause him some irreversible psychological damage cracks me up.

Is he rushing in to diffuse a nuclear power plant meltdown or flying an F16 solo for the first time?

Holy crap he may not make it out alive!!!

Let him or EJ play for Petes sake. It's against the freaking Browns.

But no Bozo has to try to pad the record to save face like its the super bowl. *PUKES*!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he's still playing because the Bills are still mathematically alive. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I was able to get the NY Times playoff calculator to show the Bills in the playoffs. It has the Broncos, Ravens, and Dolphins falling apart for this to happen. That part's OK. The part that I have trouble with is it requires Buffalo to win the last three games. Not happening.

Actually, given their QB situation and schedule, the Broncos and Dolphins may well fall apart and not win another game. The Bills SHOULD win their last three games, given who the opposition is, and that's coming from someone who loathes Ryan and thinks he's inept. The Ravens collapsing may well be a bridge too far, and there are also the Titans, Colts and Texans to deal with.

Edited by IronyAbounds

Imagine that, LaCanfora reports something that causes a big stir but turns out to be false. This is certainly the first time Ive ever hesrd of this haooening.

Absolutely, but he's getting fed by people from within the organization. I gotta say, that organization is like a Monty Python rendition of Game of Thrones at this point.

Absolutely, but he's getting fed by people from within the organization. I gotta say, that organization is like a Monty Python rendition of Game of Thrones at this point.

Youd think that hed eventually tire of being used to spread gossip. He might get clicks in the short term, but in the long run it ruins one's reputation.

Imagine that, LaCanfora reports something that causes a big stir but turns out to be false. This is certainly the first time Ive ever hesrd of this haooening.

Yep, he is a terrible writer or reporter or whatever they are called now

Actually, given their QB situation and schedule, the Broncos and Dolphins may well fall apart and not win another game. The Bills SHOULD win their last three games, given who the opposition is, and that's coming from someone who loathes Ryan and thinks he's inept. The Ravens collapsing may well be a bridge too far, and there are also the Titans, Colts and Texans to deal with.

Yeah, I can see the Dols and Broncos falling apart and the Bills winning their last 3 games. Ravens falling apart...not so much.

I wonder if the Bills buy insurance to offset/cover injuries? In other words, if Tyrod blows a knee and gets his full payment I wonder if an insurer would actually be on the hook for the full payment and not the Bills.

Not out of the question. It's standard in certain areas of the entertainment business. If available for sports teams it would be foolish not too insure against a potential financial loss like that.

IMO

Cleveland, Miami, and the Jets all with back-up QB's playing. A nice 3 wins to finish the season and I can hear it already...

"Let's build on this momentum for next year"

Well, the Browns are starting RG3, who is kind of nominally their designated starting QB, at least for the few games he's been active this year. On that point:

http://www.morningjournal.com/sports/20161212/cleveland-browns-coach-wants-terrelle-pryor-to-catch-ball-think-before-speaking

Terrelle Pryor calling out RG3 for QBing mistakes. Because apparently Terrelle Pryor was sooo successful as a QB. Hey, maybe RG has a future as a wideout!

Not out of the question. It's standard in certain areas of the entertainment business. If available for sports teams it would be foolish not too insure against a potential financial loss like that.

IMO

As a sports fan its not the money I worry about. It's the rich guys money, not mine. I worry about the cap hit not allowing the team to bring in the talent to make the team competitive and give me a good show for once in almost 2 decades.

Well it should be, he is the best QB on the roster. If they are not going to keep him though, I would have liked to see EJ get some game time to earn a chance at a contract from someone next year just because he never complained, worked hard, and had some good moments. So be cool to see if he could do anything these last 3 games, but IMO TT is still the better QB on the roster.

TT being the best QB on the roster is the DISCOURAGING part. It's SHAMEFUL that these QBs have not been able to develop into COMPETENT NFL players. It doesn't give me a lot of hope for Cardale Jones.

TT being the best QB on the roster is the DISCOURAGING part. It's SHAMEFUL that these QBs have not been able to develop into COMPETENT NFL players. It doesn't give me a lot of hope for Cardale Jones.

Quick, who's the best QB the Bills ever developed?

(And it's not Jim Kelly.

IMO

they are insured. but the only part they would pay i believe is if tyrod is unable to play next year due to injury. eric berry and the chiefs had agreed to a contract but the chiefs wanted him to pay the 2.5 mil premium to insure the deal and he said no. due to his cancer

There are 3 quarterbacks on the roster.

Yeah, I know, but everyone is calling for Jones to start over EJ, haven't seen too many people wanting EJ

No, it's the super smart fan base that says if TT gets hurt in one of these 3 MEANINGLESS games, he hamstrings our cap next year. Or are you saying you are 100% certain you want TT to be the starter next year, and 100% the Bills should exercise the option. Cause that's what you are doing if he gets hurt.

And lets not forget, the same guy you quote as saying Jones to raw, also said this week he is not ready to commit to TT as the starter. So can't have it both ways.

Well as someone else also mentioned, there is another person on the roster who could start, and hes ahead of Jones on the depth chart.................

Thanks for demonstrating how Super smart this fan base is.........

man , it is going to ugly at the stadium this week...trying to convince myself to go...pretty much had the bags packed, but rethinking that with this assinine decison. And for me, it is really all about that injury guarantee...why risk 16M in cap next year with a scrawny, run first QB that could have a 12 month injury.

Newsflash...this franchise does NOTHING right. I'm actually amazed more people are shocked by all the idiot decisions the Bills made today. I'm not shocked one bit. Stupid is what this franchise does best.

I'll laugh hysterically if they bring back Rex and company after a 3 game win streak or even 2-1 to end the season against the bottom of the barrel.

Exactly. And the screwed up part is that's exactly what's going to happen. Book it.

Well...No surprise here...

The Bills have three games left...One against the worst team in the NFL, another vs the Dolphins who won't have their starting QB, and lastly

a bottom 5 Jets team...

They'll be looking to get to 9-7 so they can sell improvement...They'll be looking for Bills fans to forget the fact that so far this year they are 1-6 vs winning teams...That one win coming vs NE and their injured 3rd string QB...They'll be looking for fans to forget about Taylor choking late in games...They'll be looking for fans to forget about those two games they allowed an opposing HB to gain over 200 yds...Of course knowing Ajayi is coming to town that number could move to 3 times...They'll be hoping fans forget about Rex's predictions of a vastly improve Defense now that they know the system...They'll be counting on Bills fans turning a blind eye to the truth...

Here's a 3 game memory wipe Buffalo Fans!!!...Please re-new your season tickets for 2017... B-)

David lee to Cardale jones....

David lee to Cardale jones...

Eat your pizza logs and put your helmet on...

David lee to Cardale jones...10,9,8,7,6

Commencing kickoff, wristband on 5,4,3

Check inflation, and may Gods love be with you!

This is Cardale Jones to David lee

You've really made the grade

And sully wants to know does your hair

And it's time to leave the pocket, if you dare

This is Cardale jones to David lee,

I'm stepping out of bounds

And I'm gloating in a most peculiar way

And the Bills look very different today

For here

And I'm sitting in hotel room

Full uniform on

End zone looks blue, and there nothing I can do...

Though I've passed 300 brilliant yards

I'm feeling very ill

And I think Russ Brandon knows which way to go

Tell EJ I love him very much, he knows

David lee to Cardale jones, your headsets dead,

There's something wrong,

Can ya hear me Cardale jones,

Can ya "hear, and I'm sitting in hotel room

Full.. Uniform on..."

End zone is blue,

And there's nothing I can do....

If TT is smart, he'll find a way to get hurt via Cleveland, and never work again.

I agree 100%, first play from scrimmage take a season ending sack learn the concussion symptoms and never recover

you have got to be freaking kidding me...only good thing now is going to an embarrassing loss and a firing immediately after the game.

No, we are likely going to win the last 3 games and finish 9-7...look who we are playing.

Cleveland who is just plain terrible.

Miami with their backup QB.

Jets who are just plain terrible.

If you hand to handicap the Bills record over the 3 games, the overwhleming favorite would be 3-0

For those who want them to just lose the next 3 for a better draft pick, is it really going to matter? With 6 wins and a bunch of teams that are already ahead of them for the #1 spot that they can't catch, what the best they could draft at with 6 wins compared to 9 wins? Drafting between 6th and mid teens? With their roster needs and those draft spots, it's not like drafting a couple of spots sooner would make that much of a difference u less there is someone they really badly want.

The only advantage to losing more games is hoping that it puts the final nails in Rex's coffin

For those who want them to just lose the next 3 for a better draft pick, is it really going to matter? With 6 wins and a bunch of teams that are already ahead of them for the #1 spot that they can't catch, what the best they could draft at with 6 wins compared to 9 wins? Drafting between 6th and mid teens? With their roster needs and those draft spots, it's not like drafting a couple of spots sooner would make that much of a difference u less there is someone they really badly want.

The only advantage to losing more games is hoping that it puts the final nails in Rex's coffin

You gain spots in each round, not just the first. If the difference between winning and losing the last 3 amounts to 6-8 draft positions you could very well trade back in the 1st and get a nice 2nd or 3rd or combination of picks.

I understand how the draft works, but there's no guarantee that I'd your 6th or 16th that there is going to be a player there you have to have, or someone looking to trade up. In later rounds the difference between 38 and 45 isn't going to be a huge difference either.

So if your 6th and trade back to the 16th slot where the player you want is going to be available you will also accumulate an additional 2nd round pick. Is that worth it? Then remember your moving up 10 slots each round because you lost those meaningless games.

No, it's the super smart fan base that says if TT gets hurt in one of these 3 MEANINGLESS games, he hamstrings our cap next year. Or are you saying you are 100% certain you want TT to be the starter next year, and 100% the Bills should exercise the option. Cause that's what you are doing if he gets hurt.

And lets not forget, the same guy you quote as saying Jones to raw, also said this week he is not ready to commit to TT as the starter. So can't have it both ways.

Is this true? Do we take a cap hit?

I think the story said " could be fired as soon as tomorrow " if the Bills lost to the Sreelers. Not exactly like saying Ryan WILL be fired if....

Not true, and a horrible take. I'm sick of seeing this same exact bullcrap argument posted. He's not good. He's marginally better than the other options at best. It's time to move on.

No doubt. Taylor will finally throw for 300 yards against the winless Browns at home and I'm going to have to sit here and read all about it for an entire offseason.

He will put the team on his back. And finally win while throwing over 30 times

If the guarantee is in the contract I would find it hard to believe the insurance would negate the cap hit.

Yup, the I durance will o ly help TP with paying him the actual cash. If his option is picked up because the contract has a clause in it, then the bills would be on the hook cap wise no matter if an insurance company paid him or TP took the money out of his wallet himself.

As for the exact quote on what LaCanfora said, it's how these guys work today. Give a tantalizing juicy piece of gossip to get the masses excited, but include some wording in it to make sure there's always an out.

I do believe the Pegulas have decided to clean house... they're not stupid and I agree with another poster on this thread that the "silence is deafening". I am a little surprised that they aren't vetoing this move given the implications that a TT injury have on the future of the franchise. That said, given how Ralph caught so much crap for meddling with the quarterback position, maybe they are thinking the better of it.

I actually think Rex would have been axed today had someone been on the coaching staff that could have acted as interim defensive coordinator. The entire defensive staff is filled with Rex's cronies - if they fire Rex, they have to fire Rob. Given Thurman's close relationship with Rex, would they fire him too? Or would he refuse to work? Ed Reed is probably in the same boat. You can't lose half your defensive coaching staff with 3 games left in the season, even if the remaining three games are completely meaningless.

https://twitter.com/JaySkurski/status/808426258396749825

#Bills coach Rex Ryan says QB Tyrod Taylor will remain the starting quarterback.

This is the kind of decision that really pisses me off. This is the perfect opportunity to see what Cardale can do. The kid won a national championship in college. He seems like a winner to me when I see him play.

The Bills......and the vast majority of their fans.....immediately assume they've found a QB every time one strings a few nice games together and they start focusing on filling every other hole on the team.

If you want to become a winning franchise you always have to be actively trying to make your QB situation better.

Having a franchise QB doesn't assure you a good season........but you WILL NOT sustain consistent success for any significant period of time without one.

This is the kind of decision that really pisses me off. This is the perfect opportunity to see what Cardale can do. The kid won a national championship in college. He seems like a winner to me when I see him play.

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GO WITH JONES RIGHT NOW, THEY BELIEVE HE IS STILL TOO RAW, HE WAS DRAFTED AS A LONGER TERM PROJECT AND THE BILLS STAFF/FRONT OFFICE KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE IN HIM RIGHT NOW

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GO WITH JONES RIGHT NOW, THEY BELIEVE HE IS STILL TOO RAW, HE WAS DRAFTED AS A LONGER TERM PROJECT AND THE BILLS STAFF/FRONT OFFICE KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE IN HIM RIGHT NOW

Yeah, I think the coaches who work with him every day have a good idea on what he can and cannot do which is why he's not playing.

Yeah because players never surprise coaches. Like Dak Prescott. Or like Brown and Alexander in our case. I know the guy is raw. He was also not ready and the third string qb in college yet he ended up winning the national championship defeating Alabama which are the patriots of college football. So please spare me the he is raw speech. What is there to lose?