Is Tom Brady a First Ballot Hall of Famer?

Brady HOF  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Is Tom Brady a First Ballot Hall of Famer?

I think the deflator was just trying to lose weight.

Lol that was a year old text from the previous year. Like I said I am not claiming innocence just a terrible investigation.

Tough to know, tough to conduct an investigation when your suspect knowingly destroys evidence.

(Sigh) the league had NO RIGHT to his private phone. Also why want Favre suspended for refusing to give his phone over (and never did) he got a 25k fine. Also they got the text from the phone. (As I stated proof is the leaked P Manning Text from the NFL Office.). So he cooperated MORE than Favre but got suspended and not fined?

are you banned from posting on the cheats boards? you spend way too much time here man.

Pats board is boring... and hard have a good football convo.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does the fact that the other QBs that stepped in while he was injured performed at a very high level as well and have as good or better W/L record make the argument that he is a system QB hold any weight?

He is a better version of Alex Smith. He succeeds in a perfect offensive system which is loaded with weapons and has tremendous coaching.

Lol that was a year old text from the previous year. Like I said I am not claiming innocence just a terrible investigation.

(Sigh) the league had NO RIGHT to his private phone. Also why want Favre suspended for refusing to give his phone over (and never did) he got a 25k fine. Also they got the text from the phone. (As I stated proof is the leaked P Manning Text from the NFL Office.). So he cooperated MORE than Favre but got suspended and not fined?

Pats board is boring... and hard have a good football convo.

Jesus. It's impossible to have this discussion with Pats* shills when we keep having to leap frog reality back and forth. Do you expect to leave this conversation convincing anyone other than yourself of anything? You're making false equivalences and basing conclusions on untruths. Just stop.

Does the fact that the other QBs that stepped in while he was injured performed at a very high level as well and have as good or better W/L record make the argument that he is a system QB hold any weight?

He is a better version of Alex Smith. He succeeds in a perfect offensive system which is loaded with weapons and has tremendous coaching.

He's won 4 Super Bowls, played in 6, been to 11 Pro Bowls, 2 time MVP, 3 time Super Bowl MVP, 4th all-time in passing yards, 4th all-time in TDs, 3rd all-time in wins, and has the highest winning percentage of anyone with at least 50 wins. Other than that he's just like Alex Smith.

I agree with both of you. But do the voters snub him and do the same thing they did in baseball a few years ago and refuse him the honor of first ballot, which is an extra special honor itself.

"Deflate-gate" does not come anywhere near steroid use. It was a BS charge that would not have gotten any QB who is not on the Patriots in trouble. If that was a Jim Kelly back in the day we would have been howling about how unfair it was to suspend him. My father, may he rest in peace, would have insisted up and down that the league has it in for the Bills because we are a small town team and they want NY, Chicago, Washington, Dallas... to win

He's won 4 Super Bowls, played in 6, been to 11 Pro Bowls, 2 time MVP, 3 time Super Bowl MVP, 4th all-time in passing yards, 4th all-time in TDs, 3rd all-time in wins, and has the highest winning percentage of anyone with at least 50 wins. Other than that he's just like Alex Smith.

All this.........and he's not done yet!!!

I mean, I don't like it, but I have to accept it. Despite the cheating (which is so unnecessary).

Jesus. It's impossible to have this discussion with Pats* shills when we keep having to leap frog reality back and forth. Do you expect to leave this conversation convincing anyone other than yourself of anything? You're making false equivalences and basing conclusions on untruths. Just stop.

Favre refused turn his phone over.. Brady refused turn his phone over... how are they not equivalent. Again I wasn't arguing about this, I was arguing the investigation was done poorly which is pretty much widely accepted.

He is one of only 4 QBs with over 5k completions, he a multi time MVP and 3 time SB MVP probably holds more weight.

and OJ was acquitted of murder

Good point.

Favre refused turn his phone over.. Brady refused turn his phone over... how are they not equivalent. Again I wasn't arguing about this, I was arguing the investigation was done poorly which is pretty much widely accepted.

He is one of only 4 QBs with over 5k completions, he a multi time MVP and 3 time SB MVP probably holds more weight.

Good point.

Favre wasn't trying to gain a competitive advantage in a football game, though depending upon the pix he may have been trying to obtain a competitive advantage in another way.

Favre wasn't trying to gain a competitive advantage in a football game, though depending upon the pix he may have been trying to obtain a competitive advantage in another way.

😂 the offense is the same refusal turn over your private phone for an investigation. FUNNY THING I think Rogers needed more air in his Footballs he had 2 off years since deflategate. 😜

the offense is the same refusal turn over your private phone for an investigation.

I'm sure you'd like to think that, but they were very different investigations for very different reasons. Only one involved the integrity of the game.

!@#$ Tom Brady, the cheating Gugny.

But yes, he will be. The sooner, the better. Maybe when they make his bust, they can attach an asterisk to it, or better yet, a smashed cell phone.

Edit: Lol, I now see what the board thinks of Gugny.

Edited by Bubba Gump

unnecessary poll.. there is no doubt he is, and arguably the best ever to play the position

That's the better question ddaryl - is he the best QB ever? That would be a good poll.....Who would be on the ballot? I'd go with Montana, Otto Graham, Bradshaw, Brady and Staubach to start....I'm sure I'm missing a few.

No question. One of the greatest competitors at the position to ever play the game, not to mention he's pretty good. The cloud of the instances where his team was caught being less than honest will remain, but it's not viewed like Bonds/Steroids or Rose/Gambling.

I'm sure you'd like to think that, but they were very different investigations for very different reasons. Only one involved the integrity of the game.

You mean the inflation of the balls that was so important? The same thing they didn't even bat an eyelash over when Rogers said he liked his over inflated because it gave him a better grip? Or the fact when other teams tampered IN GAME with the pressure they only gave them a warning? This had nothing do with "integrity of the game" that's commish speak for "I want make this sound good so I can seem tough and hard on cheaters and people forget the crap I didn't do right" sadly it worked.. most still believe all but one of the balls was 2 psi lower when in fact 10 of the 11 were just a few ticks lower.

So yes they are exactly the same offense refusal to turn over a personal phone to an investigation. What the investigation was about is irrelevant. The fact the Commish been caught in a lie proves his word is useless and he wasn't looking for the truth.

That's the better question ddaryl - is he the best QB ever? That would be a good poll.....Who would be on the ballot? I'd go with Montana, Otto Graham, Bradshaw, Brady and Staubach to start....I'm sure I'm missing a few.

I put Marino in over Bradshaw and how can you not have P Manning in there

You mean the inflation of the balls that was so important? The same thing they didn't even bat an eyelash over when Rogers said he liked his over inflated because it gave him a better grip? Or the fact when other teams tampered IN GAME with the pressure they only gave them a warning? This had nothing do with "integrity of the game" that's commish speak for "I want make this sound good so I can seem tough and hard on cheaters and people forget the crap I didn't do right" sadly it worked.. most still believe all but one of the balls was 2 psi lower when in fact 10 of the 11 were just a few ticks lower.

So yes they are exactly the same offense refusal to turn over a personal phone to an investigation. What the investigation was about is irrelevant. The fact the Commish been caught in a lie proves his word is useless and he wasn't looking for the truth.

Yes, I mean that. It was actually DEflation, and I'm not sure it wasn't more the HC than the QB, but that might explain the destroyed phone and cover up. Either way, it's cheating.....again.

post-24435-0-63447100-1476930062_thumb.jpg

Edited by Augie

I put Marino in over Bradshaw and how can you not have P Manning in there

Hall-of-Famers? No doubt. GOAT? No.

To tell the truth, when P-Gump got his 2nd ring last year, I was far more upset that the Broncos, once upon a time 0-4 in SB's like the Bills. won their 3rd and are no longer a league laughing stock (thanks Ralph). When Gump almost universally dropped out of the GOAT discussion over the past couple years, he became less annoying to me... it's a beautiful thing.

Yes, I mean that. It was actually DEflation, and I'm not sure it wasn't more the HC than the QB, but that might explain the destroyed phone and cover up. Either way, it's cheating.....again.

I do believe they still had very few fumbles last year as well. This year is different as Jacoby and Jimmy G. Both had like 2 or 3 each.. (but it is up this year... )

As for Deflation, well if it gives you a "competitive advantage" and "against the rules" per the commish it is against the integrity of the game. This Rogers over inflation is illegal and should have been punished. (Not! Because I think the hole thing was a fiasco and poorly done.

I guess the lawyer in me feel Goodell lied and was caught in said lie so anything he said before or after is discredited. Ad to the fact he just sucks in general at his job and well..

And my final word on the subject is this. I believe the equipment guys went down there and deflated the balls. Not on direct orders but probably were told by Brady that they better damn well make sure the balls are the weight he likes or there will be hell to pay and he didn't care how they did it. (My evidence is the text after the Jets game where he got a 15 psi balls and was pissed) as for destroying his phone? Well anyone tech savvy knows that doesn't destroy data on it but people's ability to access data from that phone. I.e. You can still get it from the cloud. (How we all are able keep our pics from phone to phone) So saying he "destroyed evidence" just well wrong. He just made getting said evidence a little longer that's all.

So in other words GOODELL SUCKS AND HE IS DESTROYING THE GAME!

OJ was a great back for a relatively short period of time. Emmitt Smith and Curtis Martin were very good backs for long periods of time. They all made the it into the Hall in their first year of eligibility.

Brady has both longevity and peak productivity going for him. And not just a statistical leader, Brady's won championships. He' unquestionably a first-year guy.

As far as the selectors will be concerned, Spygate and Deflategate are easily overlooked rain spots on a beautiful Ferrari or a couple of specks of dust on a Van Gogh.

I know we like to hate the man, but who scares you more in the AFCE? Tannehill? Fitz? Even past his prime, Brady is in another league when compared to most other NFL QBs.

Presuming the question wasn't meant as a joke, of course.

As for deflategate. It was never about science. If it was then the fact that:

• The starting PSI's of the footballs, which were taken from the ref's memory and each assigned a value of 12.5
  • The accuracy of the gauges used to measure the ending PSI's were ridiculously inaccurate and horribly calibrated.

Would have meant that the claim would have been tossed out once the league consulted with anyone with grade 10 science knowledge or above due to a fatally flawed scientific study.

This was about power; the commissioner being able to maintain his power over all things NFL related, as per the CBA.

Edited by Pneumonic

Most definitely. First ballot. Waive the eligibility delay.

Just to clarify, as I couldn't find it in the thread title or in subsequent posts, but inferred it by the overwhelming Bills fan support, we are talking about the Douchebag Hall of Fame, correct?