Bills' QB coach on Taylor: 'His eyes are in the right place

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/15/bills-qb-coach-taylor-eyes-right-place-time/

This kids deep ball with his work ethic and film study are going to push us into the playoffs.

Technology has taken the guesswork out of determining exactly how well a quarterback sees the field as he drops back to throw.

And according to the little cameras attached to Tyrod Taylor's helmet, he's seeing things perfectly.

I agree. I think that he takes a step forward this year (and I liked him already). The offseason reports so far should have us excited.

I'm really trying not to get too excited. I'd like him to prove you right, but I'm too cautious in throwing that much confidence behind any Bills' QB :lol:

I agree. I think that he takes a step forward this year (and I liked him already). The offseason reports so far should have us excited.

This news IS exciting. uh oh.. :blink: I think.. I think.. Yes. It's starting to come over me! :thumbsup:

I'm really trying not to get too excited. I'd like him to prove you right, but I'm too cautious in throwing that much confidence behind any Bills' QB :lol:

After 16 years of not making the playoffs, I have little trouble not getting excited during the off-season. I'm glad to hear good things about TT but I hear/read good things virtually every off-season.

So this year I'm letting go of all my hopes and fears.

Though I do think it would be reasonable to expect Tyrod to take a step forward this year: 2nd year as a starter; first year going into training camp as a starter; 2nd year in a new system; 2nd year with a new OC... You would expect the learning curve to keep trending upwards.

Edited by hondo in seattle

They couldn't come up with a picture where the camera was pointing to where his eyes were looking ?

I don't want any other team to see what he sees at the angle he is looking at. The Patriots would do something I just know they would use it to an advantage.

Something about EJ's eyes in 3, 2, 1...

Undotted. Tees? Yep... uncrossed. He's a total handwriting bust who lacks attention to detail. Good thing his second grade class traded down before selecting him, getting an extra second round pick that they parlayed into little Suzy Alonso who won the district spelling bee and became quite the little legend before getting her pigtail caught on an electric fence while running away trying not to get caught passed out in the neighbor's sand box. Wait, what?

We've all bought into offseason hype before. Let's hope this is real.

I do not know what to make of Buffalo news right now.

After the practice and OTA Coverage rules changing via Bills FO the news message has softened, or perhaps swung full about.

Don't know what to believe.

i am in "wait and see" mode again

I don't want any other team to see what he sees at the angle he is looking at. The Patriots would do something I just know they would use it to an advantage.

they probably already are.

Glad to hear Lee's reports though. What most of us hoped for !

Undotted. Tees? Yep... uncrossed. He's a total handwriting bust who lacks attention to detail. Good thing his second grade class traded down before selecting him, getting an extra second round pick that they parlayed into little Suzy Alonso who won the district spelling bee and became quite the little legend before getting her pigtail caught on an electric fence while running away trying not to get caught passed out in the neighbor's sand box. Wait, what?

Bet he's never been called Suzy before Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Outlook differences between 2015 and 2016:

2015:

-- expect defense to be top 5 and keep Bills in every game

-- hope QB can be game manager and not make too many mistakes

2016:

-- cautiously optimistic that the Bills have found a franchise QB

-- hope defense is better than average

We've all bought into offseason hype before. Let's hope this is real.

Heck, many bought it on this qb coach saving the day not too long ago

Even not being a rex fan I am optimistic that we have enough talent that it should be hard to screw up toooooo badly

Edited by NoSaint

Heck, many bought it on this qb coach saving the day not too long ago

Even not being a rex fan I am optimistic that we have enough talent that it should be hard to screw up toooooo badly

What is evident about TT is that he throws a nice (touch) ball. He not only is he accurate from a statistical standpoint but his ball placement is excellent, which the receivers certainly appreciate. I don't recall any Buffalo qb other than Kelly who threw such a quality long pass. Even in those type of low percentage passes his ball placement was superb.

The area where I am going to closely watch him is to see if he can make the throws to the middle of the field. The majority of his passes last year were towards the sidelines.

Last year I thought Roman was masterful in the way he handled TT. No doubt that he was very conservative in the way he called games for him. Without a doubt he is going to open up the playbook and widen the field for him this year.

The funny thing is if we drafted a rookie QB as our number 1 pick last year, let him start the whole season & he put up similar numbers to Taylor this board would of exploded with excitement. People tend to forget it TT first real game action last year, But I have seen people on this board state things like "he has hit his ceiling'" etc.... I expect him to continue to improve & lead this team to the playoffs sooner rather than later.

2015:

2016:

What a difference a year makes, huh?

I'll believe it when I see it on the field. Oh wait, he had an incredibly efficient first year as a starter already? Well, I think he's going to regress this year until you prove me wrong. Why? Alright fine, I admit it, it's because I'm still in love with EJ Manuel, OK? There.

-like five guys on this website

2015:

2016:

:lol:

I'll believe it when I see it on the field. Oh wait, he had an incredibly efficient first year as a starter already? Well, I think he's going to regress this year until you prove me wrong. Why? Alright fine, I admit it, it's because I'm still in love with EJ Manuel, OK? There.

-like five guys on this website

Holy crap, you're the one who is obsessed. What in the world is wrong with waiting until real games to make judgments on a player? No one cared about practice until 5 years ago and sports networks needed to fill airtime in the summer.

I do not know one Bills' fan who does not hope Taylor turns into a star QB. But why is it wrong to point out that our offense was to limit the amount of times we passed a game? Or that we beat one team with a winning record and they have a QB lots of Bills fans think is garbage (Fitz)? Or that DCs have a whole season of tape to try and take away Taylor's strengths, which happens to QBs all the time (the Mike Vick effect)?

Personally, I can't stand the preseason stuff. I would feel the same way about Taylor if they said he was doing terrible. He is the starter and playing for a monster contract. It doesn't really mean much until Baltimore.