A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

1) I cannot type enough good things about Darby. He was our best corner on the field today by a wide margin, or so I think.

2) McCoy reminded me just a bit too much of Spiller today in terms of picking up the blitz. But, the man is a good player.

3) Would someone explain to me what was illegal about the block by Woods that he got flagged on? It was on the play that McCoy fumbled and cost us 15 yards. What did he do wrong? Thanks.

4) Cordy Glenn is an uninspired, average Left Tackle.

5) Jerry Hughes was all but worthless today. Seriously. On passing plays, he was handled easily by their LT with no help. And he over-ran most runs to his side, especially on the opening drive of the 2nd half.

6) When the last bolt of sunshine hits the mountain,

And the stars start to splatter in the sky.

When the moon splits the southwest horizon,

With the scream of an eagle on the fly.

I will walk alone by the black muddy river,

And listen to the ripples as they moan.

And sing me a song of my own.

7) Kuandjio looked like a fine Right Tackle today. He cannot play mind you, but he sure did LOOK like he can.

8) In the first half, EJ was SOOO bad that I was pining for the days of Rob Johnson.

9) I don't know what the scheme was, but on the Jags 2nd Qtr, TD pass, Gilmore simply backed up and allowed the receiver to get himself into position to make the catch. And I am less than impressed.

10) In the middle of the 1st qtr, EJ hit Gragg with a long pass. I was clapping my hands and just as happy as I could be. Then the replay showed that the pass was lousy, making him turn around for the ball. This is why he fell on his ass instead of waltzing in for a touchdown. I stopped clapping. Gragg then ran a beautiful pattern, out of bounds. Not to be outdone, EJ had Gragg open in the corner of the end zone, but he waited about a half hour to release the pass, which sailed incomplete. Do these two hate each other?

11) This team is good, but not good enough to compensate for EJ Manuel's poor play. Neither were the 76 Steelers.

12) Next week will be a fine time for all of us to rest.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) I cannot type enough good things about Darby. He was our best corner on the field today by a wide margin, or so I think.

2) McCoy reminded me just a bit too much of Spiller today in terms of picking up the blitz. But, the man is a good player.

3) Would someone explain to me what was illegal about the block by Woods that he got flagged on? It was on the play that McCoy fumbled and cost us 15 yards. What did he do wrong? Thanks.

5) Jerry Hughes was all but worthless today. Seriously. On passing plays, he was handled easily by their LT with no help. And he over-ran most runs to his side, especially on the opening drive of the 2nd half.

7) Kuandjio looked like a fine Right Tackle today. He cannot play mind you, but he sure did LOOK like he can.

8) In the first half, EJ was SOOO bad that I was pining for the days of Rob Johnson.

9) I don't know what the scheme was, but on the Jags 2nd Qtr, TD pass, Gilmore simply backed up and allowed the receiver to get himself into position to make the catch. And I am less than impressed.

10) In the middle of the 1st qtr, EJ hit Gragg with a long pass. I was clapping my hands and just as happy as I could be. Then the replay showed that the pass was lousy, making him turn around for the ball. This is why he fell on his ass instead of waltzing in for a touchdown. I stopped clapping. Gragg then ran a beautiful pattern, out of bounds. Not to be outdone, EJ had Gragg open in the corner of the end zone, but he waited about a half hour to release the pass, which sailed incomplete. Do these two hate each other?

11) This team is good, but not good enough to compensate for EJ Manuel's poor play. Neither were the 76 Steelers.

To #3, they called peelback. But it was the wrong call. Woods hit him in the front, not the side or below the knees.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/19/4125046/nfl-rule-changes-peel-back-block

Good to see ya back.

Edited by FireChan

Right folks, great to see Bill back posting.

Good things that happened today:

- Easley finally gets that big catch. TIme to move on from Percy. Easley gives a potential new dimension to this offense as a big receiver. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of him regardless of the situation with Percy and Sammy.

- Koundjio: yeah, he got beat about as often as Seantrel. But Seantrel has shown virtually no improvement over 20+ NFL starts, so I'm fine with letting Cyrus have his chance. There really is no downside to making that switch.

- EJ wasn't really worse than Brandon Weeden for example. Of course, Weeden is 0-11 in his last 11 starts. Maybe that's not a "good thing"

- Corey Graham played great, but wasn't he clutching his, err, groin as he got beat on that game winning catch?

yeah more thoughts...

-Someone has to be accountable for the lack of foresight regarding injuries to QB and RB. Cut our heart and soul and traded a QB that could hold it together during a tough time.

-I think Gilmore is above average.

-I think Darby is good.

-I think the refs call penalties on us because we had penalties called on us in other games. It's a vicious cycle. I also think teams tip off refs prior to the games. Example being Easley and offsides kickoff.

-I think the defense we are playing isn't playing to the strengths of the players. I think the wide 9 forced pressure from the outside last year, allowing the interior to clean things up. Now when pressure comes it isn't coming from the edge. i noticed this 3 or 4 times with Bortles today.

-Dan Carpenter was never a problem.

-Jordan Gay makes the ST way better.

-Try using the FB on the last few plays.

-This Defense looks more like Wannstadt's then Pettine's.

- It's hard to win in the NFL. It's harder with all these crazy penalties.

- Pass interference can no longer be a judgement call. It needs to be reviewed when called. This would probably stop the nonsense and stop referees from seeing what they want to see before during and after a play. Instead of what really happened. That being said the call on Robey was potentially the worst I have ever seen. They pulled the same crap on us with Corey Graham a couple of weeks ago but we still ended up winning. That sort of bad officiating is a trend and even more harmful to a team than the penalties that the team actually deserves. The NFL reallys doesn't help it's credibility.

-What exactly defines excessive celebration? Maybe like jumping into the stands after a touchdown? Just wondering because that was called on us today. Again NFL officiating has a credibility issue.

- EJ Manuel isn't very good.

-You ever think the NFL loves Bills fans being the loveable losers? We keep getting kicked in the face as fans and keep coming back for more.

Bill- it is so nice to see"a few thoughts in no particular order".

I hope your well bud.

For anyone left on this board which is I'm sure finally shrinking thinking we need to give EJ another chance, are we done?

He doesn't read defenses, he throws with terrible accuracy, and generally loses games for us. Thank you EJ for killing our season. We come out of this with a win, and we're still in it.

We're done now.

Whaley, what do you think about your decision to trade away Cassel now? We could have won this game even with these injuries. Anyone watching the 35-0 rout with the Fish today?

Lastly, Rex, please shut up, amd fix the team. Stop with the bravado. I know we had a ton of injuries, but please.

Glad you're ok Bill. sad you had to endure another tough loss.

Thanks so much to you and all! Luckily I am also a Crimson Tide Fan, even though at times I actually feel guilty about this.

Like I said, EJ set us back too far in the first half, and didn't do enough in the second. But sadly, he was not the only player who disappointed us today.

Edited by Bill from NYC

The offense scored way more points than I ever could have imagined they could today given all the injuries. But the turnovers neutralized all of those points.

And I won't blame the D...but they don't make a lot of big plays. The Bills needed more today. They weren't terrible...but they need more.

Get them healthy and this season is a long ways from over.

Edited by Observer

At least I now know what it feels like to be a real Bills fan. I've followed them for many years but this was only the 5th time I've managed to get to one of their games - and they won the other four. So this is how true Bills fans feel, watching them lose a game they could have won (and needed to). You all have my sympathy!

Bill, a most hearty welcome back. Just got home from Mass and was so pleased to see your post. Best wishes to you!

On the game.. the Jags are so bad, they let us back into the game. The D was very good today, except that last series. Jags made some good plays (and the refs helped big time).

I had really hoped that EJ would find himself in the NFL but I've not seen an average college QB become great at the pro level. Brady went under the radar, but had all the tools all along. No one noticed, it seems.

We so badly need safeties. I really think that's the biggest problem on defense at the moment. Also, either use the talent you have creatively or rebuild the defense as you want it. Can't have both.

I hoped that a change of venue would bring out a competent Ryan, but it apparently hasn't. We are now last year's Jets.

A fan does not have to be a masochist. I continue to root for the Bills but I have so many other things to do on a Sunday, that I won't carve out time for them for a while. I hate being mad and behind on things at the same time.

Good to see you back this week Bill !! Was sincerely worried, and hoped we would hear from you again.

From now on I think I need to start my Sundays thinking the team has already lost, so should they win I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm very disappointed in EJ's play today. But I'm also disappointed in the play calling on both sides of the ball. Rex Ryan said he would fix the defense, and although it did look like he attempted to do so at times, it also stunk at times.

Lastly, if the team knows the backup QB is not that good, and most of the offense is crippled with injuries. Then why not run the read option all day, and ask EJ to throw very few passes.

Was Corey Graham hurt on that game winning catch? Seemed to pull up and started grabbing his groin. Or was that just part of his ongoing excessive celebration because he did what 25 other guys have done before -- intercept Blake Bortles. Another mystery nutsack injury?

We cannot afford for him to be hurt. He has been stellar in our secondary. But yes, he did look like he pulled up there.