Corey Graham Concussion

For anyone who didnt see, his eyes rolled into the back of his head:

He stood up on his own and was super wobbly. He got knocked out cold, I think hes going to be out a few weeks from this one.

Saw the eyes on replay and knew he was done for the day. Hope he's back for the Cheatriots.

For anyone who didnt see, his eyes rolled into the back of his head:

He stood up on his own and was super wobbly. He got knocked out cold, I think hes going to be out a few weeks from this one.

That's what happens with a concussion. No way to tell if it's more than a few day thing just from that video.

That's what happens with a concussion. No way to tell if it's more than a few day thing just from that video.

Yep. It was somewhat encouraging how he was talking to people as he walked off. But there was zero chance he was coming back in the game where the league rules count the video playback as part of the decision. If he only misses one week I will be happy.

Yeah, my wife called it immediately. She works with brain-injured patients and saw how wobbly he was getting up.

Best wishes to Corey for a speedy recovery.

This would be tough. Every time you do something "manly" She is going to want to get your brain checked out for sure.

@ChrisBrownBills: Corey Graham out here participating in practice. We'll find out how extensive his work is post practice. #Bills

At the least it could just be dressing him, having him go on the field and letting reports leak out that he's practicing as propaganda.

Saw him last on a newscast and I swear his eyes rolled back in his head once. Maybe that's just a thing for him. He spoke clearly and seemed all there. I think even with the concussion protocol they have no idea what is happening to a guy long term. I hope Corey is alright. He seems like a solid guy.

In case anyone was wondering (like I was), here's what I found regarding the specific steps of the NFL's concussion protocol:

---------------

The NFL’s concussion protocol consists of a three-step process that a player must go through before being cleared to return. There is no specific timetable listed, as “each player and each concussion is unique,” the protocol states. A look at the three steps:

After a period of rest and recovery, a player must return to his baseline status in a neurological exam. The baseline is determined during a neurological exam that is given to every player as part of his preseason physical.

A gradual exercise program begins when the player returns to baseline. The player starts with light aerobic activities, such as riding a stationary bike, before being able to resume weight training and, later, participating in non-contact drills at practice. The progression is stopped if the player experiences a re-occurrence of symptoms.

Before being allowed to play in games, the player must be cleared by not only the team’s medical staff, but an independent neurological consultant.

---------------

If Corey was at practice yesterday then obviously step 1 was reached. If he participated in non-contact drills at practice and didn't experience a relapse last night or today, I'd say the chances of him playing on Sunday are pretty good.

Excellent. His veteran leadership should help out a lot...

Not having Rambo in coverage should help even more. He blew quite a few assignments last game, not something I want to see against Brady, especially with communication being tough for the D with the crowd noise.