RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised at all. Have to make some tough decisions

que the complete emotional over reactions

Morons spelled backwards, this is a "lose" and a "fail" of a comment.

We're Fans. Part of being a fan is to be emotional. Fred is a much loved player, he deserves emotional reaction from fans.

I do get that it's a tough business where tough choices have to be made for the team, but that doesn't mean fans have to like them or agree.

Father time remains undefeated.

I see the same reactions from when we said good-bye to Thurman, Andre, Henry, and so many others over the years.

Wish Freddy all the luck in the world no matter where he ends up. I think he will have a place in this organization when he hangs them up for good.

See you down the road, Freddy. In the meantime, thanks for being one of the great all time Bills.

GO BILLS!!!

Beat me to it with the Thurman reference.

You though Jackson was going to get more carries than Mccoy this year? Barring a major injury to Shady, there was a 0% chance of that happening.

and it wouldve been the worst thing possible for jackson, as hes in the less carries phase of his career. we couldnt have fed freddy 300 touches as part of our plan.

Man, you can really see who the front office :censored: are in this thread. The Bills cut the most beloved player in years, and here they are defending the move.

The guy was my favorite Buffalo Bill over the years. You can bet some team will pick him up and make the front office look stupid for releasing him.

It was a huge hole and he took advantage of that, yet how many times do we scratch our heads after watching All-22 when other RBs miss holes like that? Remind me again why Brown couldn't beat out Boobie for the bulk of the carries last year?

I didn't remind you in the 1st place. I was as just talking about the run.

This is almost going to bring a dark cloud if we do end up making the playoffs. If we do I would have wanted Freddy to be a part of it. I hope a strong contender picks it up. He deserves at least one season with a contending team.

I'm offended that the Bills are running Freddy highlights in their stories about the cut.

No. You don't get to do that.

get over it - the guy is a respected part of our last decade. they can play up how much he meant to this city/roster. id much rather they celebrate his career today if they are making the move.

This is almost going to bring a dark cloud if we do end up making the playoffs. If we do I would have wanted Freddy to be a part of it. I hope a strong contender picks it up. He deserves at least one season with a contending team.

he could go to the playoffs on another team... Just hope we are there too

Now think. Think this through. Do you really want that kind of owner here?

that was a worry i had when it was rumored to have happened in march. in that regard, small silver lining on a downer of a day, we seem to have confirmation that our owner will indeed let football people make football decisions.

Man, you can really see who the front office :censored: are in this thread. The Bills cut the most beloved player in years, and here they are defending the move.

The guy was my favorite Buffalo Bill over the years. You can bet some team will pick him up and make the front office look stupid for releasing him.

I don't like the move but that team won't have Shady McCoy getting 300 carries.

I love Fred and don't like this move but I didn't know where they were going to play him. McCoy is a three down back. Fred has never been a great short yardage back even though he sees to get every yard he can. He doesn't play ST.

its also opening up options to re-allocate cap space to other starters down the line.

we will see how the 53 shakes out. what if it opens up a spot for goodwin, or thompson, or brown, or..... and they contribute for years?

Can you put your rational thoughts away and let me irrationally vent?!?

Jk, I actually don't like the move because I think that he brings more to the team than Brown or Dixon. His leadership, pass blocking, and running ability made him the perfect backup IMO (with Karlos in short yardage).

I also don't like the move because of the obvious reason. He is the ultimate teammate, a warrior and a guy that deserves to see this through. If it is a coin-flip situation (which it is IMO) you cut Brown or Boobie (in that order) before Fred.

From a football standpoint I can understand it...I think in the end it was going to be Boobie or Fred...And Boobie is one of the better ST's players in the league...

From a personal standpoint I really hate this...

Oh well... B-)

Can you put your rational thoughts away and let me irrationally vent?!?

Jk, I actually don't like the move because I think that he brings more to the team than Brown or Dixon. His leadership, pass blocking, and running ability made him the perfect backup IMO (with Karlos in short yardage).

I also don't like the move because of the obvious reason. He is the ultimate teammate, a warrior and a guy that deserves to see this through. If it is a coin-flip situation (which it is IMO) you cut Brown or Boobie (in that order) before Fred.

This this this.

This is sad. I really wanted Freddie to retire a Bill. I get that he had a lot of hard miles on his body and there was no way he could play a full season without getting hurt...but still, he was a warrior for Buffalo when no one else would be.

Man, CJ and Freddie gone in one offseason....wow.

Devastating. I have to think Whaley doesn't want to cut his losses on Bryce Brown. If he makes the team, I swear...

its silly to act like this is pride over a midround pick. whaley let mike williams go despite this ego that some seem to see....

brown likely makes the team because hes really talented. hopefully we get to see him hit that potential.

that was a worry i had when it was rumored to have happened in march. in that regard, small silver lining on a downer of a day, we seem to have confirmation that our owner will indeed let football people make football decisions.

Hugely important.

I'm offended that the Bills are running Freddy highlights in their stories about the cut.

No. You don't get to do that.

Why not? Whaley made a nice statement praising and honoring Fred and thanking him, why shouldn't the Bills show highlights? It's a way of showing that honor is sincere, isn't it?

"Today we had to make the difficult decision to release Fred Jackson," Bills general manager Doug Whaley said in a statement. "He had an incredible career for this organization for the past 10 years. We thank Fred for his hard work, dedication and leadership during his tenure with the Buffalo Bills. Fred has inspired the city of Buffalo in a number of ways. Fred and his family have been dedicated to this community and we can't thank them enough for their contributions through his career."

They cut him early to give him the best chance to go elsewhere if that's what he wants, they thanked him, and they're highlighting him. If they had to make the decision to cut him, which is making my heart bleed but I do understand it's a tough business and calls for tough decisions, what would you prefer they do? Just post his name as a cut and shut up about it?

I don't either, he has a lot of upside if he could correct the fumbling issues.

He's has one fumble in the last two years (not a ton of touches, but still).

I think a lot of people here have not looked at Fred's fumbling stats for the past few years. 8 in the last two years.

its silly to act like this is pride over a midround pick. whaley let mike williams go despite this ego that some seem to see....

brown likely makes the team because hes really talented. hopefully we get to see him hit that potential.

Is it? Brown has under performed from the start and has been in the league three years? Why is he still here? How long does it take to learn how to hold a football and play RB? It's the easiest position in football.

Exactly. Roman, Ryan, and both Pegulas would be pissed if they thought that had anything to do with it. I would bet anything this was something they all spoke about, load out the reasons and possible scenarios and decided this together.

Devastating. I have to think Whaley doesn't want to cut his losses on Bryce Brown. If he makes the team, I swear...

I don't think you can underestimate this point. Whaley's made some curious moves since he became GM and Jackson isn't a Whaley guy.

At the same time, I think Rex has final say and he's not a FJ guy either.

Still stinks. Bad