RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

exactly. I hate being told that I am "emotionally overreacting." This is message board of Bills fans and Fred is a beloved player. We aren't allowed to have feelings without being insulted about it? Sheesh.

Yeah, I didn't like the comment either. Some people like to pretend they can predict peoples reactions even when it's obvious. I think its an insecurity thing.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred is family and this is a betrayal

No, this is business.

Total classless move by the Bills.

Not a big cap hit, great warrior for team, and at the end of the season he likely would have retired as a Bill.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bad move!

Classless? Do you want the Bills to win? Or do you want them to be classy? Do you know how crowded they are at RB/WR?

I get the football decision part of this. I truly hope that Rex, Whaley, and perhaps even Terry met with Fred personally when they told him the news.

I'm certain this was the case.

To me this is like breaking up with a girlfriend you really really liked. Doesn't matter if she broke it off or you did, you know it's for the best. But the worst part is thinking of her with another guy. Fred in another team's uniform is something I had hoped to never see.

I would have like to see the organization make an announcement treating Fred with as much dignity and class as he has shown. To hear the cold, hard fact (although it is a cold, hard business) through a reporter just doesn't seem right.

Whaley issued a statement

Horrible day for him and for Bills fans. I so wanted to see Freddie in a playoff game at the Ralph.

But I do understand the move. Aside from the fumble, of course, Bryce has looked really good this year.

Sad day, though.

Come on...really? That's the kind of owner you want? Didn't we hear enough Ralph draft day stories to learn that football decisions should be left to the football guys?

good points. And at the end of the day, living in Pittsburgh you see this all the time. They don't resign players (Rod Woodson, etc.) who are at the end of the road. They bring in new guys and keep churning. Their defensive drafting has been terrible the last few years, however.

This is so !@#$ed up. Freddie is still one of the best in te league. Seriously wtf we need Fred. He could kill it with McCoy who I expect to get injured or miss time. He'll I expected fees to beat out McCoy for carries in most games just like he has done throughout his career. !@#$ I am so !@#$ing pissed

I would have like to see the organization make an announcement treating Fred with as much dignity and class as he has shown. To hear the cold, hard fact (although it is a cold, hard business) through a reporter just doesn't seem right.

they did make one, it just got reported first

It sucks they couldn't keep him on for one more season. The Bills could have used a tough 3rd down back who can block and catch the ball out the backfield. Boobie, Brown, and Karlos should provide plenty of depth but I think Freddie would certainly have given them some life at the RB2 position. Guess it's good that they feel confident in Brown and Karlos while also valuing Boobie's special teams contribution.

good points. And at the end of the day, living in Pittsburgh you see this all the time. They don't resign players (Rod Woodson, etc.) who are at the end of the road. They bring in new guys and keep churning. Their defensive drafting has been terrible the last few years, however.

I assume you mean Pittsburgh's defensive drafting.

i think they will go with McCoy, Karlos, Dixon, brown. I think because Fred doesn't play ST (unless he's returning punts) that hurts him.

They cut Seale today too so I think they will use hill and wood next week and then wood to PS.

glad they cut Seale. If they kept him over FJax I'd think someone had lost their minds. I agree with your ST assessment. Need guys that can do both.