RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can and TBD poster not understand how effed this move is? Yes, it is like a death

It's not "effed"...it's sad, yes. He's a Buffalo Bill at heart, and always will be...from an on-the-field standpoint, it makes perfect sense when you have a glut of talent at one position to let the 34-year-old go as opposed to the under-27 guys. And it further makes sense to let him go at a time when he can still find a good fit for his services.

This is so !@#$ed up. Freddie is still one of the best in te league. Seriously wtf we need Fred. He could kill it with McCoy who I expect to get injured or miss time. He'll I expected fees to beat out McCoy for carries in most games just like he has done throughout his career. !@#$ I am so !@#$ing pissed

He was never one of the best in the league...maybe, maybe for half a season in 2011 he was in the top 5.

Somebody had to say it. Freddy is on my all-time top 10 list of Buffalo Bills, but the legs just aren't the same and there is too much talent on the roster at that position.

It was a very slow run, but how many RBs recognize the hole to his left when the play was designed to go right? Nobody expects Freddie to be a home run threat anymore, but I'd still rather have him in there on thirds down than anybody on the roster, except maybe Shady. Belichick used Faulk until he couldn't walk anymore.

PolishDave, don't interpret my comments to mean I'm happy about FredEx being cut. He has value. But his skill set has significantly diminished and the Bills have other players at the position that can help them more.

I get what you mean. I just wanted to reiterate the obvious point that RB's have a lot more equally important talent needs than just running fast. Freddie is a big game, big play maker. Those are more rare. The guy is just so damn reliable. I can't see why a coach would choose speed over that which is what they are doing if they keep Brown.

Classless? Do you want the Bills to win?

I don't think keeping Fred Jackson over Brown or Boobie was going to cause them to lose more games.

If they wanted to cut him perhaps they should have done it in the offseason when it was originally reported they were considering it. At least then the guy could have had an entire training camp with whatever team he signed with.

Total classless move by the Bills.

Not a big cap hit, great warrior for team, and at the end of the season he likely would have retired as a Bill.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bad move!

I'm not thrilled but I don't see it as classless. Gives the guy a chance to catch on by doing it now rather than next week.