RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

Not surprised at all. Have to make some tough decisions

que the complete emotional over reactions

I would have held onto him for this year & then part ways with him next year. Tough business. I see both sides of this.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's !@#$ing bull ****!!! I'm getting fed up with this Ryan !@#$ing quickly! I couldn't stand his !@#$ing father and now I'm starting to hate this fake former fat !@#$er!!! I don't like what's in store for EJ! !@#$ that !@#$ing Ryan!

It's not "effed"...it's sad, yes. He's a Buffalo Bill at heart, and always will be...from an on-the-field standpoint, it makes perfect sense when you have a glut of talent at one position to let the 34-year-old go as opposed to the under-27 guys. And it further makes sense to let him go at a time when he can still find a good fit for his services.

yup.

when his cut was rumored in march, many said theyd be fine if the coaches made the decision after camp and a full offseason with the guys. hes a great person, a great bill, but his cost, and his shelf life make him a reasonable place to make a move. its a sad way to end it, but its not unreasonable.

He deserved one more year. Bryce Brown was supposed to go before Jackson.

This move is probably to justify the trade for Bryce Brown, and now keeping him The difference those two players is age, and one being a top NFL RB.

Every time he fumbles I'll think of Freddy!

It's a very unpopular move that makes sense.

I'm pretty sure every Bills fan in the world is sad to see Fred go, but it's definitely an understandable move.

Whaley wanted to do it a long time ago. Pegs put the brakes on it ... then sold 60K season tix. This was just a matter of time.

So long, Fred. Thanks for the great years!

Also, I wasn't expecting/am quite curious to read how many people here think he's better than Brown. :blink:

Again, probably one of my favorite Bills of all-time. But I'm not blind.

Better at receiving, better at blocking, better ball security, team leader both on and off the field.

What did Brown do, show some flashes followed by a fumble?

It was a very slow run, but how many RBs recognize the hole to his left when the play was designed to go right? Nobody expects Freddie to be a home run threat anymore, but I'd still rather have him in there on thirds down than anybody on the roster, except maybe Shady. Belichick used Faulk until he couldn't walk anymore.

That was a great run but the field was wide open...many RBs would have recognized the hole. It was huge!!

If they only keep three RB, and it's Shady, Karlos and Brown, because they want to keep extra WR and TE that can help the team, I understand it as a move to help the team overall. But if they keep four, and keep both Boobie and Brown, I don't like it at all, because I think we are a better team with what he can do on the field and in the locker room and as an organization.

Fred is gone because of Karlos and the scheme the Bills are going to run...plain and simple. I don't think Boobie or Brown enter into the discussion.

I dare anyone to name two RBs on this roster who are better than Freddie. He ll he might even be the best.

I know people like Shady but just like spiller and lynch and McGhee before ten Fred always proves he is the best back on the teAm.