RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So mad. This is ridiculous. Where is Pegula on this one? Can he come in and save the day?

Come on...really? That's the kind of owner you want? Didn't we hear enough Ralph draft day stories to learn that football decisions should be left to the football guys?

Despite the fact that he never played for a playoff team the guy was/is my all time favorite Bill. I enjoyed the SB teams more but I respect no player more than Fred Jackson. This puts a damper on the upcoming season.

This year just sucked for players I love. I'm a Phillie fan too (cue the booing) and lost both Utley and Hamels. Utley was my Fred Jackson of baseball. Other players (and Phillies) were better than him but I loved no player nearly as much due to how he plays the game.

At least the Bills project to be a good team, so there's that.

Sigh.

not really. there are rational fans.. I fail to see why this is an issue outside Fred was loved.. but he's older and slower and it makes little sense to keep older and slower over younger faster with less wear and tear just to appease the fan base.

its about winning championships and tough decisions must be made.

I have 0 issues with this decision. I'll miss Freddie but it had to happen eventually

Speed isn't everything. Freddie squirm through holes and moves the chains. Is strong on his feet. Runs routes well and is a lock in pass protection. I'd be fine if he's cut in Lieu of a better player, but Bryce Brown hasn't proven to be that.

I didn't think we were healthy enuf at RB to release anyone

stupid move. We have a ton of RB's, but they are all injured. Perhaps they'd rather keep Wood? He had some decent carries. They both looked good sat, but I'd feel more comfortable with F.Jax.

He desereved one more year. Bryce Brown was supposed to go before Jackson. Just wait till the next time he fumbles. We're all going to be calling for Freddie. Very unpopular move.

Edited by BmarvB

If they only keep three RB, and it's Shady, Karlos and Brown, because they want to keep extra WR and TE that can help the team, I understand it as a move to help the team overall. But if they keep four, and keep both Boobie and Brown, I don't like it at all, because I think we are a better team with what he can do on the field and in the locker room and as an organization.

Despite the fact that he never played for a playoff team the guy was/is my all time favorite Bill. I enjoyed the SB teams more but I respect no player more than Fred Jackson. This puts a damper on the upcoming season.

This year just sucked for players I love. I'm a Phillie fan too (cue the booing) and lost both Utley and Hamels. Utley was my Fred Jackson of baseball. Other players (and Phillies) were better than him but I loved no player nearly as much due to how he plays the game.

At least the Bills project to be a good team, so there's that.

Sigh.

jump on the Pirates bandwagon for the Playoffs :)

If they only keep three RB, and it's Shady, Karlos and Brown, because they want to keep extra WR and TE that can help the team, I understand it as a move to help the team overall. But if they keep four, and keep both Boobie and Brown, I don't like it at all, because I think we are a better team with what he can do on the field and in the locker room and as an organization.

Brown though? Brown? Why Brown?

stupid move. We have a ton of RB's, but they are all injured. Perhaps they'd rather keep Wood? He had some decent carries. They both looked good sat, but I'd feel more comfortable with F.Jax.

i think they will go with McCoy, Karlos, Dixon, brown. I think because Fred doesn't play ST (unless he's returning punts) that hurts him.

They cut Seale today too so I think they will use hill and wood next week and then wood to PS.

Edited by YoloinOhio