RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well played Pegula... Demand that Freddy stay in Buffalo... Get Season Ticket sales to an all-time high.... Dump Freddy... No Refunds.

You are a class act.

Do you really think that 1 person would ask for a refund for cutting a 34 year-old RB that is arguably 5th on your depth chart? I love Freddy. He is my favorite player since the Super Bowl but this isn't the type of move that crushes the team's chances.

I wasn't sure either until the Phil Hansen benchmark was established. Third all time franchise rushing leader. There is a case for him.

I'm not opposed to Fred making the Wall. But Schobel should be there before Fred. Hansen was part of very successful teams, which is perhaps why 3rd best in sacks got him the spot. Schobel is #2 all time, but played for crappy teams. Fred is #3 all time with yards ... on crappy teams.

Do you really think that 1 person would ask for a refund for cutting a 34 year-old RB that is arguably 5th on your depth chart? I love Freddy. He is my favorite player since the Super Bowl but this isn't the type of move that crushes the team's chances.

No, but I do think that statistically it might not have helped the enthusiasm which got them to record 60,000 season tickets if they cut him during the "hot season" for ticket sales.

It's just a shame. Fred is the soul of the team. Most loved by the fans - by far biggest cheer of introductions. Every Bill down on the field after a play, Freddie is out there with the trainers. Even the peewees at halftime, Fred makes sure to tag all of them with a high-five. And the first play of the game of course he makes a great cut in the hole and nearly houses it. If this is finally year for the run, it would have been so deserved for the guy who never wavered during the tough years to been there for the reward.

I've seen a lot of Bills for a lot of years and can't think of one that's been more classy than Fred Jackson.

Edited by Ralonzo

I'm not opposed to Fred making the Wall. But Schobel should be there before Fred. Hansen was part of very successful teams, which is perhaps why 3rd best in sacks got him the spot. Schobel is #2 all time, but played for crappy teams. Fred is #3 all time with yards ... on crappy teams.

in the schobel vs freddy, i think a factor is connection with fans and the city. a local WOF, i think, should include sentiment in addition to stats.

I think this blow was calculated to maintain hype.

I don't like whaley. no idea why he still has a job after the manuel pick and the Watkins trade. he's one of the few management leftovers from the Wilson bad old days. gotta think he had a say here. fred deserves better.

Oh please. Whaley would be unemployed for about 5 mins. Dude has assembled an incredible level of talent the last few years. This team is stacked and unfortunately for Fred, that's why he was released

He may have slowed down a little over the past couple years but the guy did everything else right. Excellent blocking, always and I mean always falls forwards for a couple extra yards, and was an emotional leader of this team. I hate this decision. The guy deserved one playoff run.

Its gonna suck down the road when he burns us for a game winning TD playing in a pats uniform.

Very sad to hear the news. Love me some Fred. At some time this year we will miss him. If I recall correctly when the staff brought in Richie, Harvin, and IK they said they were comfortable with the moves because of the leadership in the locker room. Well today that leadership took a huge hit. Would have loved to see him make the playoffs while still a Bill. Thanks Fred for all the memories, you are a true class act. :cry:

He may have slowed down a little over the past couple years but the guy did everything else right. Excellent blocking, always and I mean always falls forwards for a couple extra yards, and was an emotional leader of this team. I hate this decision. The guy deserved one playoff run.

Its gonna suck down the road when he burns us for a game winning TD playing in a pats uniform.

Shhhh, don't say that. Can't have Freddy doing well for the Cheats.

Bros,

Fred may be an ok RB right now. However, at this point in his career he gives zero on special teams. He's too slow to return anything anymore, he can't be a gunner etc. Karlos Williams gives you that special teams presence. With the signing of McCoy. Fred is just going to sit there with a fairly sizeable contract for 5 carries a game? This move makes all the sense in the world, even though I don't like it

I have a bad feeling about this. I don't trust McCoy and behind him they have what? A rookie, a journeyman and a fumbler? They are apparently going to start a guy at QB who has never started in the NFL and you cut a great safety valve and a great blocker. I don't get it.

I have a bad feeling about this. I don't trust McCoy and behind him they have what? A rookie, a journeyman and a fumbler? They are apparently going to start a guy at QB who has never started in the NFL and you cut a great safety valve and a great blocker. I don't get it.

Enough with the logic. Stick to script: slow, old, too expensive.

I haven't read through all 25 pages of WTF?! posts but I'm sure several people made the point that this band of misfits is going to need solid leadership this season, and Fred was the man to play that role. It's not clear to me now where the leadership is coming from, and that is a concern given the way Rex has reshaped the roster. I sure hope the FO knows what it's doing....

Edited by Willyville Guy