RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unconscious bias is still bias.

Right, and it's bias when it comes from fans too. Objectively, Fredex has a higher fumble rate per carry than Brown does, but Brown is seen by fans as "that fumbler". Think about it: a lot of fans here understandably emotional about the cut, cite Fred's "intangibles". What are intangibles but another word for perception or bias?

I hate, hate, HATE, that Fredex got cut, but I also think we have good football men running our team and no reason (yet) to think they are making decisions on bias and not objective facts.

Only one 1000+ yard season in his career.

Oh gee, only one in a pass-happy league....

Only one 7+ TD season in his career.

Below 3.9 YPC two of the last three seasons.

Answer for both of the above = crappy OL. What other backs have we had with better?

Oldest RB in the league.

Started later than the others too

Suck it up and buy a new jersey and get real with yourself. Nice guy, but can't play anymore.

Saturday proved this wrong

I'm sure he'll make a fine car salesman.

Pass happy league? 12-15 guys go over 1000 every year. Spiller got more YPC. He didn't start later, he just couldn't get an NFL shot so played years in scrub leagues. Saturday apparently did NOT prove this wrong, hence the cut. 9/10 NFL backs find the end zone on that long run.

If that is the best attempt you can make at humor.Well, you need some work. How,about getting me some ketchup for my fries now. Thanks.

On the other hand, you, Sir, make a fine Douche.

Hey, I'm not the one that cut him. No need to call names. You are letting your emotions get the better of you.

It's akin to if the Steelers had cut Bettis in his final season to make roster space for an overrated/under-performing young back the GM wanted to be proved right about. It's wrong, it stinks, and it cuts the heart out of the team. Bad move.

I hate it too. But I won't pretend to not understand it.

Yep. And it's perfectly reasonable to be upset by this. Not because it's a mistake, mind you, because it's Fred. And if you're a Bills fan, that's reason enough.

both statements are very true. FJ was a bright spot on & off the field during some otherwise dismal times for the Bills. He will be sorely missed by this Bills fan & to whoever said that there would come a time this season when the Bills wish they had Freddy I couldn't agree more.

Unconscious ridiculousness and nonsense is still ridiculousness and nonsense.

He traded a fourth round pick for him. Not that much. He traded for Mike Williams and had no problem releasing him even if he thought his coach was behind it. There is no indication whatsoever that this guy is an ego guy more than a team player and there is all kinds of evidence than he is a team player more than an ego guy.

Mike Williams was hot garbage in public. Bryce is bad behind 3 other good players. Also 6th round flyer vs. a 4th (poentially 3rd!) round pick.

I guarantee Doug Whaley thinks that Bryce Brown will do more for the Bills in 2015 than Freddy could, and I guarantee he's wrong.

Edited by FireChan

You think they will go with McCoy, Karlos and Dixon versus McCoy, Karlos and Brown? And why, besides the obvious ST bad ass that Boobie is.

I'm not who you're talking to, but I think it's possible. My reasoning is that our OL is still in question: 'Cog and Miller are clear upgrades at guard, but our 2nd and 3rd string OL seems like a dumpster fire. Brown has speed, but he spluttered last year behind a poor OL with 3.5 ypa, while Dixon managed 4.1 ypa behind the same poor OL. I think it's possible that Dixon showed the coaches more as an RB, which, added to his ST bad-assery, might make him the 3rd RB on the roster.

I also think there may be a sleeper rook RB in the late signings they like enough to want to stash on the practice squad, and that with a PS RB, a fullback and with all the injuries at WR, they may opt to keep 3 RB and more WR and TE.

It's akin to if the Steelers had cut Bettis in his final season to make roster space for an overrated/under-performing young back the GM wanted to be proved right about. It's wrong, it stinks, and it cuts the heart out of the team. Bad move.

Agreed.

Slowest 40 yrd run of his life Saturday. Thanks for the memories, Freddy!

1st off I LOVE FREDDY! But that run reminded me of the scene on any given sunday where coach shows a clip to show what happens when a rb loses even a 1/2 step. A younger, faster rb would not have been caught. I know the rb had to see the cutback lane like Freddy did, but the point it clear. He's slower now and has been hurt the past couple of seasons. Again I love Freddy but this is a move that is not too surprising .

i see these two situations as different.

I'm not who you're talking to, but I think it's possible. My reasoning is that our OL is still in question: 'Cog and Miller are clear upgrades at guard, but our 2nd and 3rd string OL seems like a dumpster fire. Brown has speed, but he spluttered last year behind a poor OL with 3.5 ypa, while Dixon managed 4.1 ypa behind the same poor OL. I think it's possible that Dixon showed the coaches more as an RB, which, added to his ST bad-assery, might make him the 3rd RB on the roster.

I also think there may be a sleeper rook RB in the late signings they like enough to want to stash on the practice squad, and that with a PS RB, a fullback and with all the injuries at WR, they may opt to keep 3 RB and more WR and TE.

I think your last paragraph is why they released Fred. But I think they keep Brown over Boobie because Karlos is a battering ram like Boobie. Brown is a slasher. It's just an opinion though. Who knows.