RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

He is a real professional. He doesn't fumble, jump offside, hold, draw personal fouls or drop passes. He will never cost you a good play or a game by making a stupid mistake. He will never cost you your QB for the season because he whiffed on a blitzing LB. He'll never get arrested or suspended for violating the substance abuse policy. And he can still break tackles and wring every inch out of every play you give him. How on earth is Brown still on the roster and Freddie is not?

Fred Jackson doesn't fumble?

Holy selective memory, Batman!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, no. I bought it when he was about to be released back in March. We got a lot of signatures and made the news. It's just something to show the team how the community feels about Fred. Nothing SEO/publicity wise. Just put it together to get people to vent.

Cool man... Nice one!

!@#$ you Whaley, and !@#$ you Ryan. You just released your number 2 back for a fumbler and an unproven rookie with questionable (to be charitable) character. Can't wait to see Fred in a Cheats jersey, leading them to victory at the Ralph with Janeane at the helm.

All the best to you Fred Jackson. Sucks that now you'll be delivering for someone else. You will never be forgotten in Buffalo. See you at your WOF ceremony.

And this is how you tell who is a Bills' fan versus who is not.

Thurman Thomas - released at 34 and signed with Miami

Emmitt Smith - released at 34 and signed with Arizona

Guys get released when they get old. It happens.

Let's remember that Fred was an undrafted FA that worked his way from the world league to the practice squad, then onto a roster where he was productive for 10 years. Good for him.

Let's also remember that he was never more than a solid, productive guy. We did not just release a HOFer. This move will very likely not mean the difference between the playoffs and not making them.

Mostly, if this move makes you cheer for NE over the Bills, then go do it even if Fred doesn't sign there, because you aren't a Bills' fan. Yes, I mean it.

!@#$ you Whaley, and !@#$ you Ryan. You just released your number 2 back for a fumbler and an unproven rookie with questionable (to be charitable) character. Can't wait to see Fred in a Cheats jersey, leading them to victory at the Ralph with Janeane at the helm.

Please get syphilis.

I'll never understand statements like this.

It's the "I'd rather be right on a message board than have the Bills be successful" syndrome. It's quite common.

I'd love to see Fred do well for someone this year too -- assuming it's not someone the Bills are playing or fighting for a playoff spot.

So does he go to Pats*, Jacksonville, somewhere else?

He'll be a Patriot by sundown.

Or is there a chance this is a nod & wink move with the understanding he will be brought back as soon as things sort out?

If not, this is a horrible move to deprive Fred a chance to make the playoffs with the Bills.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

After 30K posts I'd expect you to be less sensitive. The way I wrote it could be confusing but the way it was meant that Bills fans hoping that Karlos will be good will let them down. FWIW, I don't have to hope, Karlos is a guy who averaged 4.6 when he was counted on as being the guy and then lost his spot to a true freshman and had fumbling issues. He runs straight up and down. He's not good. Hope on!

I will. Enjoy your day.

I don't understand the need to use personal insults on a message board. I am pretty sure you can effectively make your point without taking shots at other posters.

Edited by YoloinOhio

STOOPID effin move Rex, Whaley & Pegula. I hope he makes you pay.

Not felling the Ryan coaching smarts. Shut your trap now Rex and start winning games pronto. Your schtick with this fan is already growing old and you have not played a game yet. other than glorified scrimmages.

Enough of your blowhard personality. Show us the baby.

Agree with everything you said except the part about being a great 3rd down back. Freddie was good at a lot of things, but short yardage 3rd down situations and goal line situations were not among them. His running style was not suited to those situations and he repeatedly got stuffed. Love Freddie as a player and I believe he still has something left in the tank for whoever picks him up. I don't expect it to take too long for him to find a new team.

I was thinking 3rd down situations from a pass catching standpoint, and in all honesty he is still probably the best on the team in that aspect. Best pass blocking back aside from Shady, and probably comparable.

Look back over the last five years, and the Bills have fielded some of the very worst offensive lines in the league. No RB on the Buffalo Bills was good in third and short over that time.

Yet Freddy almost always found a hole when Lynch & Spiller could not.

6 RB's still on the roster, and I see only one even close to as good as Fred. Sorry, still don't get it

Bryce Brown

Boobie Dixon

Bronson Hill

LeSean McCoy

Karlos Williams

Cierre Wood

It's the "I'd rather be right on a message board than have the Bills be successful" syndrome. It's quite common.

I'd love to see Fred do well for someone this year too -- assuming it's not someone the Bills are playing or fighting for a playoff spot.

Just sad really. When Thurman signed with the Dolphins, I still wanted him to do well but I wanted the Bills to kick the crap out of them when they played.

So my question is that the Bills have been contemplating this since Feb/March so why cut him now? Really bad optics on the timing here.

this might literally be the best optics imaginable. they gave him a full shot to make the team, and let him go at first cuts when they felt he didnt. what more could you ask for?