Rumor: Chip Kelly to the Titans?

It's absolutely ridiculous but at the same time it makes a lot of sense. It wouldn't shock me if the Eagles were getting tired of Chip's act pretty quickly, I've said before if they fall apart this year and are bad, it could get real ugly quickly with the players he's cut/traded/resigned being very popular guys with fans. The Titans can't be overly enamored with Wisenhunt after one season of ending up with the 2nd pick. Obviously Mariota is the future, why wouldn't you want to bring in the coach who gives him the best chance of success?

This side show is going to be entertaining to watch...

I totally agree.

I highly doubt this. Jeff Laurie has put his complete faith in Chip to the point where Chip got to play GM. I don't see Chop walking away from that kind of power.

Dunno. I can see him bailing if things start to go South. He's the kind of guy that leaves behind wreckage, but gets out before it affects him personally. It'll be interesting to see how long it is before that catches up with him.

Even before the McCoy trade, I have never liked Chip Kelly. That said, while I like Florio for entertainment purposes, he likes to throw stuff against the wall, to see what sticks. I could definitely see McCoy leaving the Eagles after this coming season...unless they win, and win bigger than they did last year, he is going to be in a messy situation in Philadelphia. I could see him high-tailing it back to college, easily.

So to review:

According to the Brain Trust at OBD:

Chip Kelly = bad.

Russell Wilson = bad.

Johnny Football = bad.

EJ Manuel (or Manual based on the prevalent spelling here) = GOOD.

Got it.

Edited by Stopthepain

So to review:

Chip Kelly = bad.

Russell Wilson = bad.

Johnny Football = bad.

Got it.

You can't just say "to review" and then make up a bunch of positions and attribute them to the team's management.

Hilarious. The Eagles are about to be the NFL's biggest train wreck, with Chipper in the conductor seat.

I haven't wanted to see a team crash and burn this much since......the 'Dream Team' Eagles from five years ago.

So to review:

Chip Kelly = bad.

Russell Wilson = bad.

Johnny Football = bad.

Got it.

There are still people sucking the 'Johnny Football' knob?? :lol:

I haven't wanted to see a team crash and burn this much since......the 'Dream Team' Eagles from five years ago.

There are still people sucking the 'Johnny Football' knob?? :lol:

he moved to the suburbs! He's studying the playbook! Superbowls!

Even before the McCoy trade, I have never liked Chip Kelly. That said, while I like Florio for entertainment purposes, he likes to throw stuff against the wall, to see what sticks. I could definitely see McCoy leaving the Eagles after this coming season...unless they win, and win bigger than they did last year, he is going to be in a messy situation in Philadelphia. I could see him high-tailing it back to college, easily.

I sure hope he's already left them by now.

This smells like complete and utter BS to me.

The "article" mentioned the possibility of upcoming rumors that may cause the Eagles issues in the future. There is nothing that in any way says there are actual rumors of this happening. But everyone sucks anyway.

EDIT: After re-reading I take that back. The article does insinuate that, but they base it on the following quote from Florio:

"Second, the next distraction for Kelly and the Eagles (and the Titans) will be the inevitable speculation — which already has begun in some league circles — that Kelly is destined to eventually become the coach of the Titans."

So in other words, BS rumor mongering.

Edited by Acantha