Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, why is Revis taking so long to make up his mind?

GO BILLS!!!

There is smoke IMO. It is kind of like when the Saints slid in and grabbed Byrd at the 11th hour. No one considered them a threat and all of a sudden he was signing there. I am not saying that the Bills would sign him but I am confident that they are in play.

Not surprised. He needs the big media market to help stroke his ego which is not a ding. The guy is good but that was not a smart move. The Jets are a rebuilding team. Looks like the AFC East is going to home to 4 tough defenses.

I hope they grossly overpaid and he has a string of groin and hammy injuries that hamper him for 17 weeks. Too much money for ONE guy who's NOT a QB. No need to worry beyond 17 weeks and concern ourselves with playoff time.

Interesting overseen snippet from NFL.com Gregg Rosenthal:

It's rare that a transaction can so directly cause pain for two division rivals, but this move also will be tough for Rex Ryan to swallow. Revis' first official visit was scheduled to be with Buffalo, but the Jets just couldn't bear to see him play for another rival.

@AdamSchefter: Jets are expected to pursue free-agent-to-be CB Darrelle Revis to see if they can bring him back to New York, per sources.

@AdamSchefter: Not just Jets interested in Darrelle Revis; Rex Ryan will try to lure the free-agent-to-be CB to Buffalo as well. AFC East in on Revis.

They Jets can keep Revis, the Dolphins can keep Suh, the Bills signed Felton!!! Enough said.

More detail

@AlbertBreer: Jets CB Darrelle Revis agrees to a five-year, $70 million deal. $48 million over first three years. $39 million fully guaranteed.

I guess another one bites the dust. Well, that is too much money given our overall needs anyway.