Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. For what it's worth, I'm down w/ signing Revis if they can get creative and not hamstring efforts to upgrade the OL.

Be interesting to see if they do actively pursue him...and i agree outside of the obvious at QB...i would rather see our money go to the OL...and getting Big Stuff done this year and Gilmore next.

Edited by plenzmd1

3 teams in 3 years. Why doesn't any team think he's worth keeping?

He didn't really want to go to Tampa, the Jets traded him because they didn't want to pay him and they were worried about his injury. Then he didn't want to stay. That's not his fault and that's two of the three teams. Then he signed with one of the best teams for a huge contract, they won the SB and now they likely don't want to pay him $25 million.

He didn't really want to go to Tampa, the Jets traded him because they didn't want to pay him and they were worried about his injury. Then he didn't want to stay. That's not his fault and that's two of the three teams. Then he signed with one of the best teams for a huge contract, they won the SB and now they likely don't want to pay him $25 million.

That's what I said. No one wants to pay him for another year. They don't think he's worth the money.

It would make no sense for the Bills to be the next in line for that annual show. Our D is solid. Why blow a huge chunk on a CB for a year?

That's what I said. No one wants to pay him for another year. They don't think he's worth the money.

It would make no sense for the Bills to be the next in line for that annual show. Our D is solid. Why blow a huge chunk on a CB for a year?

Well the Jets were stupid and their defense fell apart without him. The Bucs suck. The Patriots loved paying him the 12 million last year, it was a super bargain. They would love to pay him 12m this year too. But it goes up to 20. He's not going to get 20m from anyone I don't think. And that's not what the Bills would have to pay per year (although the guarantee may be more).

The point is, you made it sound like he wasn't worth the money. He was in NY. He was a total bargain in NE. He wasn't in TB because they suck.

I think this is one of the things Rex spoke about when he said everyone is on the same page.

Rex and Whaley know that Rex's D works best when you have 2 outstanding corners.

Whaley and Pegula told Rex they will do everything in their power to bring Revis to Buffalo during the interview process. I am not saying Revis will be a Bill but if not it is because someone paid silly money that even Rex says nope.

in Tampa they didn't need him for Lovie's cover 2 D once he was hired. He is worth the money in a D that relies on putting a CB on an island.

The Bills need to focus on player retention on defense, and player enhancement on offense. Last years running games needs to never be that awful again. A solid running game this past year would have been HUGE. I took for granted that they would run it fairly well, and often. Wow was I wrong.

Well the Jets were stupid and their defense fell apart without him. The Bucs suck. The Patriots loved paying him the 12 million last year, it was a super bargain. They would love to pay him 12m this year too. But it goes up to 20. He's not going to get 20m from anyone I don't think. And that's not what the Bills would have to pay per year (although the guarantee may be more).

The point is, you made it sound like he wasn't worth the money. He was in NY. He was a total bargain in NE. He wasn't in TB because they suck.

Not really. With him or without him, they were a top 10 D in yards allowed (top 6 last year). With him or without him, they were 19th or 20th in points allowed 2011-2013. He wasn't worth the money (or the aggrevation of holdouts/demands for new contracts).

The Jets were a higher ranked D without him than the pats were with him in 2014. NE had the 17th ranked passing D this season. Not really a bargain.

Not really. With him or without him, they were a top 10 D in yards allowed (top 6 last year). With him or without him, they were 19th or 20th in points allowed 2011-2013. He wasn't worth the money (or the aggrevation of holdouts/demands for new contracts).

The Jets were a higher ranked D without him than the pats were with him in 2014. NE had the 17th ranked passing D this season. Not really a bargain.

Yes really. The Jets defensive backfield became the worst in the league and the Pats won the SB with Revis taking the best WR out of every game. But keep on arguing that he's not very good, or never worth the money, or that the Jets didn't drastically miss him, or that the Pats didn't think he was a bargain this year.

Yes really. The Jets defensive backfield became the worst in the league and the Pats won the SB with Revis taking the best WR out of every game. But keep on arguing that he's not very good, or never worth the money, or that the Jets didn't drastically miss him, or that the Pats didn't think he was a bargain this year.

I think Gilmore could take Doug Baldwin out of the game. Leo too.