Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

I guess I could see them doing both trading for RG AND bringing in a stable vet like Moore. It depends on how this staff views EJ on that. They are absolutely going after a new starting QB it's just a matter of what they find.

I agree that if it is a Hoyer or Moore than EJ will have a shot to compete. I just don't get the impression that is their plan A. They are going to try to get a guy with some question marks and a lot of upside. I don't see it as a guy in the draft either.

Totally agree with all of that. I know they are going after big guys and sure starters. They have the money and the resources. Teams aren't giving up good ones and they aren't letting go of question marks unless they themselves have replacements, which the Bills cannot give them.

If I had to bet, I would say that we are going into next season with a guy like Bradford or RG3 as our starter. But that is like a 55-45 proposition over the Matt Moore/Hoyer/EJ scenario.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with all of that. I know they are going after big guys and sure starters. They have the money and the resources. Teams aren't giving up good ones and they aren't letting go of question marks unless they themselves have replacements, which the Bills cannot give them.

If I had to bet, I would say that we are going into next season with a guy like Bradford or RG3 as our starter. But that is like a 55-45 proposition over the Matt Moore/Hoyer/EJ scenario.

RG3, Hoyer, and EJ would be a fun QB competition from my perspective

RG3 is broken. He has worse pro qualities than EJ does.

RGIII is broken now. That is very apparent. Much of his stunning regression (besides his injuries) is due to his diva attitude and his inability to respond to coaching. But he is not a lost cause. He needs a change of scenery and a fresh start. The organization also needs to unattach itself with this constant stream of controversy and conflict. However, the owner is not going to cut his losses this offseason because he wants to try to rehabilitate the troublesome player and recapture some of the magic he witnessed in the qb's rookie season. (I agree with the owner that it is worth another try even if the coaching staff prefers going in another direction at the qb position.)

In the second half of his rookie season he was a dynamic qb who regularly made big plays. However, due to injuries and a diva attitude that made him resistant to coaching he has lost his way. The best thing for him would be to get a fresh start somewhere else. I would gladly trade EJ and picks for RGIII. It would be a gamble but it would be worth the risk.

RG3 is broken. He has worse pro qualities than EJ does.

Define broken and explain why it can't be fixed.

Suggesting EJ has more upside than RG3 right now is absurd.

I can't wait for EJ to be washed from the league so we can all stop talking about him in every thread.

I used his full name for 2 reasons, 1) Taylor is far more common of a last name than Flowers, Royal (probably 2nd most common in the group), and Vick, and 2) of the 4 players he is the one I expect the least people to know, especially by last name only, since he hasn't really seen the field since college

That makes sense. But, the play by play guys didn't!

I used his full name for 2 reasons, 1) Taylor is far more common of a last name than Flowers, Royal (probably 2nd most common in the group), and Vick, and 2) of the 4 players he is the one I expect the least people to know, especially by last name only, since he hasn't really seen the field since college

Why not go with first name only? "Tyrod takes the snap, he rolls left, Tyrod at the 40, throws deep to Sammy to give the Bills a 7-0 lead in Super Bowl L", you know, something like that?

Tyrod is probably the least common first name in the NFL

Edited by reddogblitz

I wonder if mr. Khaki pants (aka, the analytics department) might view revis as having a better net effect on the defense than re-signing Hughes. I bet you a guy like revis has a quantifiable increase on coverage sacks.

Interesting thought. I'm inclined to agree, but he would cost a crap ton of $$$. I think we should let hughes walk and worry about signing iupati.

I can't wait for EJ to be washed from the league so we can all stop talking about him in every thread.

He's lazy.

He has a poor work ethic.

He has poor footwork.

He can't read a defense.

He can't run.

He throws like Tebow.

I can't wait for RG3.zero to be washed from the league so we can all stop talking about him coming to Buffalo like some kind of savior.

wah wah wah :cry::cry:

My heart bleeds for you. RGIII had a QBR of 40 and 30 these past 2 seasons. see the trend?

EJ has yet to play 16 games due to Doogie Maroon!

Its EJ's year to prove it. IF he fails in 8 games then you can strut around like a rooster all you want.

You're sick of EJ talk? MANY of us are sick ot he Orton and RGIII and Shankchez and McCoy and Manziel and the list goes on talk.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

wah wah wah :cry::cry:

My heart bleeds for you. RGIII had a QBR of 40 and 30 these past 2 seasons. see the trend?

EJ has yet to play 16 games due to Doogie Maroon!

Its EJ's year to prove it. IF he fails in 8 games then you can strut around like a rooster all you want.

You're sick of EJ talk? MANY of us are sick ot he Orton and RGIII and Shankchez and McCoy and Manziel and the list goes on talk.

Talking about dead-horse-beaten topics is the lifeblood of message boards. Have at it.

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like the Bills don't expect him to be available. And the Jets are dealing with a tampering charge already on Revis.

That's what I thought until I read the PFT article.

Hell hath no fury like Revis not liking his contract situation. Good luck to Kraft :)