Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea but where does Revis want to go. A) back to NY, B) back to the coach that made him great (Rex), C) or stick with NE where he finally got a ring.

It's between those 3 teams. I don't think the Dolphins have a chance

Bad idea. Bills all ready have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Revis is a big money player. Buffalo has far more pressing needs to spend money on and the secondary ain't it.

The NFL is a league of opportunity. You create pockets of excellence where you can.

There are no big money QBs available. We have the cash. Why not spend it on an elite CB that will make our good defense even better?

Of course, it depends on the cost. If Revis is so pricey we lose the opportunity to sign Hughes and another OG, I say no. But we'd be foolish not to check this out.

The NFL is a league of opportunity. You create pockets of excellence where you can.

There are no big money QBs available. We have the cash. Why not spend it on an elite CB that will make our good defense even better?

Of course, it depends on the cost. If Revis is so pricey we lose the opportunity to sign Hughes and another OG, I say no. But we'd be foolish not to check this out.

Some people just don't get it. Cap space does not mean you can sign Andrew Luck, Calvin Johnson and Jimmy Graham. We have plenty of cap space and should pursue players of Revis (or in the other thread Suhs) caliber if they are interested in coming here.

Yea but where does Revis want to go. A) back to NY, B) back to the coach that made him great (Rex), C) or stick with NE where he finally got a ring.

It's between those 3 teams. I don't think the Dolphins have a chance

I don't believe that the Jest are a realistic option. There were too many bridges burned when Revis left and he wasn't thrilled with how Woody Johnson and the organization handled things. I agree that Miami is not going to happen either. In the end, Revis will go where the money is, like he always has. BTW, Cromartie might be a realistic option for the NJJ. He loves Bowles from his time in Arizona and has said that he would welcome a return to the Jest. We'll know soon enough.

I don't believe that the Jest are a realistic option. There were too many bridges burned when Revis left and he wasn't thrilled with how Woody Johnson and the organization handled things. I agree that Miami is not going to happen either. In the end, Revis will go where the money is, like he always has. BTW, Cromartie might be a realistic option for the NJJ. He loves Bowles from his time in Arizona and has said that he would welcome a return to the Jest. We'll know soon enough.

Revis has also said he would like to return to NY. He tried to go there instead of NE last year

I don't think he's getting any long term deals. If he wants big bucks ($20 mil + a year) he will probably just be a hired mercenary and get a 2 yr deal at best

He can most likely play 5 more years at a very high level, if some of those later years are at safety instead of CB.

I don't think he's getting any long term deals. If he wants big bucks ($20 mil + a year) he will probably just be a hired mercenary and get a 2 yr deal at best

Really b.c everyone is saying this might be the year Revis gets a long term contract.

He can most likely play 5 more years at a very high level, if some of those later years are at safety instead of CB.

true but safeties make a lot less than a shutdown corner so I doubt anyone is giving him $100 mil over 5 yrs. He will get a 2 yr deal then if he does well another 2 yr then maybe he gets cut and transitions to safety or maybe he says I'm rich who cares and he retires

Really b.c everyone is saying this might be the year Revis gets a long term contract.

I would be shocked. Any team giving a 30 yr old corner $100 mil is dumb. Look at Champ Bailey or Charles Woodson. Corners (like RB's) don't play at a high level for very long