Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MMehtaNYDN: Sources: If Darrelle Revis receives comparable offers on open market ($ about same),he plans to re-sign with Patriots http://t.co/sGZfFxpYrG

Well, that is Mehta's take. That's likely written from the JESTS perspective. Why would Revis want to sign with them for the same money that NewenGland* would offer? Moonlight trips down memory lane in a horse drawn carriage around Central Park? I don't think so. I mean, while we do owe Mehta a hat tip for blowing Maroon out of the NYJ's HC water, but it seems to me that he's looking as only a small corner of the poker table.

Edited by Nanker

Well, that is Mehta's take. That's likely written from the JESTS perspective. Why would Revis want to sign with them for the same money that NewenGland* would offer? Moonlight trips down memory lane in a horse drawn carriage around Central Park? I don't think so. I mean, while we do owe Mehta a hat tip for blowing Maroon out of the NYJ's HC water, but it seems to me that he's looking as only a small corner of the poker table.

Same could be said about Buffalo. Revis lives in NYC, he would go there or NE before he comes here.

I dont think Revis is looking at Buffalo.

If i were to wager NE redoes his deal.

If they land Revis, McKelvin becomes trade bait headed into the draft. The only catch is his fractured ankle (certainly hurts his trade value, even though he was playing the best football of his career), so they might have to wait until pre-season and he shows he's healthy on tape.

Robey has the best instincts of any player in the secondary. The guy is a baller, don't let his size fool you. He got beat a few times, sure, but the guy is a stud in the slot. Not so much on the boundary.

Robey is a baller and one of my faves. just dont match him on Gronk!

I would think this is wrong. My gut tells me the Rex connection is much stronger.

i think he would rank it as:

NE (more rings)

Bflo (loves Rex, but it's the Bills)

Nj (he lives in NYC, but hates woody)

Phil (Chip may have brinks truck ready)

NE (more rings)

From reading collision low crossers, just strikes me that he is a Rex and maybe a Pettine guy.

I would move Buffalo and Cleveland to the top of that list.

The other thing is Revis is a western PA kid and Pitt alum; I doubt he would express any hesitation about going to the rust belt.

Where does he say Revis would rather sign with the JETS than NE?

From reading collision low crossers, just strikes me that he is a Rex and maybe a Pettine guy.

The other thing is Revis is a western PA kid and Pitt alum; I doubt he would express any hesitation about going to the rust belt.

and the Steelers need him in the worst way. But just don't think their cap situation could handle the money he wants... With the Big Ben deal looming

I don't see the Bills going after Revis. Just hard to see the team going in that direction. I don't think its impossible as Rex's schemes require really good corners (Rex's best Jets team had Revis and Chromartie as shut down corners). But with Gilmore, Graham, and McKelvin as the top 3 with Robey as the dime back its hard to see them needing anything more than depth either a low key signing or a mid to late round pick. Keeping Hughes (and depth at LB) and adding to the offense seems like a more pressing need.

I don't see the Bills going after Revis. Just hard to see the team going in that direction. I don't think its impossible as Rex's schemes require really good corners (Rex's best Jets team had Revis and Chromartie as shut down corners). But with Gilmore, Graham, and McKelvin as the top 3 with Robey as the dime back its hard to see them needing anything more than depth either a low key signing or a mid to late round pick. Keeping Hughes (and depth at LB) and adding to the offense seems like a more pressing need.

I like our CBs but I don't trust any of them with a true #1 on an island. Gilmore will grab people at the line but if they get by him it's over.

I like our CBs but I don't trust any of them with a true #1 on an island. Gilmore will grab people at the line but if they get by him it's over.

Gilmore played out of his mind the second half of the season. He locked people up one on one. I have no fears about the Gillylock locking down number 1 WRs in Rexy's scheme.

NE (more rings)

He's not a former Duck, so forget Philly!

You would think McCoy would think more along those lines, too.