Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

So he is 30 and people want this guy at a high price why?

Better off signing him 5 yrs to a reasonable deal and I mean putting in there that its not use him for 3 yrs and cut bait. Its a play him at CB and then nickel or dime or safety

Is rather go bolstering the TE and OL. Though I believe the OL is closer then people think.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he is 30 and people want this guy at a high price why?

Better off signing him 5 yrs to a reasonable deal and I mean putting in there that its not use him for 3 yrs and cut bait. Its a play him at CB and then nickel or dime or safety

Is rather go bolstering the TE and OL. Though I believe the OL is closer then people think.

He's got more than one season left playing at the highest level of the position in my mind. But no one is talking about giving him 100 million, they are going to have to pay Gilmore soon and he'll get a big pay day, so there's only so much money to go around in the secondary. But with a reasonable contract structure, pairing Revis and Gilmore together would be the best CB tandem in the NFL, to go along with the league's best DL.

That's hard to resist... and still leaves money to address TE/RB/Depth at OL

There is no doubt the Jets need him more than the Bills do. Interesting though - Revis, Gilmore, Graham, Leo, and Robey? That's one way to try to to beat Brady.

Robey? he cant even beat Carr. I'd sooner let Rambo play safety with Duke/Searcy (if he comes back, as I hope he will) and let A Williams move down to corner

Would you rather have Hughes at $12 mil and a $5 mil CB or Revis at $12 mil and a $5 mil DE?

Purely hypothetical.

Revis. Even Maybin was able to get to the QB in Rex's defense so I feel like there are a lot of options for pass rushing DE's

He and Gilmore along with Aaron and Duke would make a wicked backfield

To make cap space, I'd ask McKelvin to take a pay cut.

If they land Revis, McKelvin becomes trade bait headed into the draft. The only catch is his fractured ankle (certainly hurts his trade value, even though he was playing the best football of his career), so they might have to wait until pre-season and he shows he's healthy on tape.

Robey? he cant even beat Carr. I'd sooner let Rambo play safety with Duke/Searcy (if he comes back, as I hope he will) and let A Williams move down to corner

Robey has the best instincts of any player in the secondary. The guy is a baller, don't let his size fool you. He got beat a few times, sure, but the guy is a stud in the slot. Not so much on the boundary.

Would you rather have Hughes at $12 mil and a $5 mil CB or Revis at $12 mil and a $5 mil DE?

Purely hypothetical.

Revis.

And I dont want Revis. But given that choice, Revis.

Cutty at $17 mil.

Sigh. But I gotta agree. We can have 8 shutdown CBs, but with no QB, what's the point?

Good point on no QB. I'd rather spend my free agent money on a QB, although no top talent, so adda guard and a TE. Two top additions there with our current defense with Kiko back would place us in a strong position in the draft because with our 6 picks, we're not filling glaring needs, but adding depth where there is the best talent.

I would get Revis done ASAP. And pay him what he wants. He is still an elite level CB and has the skill set to become a top tier S later in his career. Our secondary would immediately become one of the best in the NFL, on par with the Cardinals and Seahawks.

The Bills can pick up a pass rusher in FA. They are available every offseason.