New sale of team thread

With the initial Bid due date past, it appears the Pegula's, JBJ & Co. and the Donald are front runners. Our previous thread is at 54 pages and running, so this one will pick up from today and go forward.

Hoping our new owner is announced at the October Owners mtg.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize the "official" release of who the new owner will have to wait, but couldn't the Wilson estate announce whose bid they have accepted and forwarded to the NFL?? That, would help immensely in relieving some of the pressure to find out the fate of the BILLS. In that, if in fact it were Pegula, I would rest easier knowing the first major hurdle was overcome and the last was to be approved by the NFL...if I / we have to wait until October to find out both of those facts, it's going to be a long couple of months and much, much, much more conjecture...which, I'm already sick of...ughh!

I really don't understand how JBJ can even be in the bid process considering his group is out of Toronto and they have been open about looking at Toronto sites. I thought the lease stated anyone looking to relocate would not be accepted.

I'm sure this was talked about in the other thread but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sift through 54 pages to find the answer.

I realize the "official" release of who the new owner will have to wait, but couldn't the Wilson estate announce whose bid they have accepted and forwarded to the NFL?? That, would help immensely in relieving some of the pressure to find out the fate of the BILLS. In that, if in fact it were Pegula, I would rest easier knowing the first major hurdle was overcome and the last was to be approved by the NFL...if I / we have to wait until October to find out both of those facts, it's going to be a long couple of months and much, much, much more conjecture...which, I'm already sick of...ughh!

I 2nd the motion. The uncertainty is nerve wracking!

I really don't understand how JBJ can even be in the bid process considering his group is out of Toronto and they have been open about looking at Toronto sites. I thought the lease stated anyone looking to relocate would not be accepted.

I'm sure this was talked about in the other thread but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sift through 54 pages to find the answer.

This was supposedly done by Rogers when looking at a solo bid. It in no way reflects JBJ's official position on relocation. Although I'm sure we can all guess what it is.

With the initial Bid due date past, it appears the Pegula's, JBJ & Co. and the Donald are front runners. Our previous thread is at 54 pages and running, so this one will pick up from today and go forward.

Hoping our new owner is announced at the October Owners mtg.

Maybe you could add to the subject "Jury is out Day 1" and update the number every day

Just thought of something and maybe its nothing but even if the JBJ group won the bid, they would still have to pay the $400M to move the team. Or if they waited for the buyout, they would still have to pay a relocation fee and anywhere between $800M-$1.5B for a new statium.

They wouldnt be able to afford all of that would they if they got the team for say $1.5B?

CBF

Just thought of something and maybe its nothing but even if the JBJ group won the bid, they would still have to pay the $400M to move the team. Or if they waited for the buyout, they would still have to pay a relocation fee and anywhere between $800M-$1.5B for a new statium.

They wouldnt be able to afford all of that would they if they got the team for say $1.5B?

CBF

they would not pay the relocation fee, they would wait out the lease. between Rogers and Tannenbaum they are pretty wealthy. JBJ is the one holding them back imo. also, Rogers has the money but he has to get the ok from his family to use it. it just sounds like a big mess and 1 guy with cash like Pegula should be the obvious favorite

I bet it will leak. I am certain it will.

Look at it this way: Since Mr Wilson's passing, we are well more than halfway to those owner's meetings.

I get the feeling it will be leaked when they pick the winner. We found out both bids within 24 hours when it was non disclosed.

Vetting process.

Make no mistake - the "leaks" we are hearing are well placed...It vets out the riff raff and news maker bids. As I understand, they have leaked out that Pegula's bid is a QTR Billion more than the JBJ Group. Unless they are willing to step up, this is basically over other than the ownership vote...

Edited by Kipers Hair

They're not accepting one bid at this time, at this time, they're going to sort out the serious suitors from the bids that don't have any chance.

so do we have to start over again?

RIP Mr Wilson!

LOL

I see no reason to have closed the old one. We all simply check new content in it anyway.

And you're right RIP Ralph.

And now, again,

VIVA EL PEGUAL

how is that possible? Wasn't there a time frame when he had to submit? Isn't that over?

Yes and no. There was a deadline but it's not a legal thing. The Trust can do whatever it wants. It's starting work right now (well the bank is) on the bids, but it is not going to turn down someone coming in this week with a bid higher than the ones it already has in hand. Golisano is just posturing IMO. He wanted to see the bids. He knows he cannot compete with Pegula. Now that the numbers are higher than first thought he can just sit this out and offer to help or put some in to ensure the team stays in Buffalo.

So "Non" Jovi is somehow going to need to come up with a minimum of $420 million personally if they bid 1.4 Billion, at which point Pegula will bid 1.5 and then knock them out since at $420 million depending on reports, that would be $120 million more than he is worth or basically leave him shopping at Dollar Tree and eating at local soup kitchens and his own restaurant for free because he wouldn't have two nickels to rub together. Quite an embarrassing position for a potential NFL owner and one I would think the league would frown upon...