New sale of team thread

Russ wants to remain. I do not suspect that either of the other 2 do. They do not work out of Orchard Park. They may very well continue working for the Wilson's (and both be walking out with a chunk of the sale). The point is that their future is tied to RW and Russ is tied to the Buffalo Bills. Does that make sense?

I am truly looking forward to the day Littman has no involvement with this team.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to think more and more that the real plan for this group is for the bad guys with real money to deliberately hide behind the rock star for the purchase, but then eventually relegate JBJ to minority background status when they are in a position to move the team.

The only chance they have is to put the largely popular rock star out front to absorb the flack from the public and hope he eventually wins everyone over.

I'm not a conspiracy guy in every instance, but I can't help thinking of that South Park episode about the OJ trial when Johnny Cochran was holding the monkey puppet in front of the jury, saying "Look at the monkey, look at the monkey. And the juror's head explodes.

Look at the rock star, look at the rock star!

HAHAHAHAHA a South Park Reference ....

How has he kept team here ? As far as I see, he wasn't in position to move it and plays no role in regards to sale process ? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I don't see that he's played a role in keeping team in WNY.

Sure seemed like he played a significant role in the draft day trade for Watkins. All the images and comments suggested the same.

His reputation with league owners is phenomenal, and it's been very influential in them wanting the team to remain here.

Was in boston today, local told me flutie was now involved in a group interested in buying the bills. Little while later someone else told me the same thing. I told him he was crazy and must have flutie and bon jovi mixed and he insisted it was f lutie. Anyone else there this?

I think this person is full of sh--.

Was in boston today, local told me flutie was now involved in a group interested in buying the bills. Little while later someone else told me the same thing. I told him he was crazy and must have flutie and bon jovi mixed and he insisted it was f lutie. Anyone else there this?

Someone mentioned he has a drum kit for sale on craigslist for $600 . So you never know.

Was the Kennedy family also involved because thats the only way he'd have the money. If he wants a football team he should buy the Calgary he's a God there.

Except he doesn't manage the football side now. I don't know how many times this had been stated.

That's all fine but I want Russ to stop making football decisions. BTW does anyone know if Pegula can own the Bills and the Sabres?

BTW does anyone know if Pegula can own the Bills and the Sabres?

He can, since they are in the same market. That was the issue with Jacobs, and why Kroenke had to sell off the Nuggets/Avs before he bought the Rams.

Edit: Real life example - Wayne Huizenga (sp?) owned both the Dolphins and the Marlins in the 90s.

Edited by OvrOfficiousJerk

That's all fine but I want Russ to stop making football decisions. BTW does anyone know if Pegula can own the Bills and the Sabres?

He can, since they are in the same market. That was the issue with Jacobs, and why Kroenke had to sell off the Nuggets/Avs before he bought the Rams.

Edit: Real life example - Wayne Huizenga (sp?) owned both the Dolphins and the Marlins in the 90s.

Good job, Promo. It took all of one post for another victim to get sucked into the web of this long-running gag...

Plus, the team is fetching a relatively low sale price because Ralph contractually trapped it in WNY

Hmmm the team is going be sold for the highest amount ever for a team. Hmmmmm But you say a relatively low price.

How has he kept team here ? As far as I see, he wasn't in position to move it and plays no role in regards to sale process ? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I don't see that he's played a role in keeping team in WNY.

Sure seemed like he played a significant role in the draft day trade for Watkins. All the images and comments suggested the same.

You don't see it because refuse to see it. Sal Palantonio was on the Howard Simon show and said the rest of the NFL considers Brandon a miracle worker because he makes the Bills very profitable (rank #20) in one of the league's smallest markets. That's how he helps keep the team here. He makes money. If you want to fire him then just give the Bills to JBJ.

This may mean nothing at all but last night I had the opportunity to sit on the field at the Induction Ceremony and just 2 rows in front of me were the Bills Brass including Whaley, Brandon and Overdorf. However, sitting down the row from me was Littman and at no point during the whole induction ceremony did Littman speak to any of those guys. He sat there the entire time and never seemed even inclined to talk to those guys. Between speeches, the big shots from around the NFL and a bunch of former players would walk around and mingle among each other and even take pictures with fans (such as myself), but like I said before, Littman never did anything but sit there.

Thought it was rather interesting that their was no interaction between he and the other Bills brass, including Brandon. It could mean nothing but both my father and I thought it was very interesting.