New sale of team thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure but they may very well be involved.

The group that I am alluding to is by FAR the biggest in terms of $. It is just something to keep an eye on as this thing plays out.

Pegula would be a 'top 5' owner in terms of cash...no? Yet, this group is 'by far' the biggest???

I hope their intent is a sincere, long term committment to Buffalo. The Trust dictates some assurances but we've 'seen it' from Pegula. I just wish he'd win and this would be over.

And do we truely know for certain that Jim Kelley is not in a minority group tied with Pegula?

I have only heard speculation about Pegula being a sole owner, but he did make it a point of bringing back the extended family with the Sabres after he purchased them. Maybe he felt that he would bring in a part of the former Bills Family as a small minority owner.

Why pay stipends for these team ambassadors when you can have them as tiny minority owner?

Maybe that is what this presentation to Jim Kelley is about. Maybe he has a small group of former players...Thurman, Andre, Bruce...that will put in a little money to be part owners of the team and then they will get paired with the Pegula, errrr, i mean Highest Approved Bid.

Pegula would be a 'top 5' owner in terms of cash...no? Yet, this group is 'by far' the biggest???

I hope their intent is a sincere, long term committment to Buffalo. The Trust dictates some assurances but we've 'seen it' from Pegula. I just wish he'd win and this would be over.

Yes, they're by far the biggest.

Yes, they'd keep the team in Buffalo.

Yes, El Pegual is still the most likely winner.

With his involvement, JBJ has served a useful purpose, although not one that he anticipated or wanted. He has helped galvanize support for keeping the Bills in Buffalo, and is the bad guy to rally the opposition around. This has been helpful, and I am shocked at how incompetent his group has been in pursuing the potential purchase of the Bills.

With his involvement, JBJ has served a useful purpose, although not one that he anticipated or wanted. He has helped galvanize support for keeping the Bills in Buffalo, and is the bad guy to rally the opposition around. This has been helpful, and I am shocked at how incompetent his group has been in pursuing the potential purchase of the Bills.

I wouldn't blame incompetence for their situation. They've simply been stonewalled from their original intention by both the NFL and the Trust, and it's forced them to shift gears dramatically in the middle of the process. IMO it's made them look less organized than they may have been otherwise.

Either way, it's true that they've served a purpose in this whole thing.