Bills interested in Deebo Samuel per Mike Giardi

Michael Silver on X: "@UncleBubba_88 @BleacherReport @brgridiron I reported Tuesday that Deebo was told he would not be traded. I reported Thursday that they were listening to offers. I am now reporting he is likely to be traded in the wake of the Pearsall pick." / X (twitter.com)

Just now, 947 said:

We already signed Deebo-lite in Samuel, this makes no sense. Aiyuk is the 49ers WR we should be interested in.

I wouldn't mind both Deebo-lite AND Deebo-normal, personally.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I would not like this! 

And the Bills were supposedly frantically trying to make a big trade up in the draft, even more "heaven and earth" to do so just to find out Beane never made one call to make a big trade up nor did anyone call him.  

So call me skeptical...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, 947 said:

We already signed Deebo-lite in Samuel, this makes no sense. Aiyuk is the 49ers WR we should be interested in.

It sounds like the 49ers aren't really looking to move Aiyuk, though. In fact, they may be trying to still work an extension 

not a fan of this and I wouldn't give them anything beyond one of the late fifth round picks.

He is perfectly setup to just be an average player or one managing injuries all the time.

if there's a world where we end Friday with a second round WR + Dejean/Kool-Aid/other + Deebo, I'm all for it and could care less what day 3 picks we give up

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

The key thing lots people forgetting that the Bills don't leak out much. 

This is true. However if the Bills have had contact with the 49ers either they or Deebo's reps may put it out there to stir interest. And being it mentions 2 teams it's likely agent or the 49ers. 

That said, even in cases like this, the "interest" could be something as simple as the Bills having a casual call with someone on the 49ers staff and asking what they are looking for....which is very common. 

• Agree 3

I don't buy it at all.

For one thing, his skillset is redundant with Curtis Samuel's. I don't think you need TWO guys like that on your offense. Curtis Samuel is already Deebo lite. Heck, has list name is even Samuel!

For another, the Bills literally CANNOT trade for Deebo right now. It's impossible. See Tweet below.

Lastly, he's 28 and expensive and hasn't had a 1,000 yard season in several years. I think it's smoke. I think it's a lie. 

• Agree 1

There's been way too many "trade proposals", be it JJ, Aiyuk, Higgins...now Deebo.

Fans need to remember that we need to fit said player under our current cap, BEFORE we renegotiate a new deal.

So even if the "price is right", it's technically not possible unless Beane somehow generates the needed cap.

And FYI, Deebos 2024 cap hit is HUGE.  

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope this is just fluff Deebo's agent is putting out there. If you want a WR just draft one at 33.

im not racing to trade for deebo but swap 2s and draft Polk or similar late in the round is a path to getting back to 4 viable wrs 

samuel-samuel-kincaid-cook with Knox/Shakir would give Brady a ton to play with

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, 947 said:

Samuel is a slot receiver, an inch shorter and 20 lbs lighter. Deebo is 6' 215 lbs who only takes like 17% of his snaps inside. For reference Diggs took 30% of his snaps from the slot and Curtis took nearly 70% from the slot position. 

They aren't even close to the same receiver. 

Edited by Mango
Changed to Curtis and Deebo.

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

No.  If we keep 33 take a WR regardless of acquired player

Nah, you take DeJean.  Big need at that position, and there's no one better available. 

• Disagree 1

$20.9 Million base this year for Samuel plus he has become a little fragile.  Not a Beane/McDermott Availability kind of guy.  Missed 9 games - 2020; Missed 4 in 2022 and 2 last year...  Not realistic.

I am open to this depending on compensation (you aren't getting any of my next 4 picks this season)... and I would still want to get a WR at 33.  

Truthfully this guy is one of my favorite players to watch in the league, and he'd be an absolutely lethal player in this offense.  I think Brady/McD/Beane know this so you have to consider it if you can make the math work.  Doing it means Shakir is probably playing a bit more boundary, and other Samuel is probably used a bit differently.  

Just now, JoeF said:

$20.9 Million base this year for Samuel plus he has become a little fragile.  Not a Beane/McDermott Availability kind of guy.  Missed 9 games - 2020; Missed 4 in 2022 and 2 last year...  Not realistic.

49ers were using him to play RB and WR.  They wrecklessly used the guy, and the offense was not good without Deebo.  

• Like (+1) 2