Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Raiders - a team with needs everywhere on the roster - pick a tight end at #13. A ***** Tight End. 

Not a knock on Bowers. Good player. But this is soooo dumb. 

I think it’s a great pick for them.  They have the defense to beat KC, but not the offense.  Bowers is an absolute beast! 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Its almost like these GMs don't know that "defense wins championships"

Yep. Chiefs defense was unreal last year in the postseason. Mahomes is great but their skill players were garbage, OT terrible and they won a Super Bowl on the back of an elite defense in the postseason. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The temptation is going to be too great to not  take a defensive player. There will be some studs there when we pick.

That's my fear to.  But the first 13 picks have been offensive players.  It's clear where the entire NFL thinks the priority should be. To take a defensive player in the face of this and after you traded away your best WR would be a risky move by McD/Bean - a very risky move.

• Like (+1) 1

It's fascinating how the "bad" teams are all going offense, which suggests the "good" teams will do what good teams do and happily pick the falling BPA defensive talents, unless...

...unless the 1st round just turns into the top 30ish offensive prospects getting snagged early just because.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Trade futures for Aiyuk and take the best defensive player on the board tonight.

I don't think we have the cap space currently to fit him in, they would need to make capspace

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

I think it’s a great pick for them.  They have the defense to beat KC, but not the offense.  Bowers is an absolute beast! 

I don't think they do have the defense personally. They have some DL talent but their secondary is bad. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

Usually it is because another team is also bidding for that pick and you think they will take your guy.  It is a defensive move to block anothetr team from taking who you want.  I think?

Thanks, I didn't "get it" either.  Wonder if the bidding was real, or "puffed up" by the Jets to make Minny nervous?

3 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

But you didn't like the Lions draft last year and they were the 3rd best team in the League

Drafts are not graded on an org's W/L record the subsequent season. That's not at all where the real impact can be measured.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I was just going to say it's looking good to trade back for Washington's Pick #36 and #100.

the cowboys peple i am listening to think dallas and washington might have a deal setup id dallas guy is gone.

i hope not because i would lve the move back for buffalo

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yep. Chiefs defense was unreal last year in the postseason. Machines is great but their skill players were garbage, OT terrible and they won a Super Bowl on the back of an elite defense in the postseason. 

Chiefs know the formula. 

Elite IOL + Kelce

They know officials don’t call holding on Tackles in the Playoffs, so they just need the receivers to step up a bit.. which they did. 

Their defense couldn’t stop Allen without his WR2 and knowing he needed to be perfect with our mash unit defense. 

Just now, DisplacedBillsFan said:

I think people are forgetting that Aidan O'Connell looked decent as a rookie who was thrown into action in the midst of chaos on that team, and is an accurate passer.

Minshew Mania says wt....

mustache leach GIF by ESPN

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Colts going defense is my guess. A CB. But then again a WR wouldn't shock me at this point either.

I sure hope so. I could see them going BTJ though very easily. 

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

The temptation is going to be too great to not  take a defensive player. There will be some studs there when we pick.

Who do you have in mind, especially that would fit the Bills?