Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Lol people here SERIOUSLY thought the bills were trading up to the top 10 for these guys?!?

😆😆😆😆

It’s more that I thought the  others teams would want to trade down to 28 for 2025 picks 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Giants now just need a QB to throw to him. 

unfortunately, none of the ones left were real. May as well take a star pass catcher if there’s not a qb

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Man does TN go Odunze, reach for a tackle or go completely where no one projected? 

They've gotta protect Levi, OT for sure. While Burks has busted they still have Ridley and Dhop at WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Torn between wanting Odunze to slip on the outside chance we trade up and wanting him gone before the Jets pick. 

I actually think the prospect of that would be a big motivator for Beane to get him at 9.

Whelp, we get about 20 more minutes of "Odunze Watch".  He won't make it past the Jets, so we have 2 picks to try and deal for if we want him.

Ugh.....I will hate us not being able to get to him and hate it even more that we will have to play him multiple times a year.....

Just now, NoSaint said:

unfortunately, none of the ones left were real. May as well take a star pass catcher if there’s not a qb

An elite early-pick WR can unlock a QB's potential, like EJ Manual.

Right?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

If they are as good as you think they all are, why would any team trade down instead of drafting them?

because they have different needs or timelines or ratings?

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay it is Alt. He is my #1 overall player. I'd have gone receiver if it was me, but I can't hate that

Alt can absolutely play. It just felt like the perfect time to give your franchise QB a weapon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Just now, NoSaint said:

Yeah, I don’t know if I’d go that path as a GM though. I don’t like any of the QB’s left, but at the end of the day, none of us can predict these things. If you don’t have a playoff QB, I think you need to keep selecting them until you find one. Each year becomes a wasted lottery ticket. That receiver isn’t going to move the dial, no matter how good. The Bills made the same mistake at the QB position during the drought years. 

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Nabers is gonna get so many screen passes... They better pray there's a QB in R2 available. lol

can easily move up with the Bills at 28 to get Penix and get the 5th year option with the first round picks