Diggs traded to Texans for picks

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

because give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep in till noon

as evidenced by posters in this and other threads...that's diggs and winning/being competitive/et al

I loved Diggs but I think he’s fake now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

I've always had the view that I like Diggs. I respect his grind to be great. I won't forget the way he sat out on the field after that KC game. It looked like a person who cared a lot. I respect his competative flare and appreciated goofy little things he did a few times.

The way it ended wasn't ideal. This isn't the outcome I would want. I trust in this regime, with the understanding that they have some flaws and I have no crystal ball. At least I know stuff gets shaken up and thats a sign of people not getting stuck on losing ideas. 

So bring the pain and thin the weeds. Rebuild stronger and figure it out in this next few runs. If not then it was a good run but Ill have to side with the win it all now crowd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

38 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

He always has been, it's never been anything but an act.

Somewhere, probably in this thread, there is a clip with Mark Schlereth giving J Bettis credit for something like “if everywhere you go, it smells like S%$t, maybe it’s you.”  He liked the Bills being rid of him, so of course we love Schlereth today.  😋

I think he actually liked the Texans only having one year of him to make him try, but that makes it a fairly rich price (a top 50 pick?) for a WR for one year.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

Somewhere, probably in this thread, there is a clip with Mark Schlereth giving J Bettis credit for something like “if everywhere you go, if smells like S%$t, maybe it’s you.”  He liked the Bills being rid of him, so of course we love Schlereth today.  😋

I think he actually liked the Texans only having one year of him to make him try, but that makes it a fairly rich price (a top 50 pick?) for a WR for one year.

Maddy Glab told us. We didn’t have her back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I agree, that Beane got great value, and I'm not disputing losing a round because it's for next year. However, all things are not equal. BB will be here next year to use that pick unless we trade it away. In a lot of other cases, like the Jets for example, there's pressure to win now, and the current regime me not be there next year if they don't win this year. I also love the draft flexibility it created for us this year, when it comes to potential trades.

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

I've always had the view that I like Diggs. I respect his grind to be great. I won't forget the way he sat out on the field after that KC game. It looked like a person who cared a lot. I respect his competative flare and appreciated goofy little things he did a few times.

The way it ended wasn't ideal. This isn't the outcome I would want. I trust in this regime, with the understanding that they have some flaws and I have no crystal ball. At least I know stuff gets shaken up and thats a sign of people not getting stuck on losing ideas. 

So bring the pain and thin the weeds. Rebuild stronger and figure it out in this next few runs. If not then it was a good run but Ill have to side with the win it all now crowd.

I had a different take on his on field demonstration after the KC game.  I viewed it at the time as trying to draw attention to himself.  Gabe was the potential hero of that game let’s not forget, not Diggs.  That’s why he was demonstrating on the field.  Me, me me.  

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I never doubted her, that’s for sure. I have been pretty clear about that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, papazoid said:

beane got great value for a 1 yr rental

this other discussion revolves around some who think that because it's a 2025 2nd round pick....that its only worth half as much as if it was a 2024 2nd round pick....which i do not believe

Yes, he did.  KC just got back a third round pick for L Sneed, who is a first team all-pro and much younger than Diggs…

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

I had a different take on his on field demonstration after the KC game.  I viewed it at the time as trying to draw attention to himself.  Gabe was the potential hero of that game let’s not forget, not Diggs.  That’s why he was demonstrating on the field.  Me, me me.  

Wrong game. But I agree with your take about the ‘look at me’ moment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Is my memory wrong, or weren’t we in on Antonio Brown?  We signed malcontent Diggs (and Calvin Benjamin prior).  So much for his regime only signing choir boys?

yes we were.  Definitely dodged a bullet there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

5 hours ago, Augie said:

I never doubted her, that’s for sure. I have been pretty clear about that. 

Whether Glab's hot mic take was accurate or not was never really the issue for me, as much as "Team reporter gets caught absolutely blasting #1 WR's character and does NOT get fired for it." 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

😡

Ok look, an NFL QB can throw an accurate ball in shorts to an uncovered WR... the things people crow about. :doh: Not to mention, based on the pulling up at the point of the catch, looks to me like the last 2 were underthrown... 

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Whether Glab's hot mic take was accurate or not was never really the issue for me, as much as "Team reporter gets caught absolutely blasting #1 WR's character and does NOT get fired for it." 

Interesting…I never thought about it like that.  Says a lot in hindsight 

17 hours ago, Augie said:

I always thought the “next year’s pick” was overly discounted by some and applies mostly when you have a regime who is less secure in their standing so they need to win now. I like future picks if you get them discounted. I mean, you end up using them! 

Agreed. Teams get what they can (obviously). They discount early picks differently. I’ve heard that divide first round picks into 3 tiers and second round picks into 2. IOW a late first this season is worth a top half of the second next, etc. Projecting where a team is likely to pick next season is a big factor. 

3 hours ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Interesting…I never thought about it like that.  Says a lot in hindsight 

Honestly what she said wasn't all that bad and provided you didn't take it in the most absolute literal way possible it didn't even portray Diggs that badly either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, nucci said:

professional football players playing catch....incredible to watch

Building a bond. Bills haven’t done this since 2020. Mahomes literally runs his own passing camp at his house every year.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe I just watch the wrong sports media but I’m blown away by how this has played out.  Every single offseason the national media basically said that Diggs was a malcontent that was causing friction on his team and with his QB.  He’d throw out those famous cryptic tweets and every media outlet would take 30 minutes deciphering how unhappy he was.  His brother flat out trashed his QB and Josh did nothing.

Now Diggs is traded and Josh Allen fed up after 1 loss makes an offhand remark (mind you no one seems to know what Diggs said before that remark) and that’s the whole story now.  The Bills got robbed, Diggs is going to be part of one of the best offenses in the league, he’s suddenly a top 5 WR again.  But man Josh Allen yelled at him ONCE.

Just crazy how it all flipped.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, FLFan said:

You are talking about two different games. The one where Diggs stood out on the field afterward watching the Chiefs celebrate was the AFC championship game the Chiefs won 38-24. The 13 seconds game where Gabe scored four touchdowns was a year later in the divisional round, and I don't remember Diggs doing any on-field demonstration after that game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

You are talking about two different games. The one where Diggs stood out on the field afterward watching the Chiefs celebrate was the AFC championship game the Chiefs won 38-24. The 13 seconds game where Gabe scored four touchdowns was a year later in the divisional round, and I don't remember Diggs doing any on-field demonstration after that game. 

There are so many false narratives about Diggs, why pick nits on this one?

Edited by 4merper4mer

49 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Building a bond. Bills haven’t done this since 2020. Mahomes literally runs his own passing camp at his house every year.

You have no proof that Josh Allen does not work out with his receivers in the off season

You're talking about a kid who had a world class work ethic now all of a sudden since he got good he's a bum with getting chemistry with teammates

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, nucci said:

professional football players playing catch....incredible to watch

Professional football players making time in the offseason to get together without any obligations truly is incredible. 

I mostly worry about what this means for the direction of the team. 

I could see McDermott looking like the Jack Nicholson meme nodding yes maniacally at posts suggesting  KC "won with defense" so we need to invest all our resources there and Allen will figure something out on offense. 

1 hour ago, Chugga said:

Maybe I just watch the wrong sports media but I’m blown away by how this has played out.  Every single offseason the national media basically said that Diggs was a malcontent that was causing friction on his team and with his QB.  He’d throw out those famous cryptic tweets and every media outlet would take 30 minutes deciphering how unhappy he was.  His brother flat out trashed his QB and Josh did nothing.

Now Diggs is traded and Josh Allen fed up after 1 loss makes an offhand remark (mind you no one seems to know what Diggs said before that remark) and that’s the whole story now.  The Bills got robbed, Diggs is going to be part of one of the best offenses in the league, he’s suddenly a top 5 WR again.  But man Josh Allen yelled at him ONCE.

Just crazy how it all flipped.

Trashing Buffalo and the Bills is a national pastime.  This is nothing new.  

• Agree 1

The more I read about Josh and DIggs this seems like addition by subtraction.  

The Bills have a new OC, the Bills went 7-2 with that OC and a diminished role for Diggs.  Josh was much better at spreading the ball around to Shakir, Kincaid and Cook who rewarded him by catching 80% of his throws as opposed to Davis and Diggs who caught 61% or less.  

The Bills also clear an expensive Prima Donna out of the locker-room.  We may look back at the Diggs trade and call it Josh Freedom Day.  Now Josh can literally scan the field and throw to who is open instead of force feeding Diggs to keep him happy.  

I wonder if the dropped ball against KC was the last straw for Diggs in Buffalo.

People are justifiably worried about how we make up the 241 targets, 152 catches, 1926 yards and 15 TDs that walked out the door with Diggs and Davis.  Add in Harty, Murray, Sherfield and Harris and you have another 67 Targets to re-allocate.  

I'd argue that this is a classic Moneyball situation where we'll make up for the loss in the aggregate. Josh targets a Receiver (TE, RB or WR) about 550 times per season. Next season Knox (36 targets), Kincaid (91), Shakir (45) and Ty Johnson (7) all should have expanded roles with Kincaid likely going form 90 to 120 targets and Shakir going as high as 85 or 90.  Beane signs UFAs Samuel (92 tgts) and Hollins (30) and I can easily see them repeating those numbers in Buffalo.  Now add a high draft pick at WR to the mix. Davis, as a rookie, was targeted about 65 times, and that seems like a reasonable place to start for a new player.

Kincaid 91 --> 120

Shakir 45 --> 90

Samuel 92 --> 90

Rookie WR 0 --> 65

Cook 54 --> 60

Knox 36 --> 50

Hollins 30 --> 30

Johnson 7 --> 30

Others 6  --> 10

This allocation would actually decrease the throws to the receivers (from 330 to 280), but increase the usage of the TEs (from 130 to 170).

This would be a much more balanced passing attack and make it much much harder to defenses to defend.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The more I read about Josh and DIggs this seems like addition by subtraction.  

The Bills have a new OC, the Bills went 7-2 with that OC and a diminished role for Diggs.  Josh was much better at spreading the ball around to Shakir, Kincaid and Cook who rewarded him by catching 80% of his throws as opposed to Davis and Diggs who caught 61% or less.  

The Bills also clear an expensive Prima Donna out of the locker-room.  We may look back at the Diggs trade and call it Josh Freedom Day.  Now Josh can literally scan the field and throw to who is open instead of force feeding Diggs to keep him happy.  

I wonder if the dropped ball against KC was the last straw for Diggs in Buffalo.

People are justifiably worried about how we make up the 241 targets, 152 catches, 1926 yards and 15 TDs that walked out the door with Diggs and Davis.  Add in Harty, Murray, Sherfield and Harris and you have another 67 Targets to re-allocate.  

I'd argue that this is a classic Moneyball situation where we'll make up for the loss in the aggregate. Josh targets a Receiver (TE, RB or WR) about 550 times per season. Next season Knox (36 targets), Kincaid (91), Shakir (45) and Ty Johnson (7) all should have expanded roles with Kincaid likely going form 90 to 120 targets and Shakir going as high as 85 or 90.  UFAs signees Samuel (92) and Hollins (30) and I can easily see them repeating those numbers in Buffalo.  Now add a high draft pick at WR to the mix. Davis, as a rookie, was targeted about 65 times, and that seems like a reasonable place to start for a new player.

Kincaid 91 --> 120

Shakir 45 --> 90

Samuel 92 --> 90

Rookie WR 0 --> 65

Cook 54 --> 60

Knox 36 --> 50

Hollins 30 --> 30

Johnson 7 --> 30

Others 6  --> 10

This allocation would actually decrease the throws to the receivers (from 330 to 280), but increase the usage of the TEs (from 130 to 170).

This would be a much more balanced passing attack and make it much much harder to defenses to defend.  

This is what I keep saying.  Make the D defend the entire field, not one guy.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This is what I keep saying.  Make the D defend the entire field, not one guy.

Brady used to piss me off when he’d start a game with 11 straight completions to 8 different guys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1