Diggs traded to Texans for picks

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

He said "you should have been training instead of playing golf." Josh doesn't like being held accountable. Diggs was the only player on this team that wanted to win and held other players accountable. Now we have no leadership 

I think there is some truth here.  I wouldn’t say “no leadership” but I do think that Allen will have to find a higher level of commitment and leadership this year for the Bills to have the same amount of success.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Allen has to step up here? He should have been the league’s MVP last season. I don’t care if he sits on his ass and eats ice cream all day if he keeps playing at that level.

That's what he might be thinking, too. I mean, what else is he supposed to do? He's carrying the team on his back as it is, the only superstar they have. No, it's time for others to step up and play with as the heart and intensity he's been playing with since he arrived. 

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

He said "you should have been training instead of playing golf." Josh doesn't like being held accountable. Diggs was the only player on this team that wanted to win and held other players accountable. Now we have no leadership 

He might have held other players accountable but I’m not sure he held himself accountable, and if he did he was delusional. He was supposed to be one of the team’s absolute top players and he performed like a disposable average journeyman. When the time came to step up, he stepped down. Or no, the took the elevator down. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Maddy Glab vindicated.  Basically all the hot mic caught was Maddy saying Diggs was difficult to work with.   

3 things cannot be hidden- the sun, the moon, and the truth

Ironically there is an eclipse happening Monday that will in fact, hide the sun

• Haha (+1) 8

35 minutes ago, finn said:

That's what he might be thinking, too. I mean, what else is he supposed to do? He's carrying the team on his back as it is, the only superstar they have. No, it's time for others to step up and play with as the heart and intensity he's been playing with since he arrived. 

Beane needs to provide those players and/or McD & Co. need to coach them to get that out of them.  If it's a simple matter of simply getting any player(s) to do that, it's one thing.  Or is the lack of talented players that are capable of doing that it's entirely another.  Perhaps both.  

Manny people don't see the talent on the field that's capable of doing that.  

9 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

You are completely making shite up. Graham said he doesn’t know what Diggs said. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

When the time came to step up, he stepped down. Or no, the took the elevator down. 

Sadly, that's the hallmark of this era Bills in the playoffs.  No one but Allen steps up with any consistency whatsoever.  

How could you possibly say Josh isn't a good leader?... lol.

Because he doesn't have a melt down when things aren't going his way?

• Like (+1) 2

Have you listened to any post game interview Josh has ever done. Guy takes the blame for everything and we all know it’s not all his fault. He’s his hardest critic. What Diggs do after he dropped the dime in the playoffs? He never pointed himself, he did this 🤏 to throw the blame at Josh. That’s the guy you think was the leader of this team. Too funny. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Maddy Glab vindicated.  Basically all the hot mic caught was Maddy saying Diggs was difficult to work with.   

3 things cannot be hidden- the sun, the moon, and the truth

Won’t the sun be hidden in a few days?  😂

Regarding Glab.  Must be brutal to have to pretend to the public how wonderful a person, or situation is.  While behind the scenes, that person may be a locker room cancer.  I’m sure there are plenty of behind the scenes actions that will go untold. I’m taking this move as addition by subtraction.

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

interesting whether true or false who knows

Hoping Josh is gulping all this Diggs "He is nothing without me" narrative as fuel for next year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

This is hilarious. You do know Diggs is big into fashion and travels around the world for it in the off season, right? But Josh playing some golf, oh my god he doesn't train hard enough!!

Accountable? Just like when Diggs missed this dime and signaled "close"

Also Allen steps up in the playoffs. Diggs? Na, he dissapears. 

Screenshot_20240404_071203_Bleacher Report.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Josh is absolutely the best single individual player in the league. but this is a TEAM game.....

Unfortunately he is not surrounded by the best team or best coaching staff.

he has improved every year talent wise, i expect the same this season.

look at the difference with Joe Brady as OC in 2nd half of season....remarkable. now we have that for a full season

they can truly spread the ball around without worrying about forcing things to diggs. look for all his other  targets to step up.

the biggest difference this season will be LEADERSHIP. 6 of 8 captains from last year are gone. only josh and von remain.

this is josh's team now.....he's ready......look out  NFL !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/why-did-texans-reduce-stefon-diggss-contract-from-four-years-to-one

This has to be the dumbest reason, if true, for the Texans voiding Diggs final 3 contract years, saying...

"They want the best possible version of Diggs. They want none of the little things the Bills tolerated until it became one big thing."

So they are basically saying Diggs is a diva and they don't want to upset "his highness." Good luck.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/why-did-texans-reduce-stefon-diggss-contract-from-four-years-to-one

This has to be the dumbest reason, if true, for the Texans voiding Diggs final 3 context years, saying...

"They want the best possible version of Diggs. They want none of the little things the Bills tolerated until it became one big thing."

So they are basically saying Diggs is a diva and they don't want to upset "his highness." Good luck.

This makes me even happier to get a 2nd rounder for him, even if it’s in the next draft. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This has to be the dumbest reason, if true, for the Texans voiding Diggs final 3 context years, saying...

kind of.....but if viewed from the position the texans only want a 1 yr rental. you're getting a highly motivated and happy  diggs playing for his next contract. (of course he could become unhappy not getting enough targets.....one can hope....lol)

the dumb part for me is that they gave up a very early 2nd round Minnesota  draft pick for that 1 yr rental..... that's steep

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, papazoid said:

kind of.....but if viewed from the position the texans only want a 1 yr rental. you're getting a highly motivated and happy  diggs playing for his next contract. (of course he could become unhappy not getting enough targets.....one can hope....lol)

the dumb part for me is that they gave up a very early 2nd round Minnesota  draft pick for that 1 yr rental..... that's steep

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled the Texans did this for the Bills. But wow, did they bend over for their new prize WR. I hope he's worth it. One thing about divas, the more you give in to them, the more they will demand because they see you're afraid to say no.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Sadly, that's the hallmark of this era Bills in the playoffs.  No one but Allen steps up with any consistency whatsoever.  

Maybe that's the best those guys can do. As good as Allen is, he can only make a bunch of JAGs look so good. Outside of Diggs, the guys on offense aren't that great. Same with defense, as a group they are good but have very few playmakers. 

Take Allen off this team and they're probably are .500 at best.  Look at Cincinnati, Burrow goes down and their backup still won a bunch of games cause of the talent around him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, papazoid said:

It maybe a steep price but if they end up winning a Superbowl or making it there it's worth it. Their QB is still on his rookie deal, that's the best time to go all in. 

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

so your an optimist....lol.....i'd say 5-6 wins without josh

It also shows why this team struggles in the playoffs. They don't have the talent to win against the better teams when it matters. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

so your an optimist....lol.....i'd say 5-6 wins without josh

Especially with McD still at the helm. Great he got Taylor to the playoffs his first year. He hasn’t evolved at all since then. We go as far as Josh takes us and that’s why everything needs to be geared towards helping him out

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ironically there is an eclipse happening Monday that will in fact, hide the sun

and Buffalo’s perpetual gloomy skies routinely blot out the moon..

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It also shows why this team struggles in the playoffs. They don't have the talent to win against the better teams when it matters. 

In retrospect, that run they had from mid-season on into the playoff was pretty extraordinary, given the injuries and Diggs awful play. Every last player stepped up, except one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

gotta love the confidence of the Texans---chopping years off his contract and turning  it into a one year "prove it" deal.....as a WR3.

lol--and that's supposed to be an "incentive", lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Maybe that's the best those guys can do. As good as Allen is, he can only make a bunch of JAGs look so good. Outside of Diggs, the guys on offense aren't that great. Same with defense, as a group they are good but have very few playmakers. 

Take Allen off this team and they're probably are .500 at best.  Look at Cincinnati, Burrow goes down and their backup still won a bunch of games cause of the talent around him. 

Exactly! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So tired of the “Josh needs to do more in the offseason” BS. He’s the only guy who consistently steps up in the playoffs where it matters most. Does anyone really think offseason work is going to affect his play after 18 games? Seriously? Give it a rest.

Yeah, he sht the bed against Cinci, so did the entire team including Diggs who’s yet to show up in an elimination game. 

Who steps up regularly for us in the playoffs on O or D besides Josh?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

Josh is absolutely the best single individual player in the league. but this is a TEAM game.....

Unfortunately he is not surrounded by the best team or best coaching staff.

he has improved every year talent wise, i expect the same this season.

look at the difference with Joe Brady as OC in 2nd half of season....remarkable. now we have that for a full season

they can truly spread the ball around without worrying about forcing things to diggs. look for all his other  targets to step up.

the biggest difference this season will be LEADERSHIP. 6 of 8 captains from last year are gone. only josh and von remain.

this is josh's team now.....he's ready......look out  NFL !

I reall think Brady is just right for Josh. Being superman is something to keep in reserve. It can’t be depended on. 15 yard TDs are fine. Preferable even. Although I will miss the ride a bit. The entertainment was off the scale before

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

So tired of the “Josh needs to do more in the offseason” BS. He’s the only guy who consistently steps up in the playoffs where it matters most. Does anyone really think offseason work is going to affect his play after 18 games? Seriously? Give it a rest.

Yeah, he sht the bed against Cinci, so did the entire team including Diggs who’s yet to show up in an elimination game. 

Davis showed up in '21 at least.  

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't know who this dude is so grain of salt and all that, but interesting read. These are all things that I have read or seen reported from Cover1 and Tim Graham.

Can you summarize, I don't have Twitter 

Been on vacation to DC to take in all the sites.  Had a great time, especially being a student of history.

Haven't caught up on all the threads.  Sorry if I missed this being posted somewhere.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Just to play a bit of devils advocate here...what if Josh would have better prepared himself in the offseason and we beat the Jets week 1 and Allen doesn't throw a boatload of picks in the first half of the season? Diggs doesn't lay into Josh, and this team possibly gets the first round bye and we maybe win the superbowl.

We had to fight and claw the second half of the season because Josh wasn't good enough the first half and it cost us.

Seems to me like maybe Diggs had somewhat of a point about preparation 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Especially with McD still at the helm. Great he got Taylor to the playoffs his first year. He hasn’t evolved at all since then. We go as far as Josh takes us and that’s why everything needs to be geared towards helping him out

That's every single team

The Chiefs only go as far as mahomes and would only win six games without him

• Disagree 1